What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R6 | Sun | Warriors 12-40 Panthers | Mt Smart

Result: Warriors v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Warriors vs Raiders in 2 weeks will be appetising - the team that can't play at home vs the team that can't play away.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
even if we got the same ridiculous rub of the green the panthers got, we'd still be facing the same scoreline.

weak as piss.

hopefully the carpark clears out fast, i want to go home.

Rovelli

Bench
I really do like Penrith this year. Great mix of youth and experience, but plenty of representative forwards, exciting backs, and in Burns/Walsh, they may have found a solution to their halves problems.

It's just the way the Warriors have played today that's been very disappointing.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Wow...Warriors were owned today.

IMO if you match the Warriors at their own game and play a loose attacking style then they don't have the defence to match it.

Which is something the Panthers haven't done today. They carted the ball up, controlled posession and then defended with strong line speed off the back of a kicking game that made twice as much metres as their opposition.

Loose is the last thing I'd call the Panthers game today

Rovelli

Bench
Panthers played a great game of footy today. Just did what they had to, and watched the Warriors implode.

Real testing two weeks now for the Warriors. We're gonna be in it up to our eyeballs against the Storm, but the week after we play the Raiders at home. We've somehow got to get to 4-4.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I did say the Panthers looked alot stronger than the Warriors with our big name forward pack and key Warriors out and it proved true but I never expected a win by 28 points. Hopefully the boys can keep it up.

They should keep Tate as captain...quite refreshing to hear the words "unacceptable" and "pathetic" with respect to set completion to describe their performance today.

As least he speaks his mind...

Rovelli

Bench
It's just alarming how badly we played today. If we lost 40-12 at CUA Stadium, and things didn't go our way, then I guess we could let this by.

But we've come into our last home games with a real chance to stamp ourselves on the competition at this early stage...and completely blown it.

Congrats to the Panthers, up to second now. It's an exciting team to watch, and I'll look forward to watching them carve up other teams.

chrisD

Coach
Both Panther wingers had a great game. Deserved scoreline, they were easily the better team for 65 minutes. Waterhouse looked awful and Walsh was as horrible in defense as ever.

aussies1st

Staff member
Refs were consistent with not keeping the 10, so many times they could have penalised both sides. Were a few dodgy calls that went the Panthers way but they didn't cost the Warriors although if you heard their fans you would think they did.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Refs were consistent with not keeping the 10, so many times they could have penalised both sides. Were a few dodgy calls that went the Panthers way but they didn't cost the Warriors although if you heard their fans you would think they did.
really, can you show us anywhere warriors fans are saying a 28 point loss was the result of poor refereeing?

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Wasn't talking about you guys, I was talking about at the game.
fair enough. speaking for my experience there, there were a lot of people pissed at the referees, but most could tell it was the warriors sheer ineptitude that caused that result.

Fibroman

First Grade
Rugby League in 2010 is all about momentum. The 2 refs is crueling the game and the whistle is determining how the momentum swings.

I thought the Warriors got some really bad calls from the refs early and combine that with a bit of luck from us scoring from kicks, allowed the momentum to go our way for the bulk of the game.

We really need Luke Lewis to stay fit this year. If he isn't close to the best backrower in the game at present then I'll give it away.

Iafeta

Referee
The only call that I'd rate as horrible against us was on the last tackle in the first half where the ball was going backwards at a rate of knots after they jammed up on Maloney, McKinnon gets it in front of the Penrith 40m line, faces his own goal posts to avoid a tackler and passes it to a player 4 metres behind the line, which is called forward. It was a WTF moment for sure.

Penrith were just too good. Any team that completes their sets as well as they did, and gets such momentum through the ruck as they did, and kicks as accurately as they do are going to be hard to stop. I thought Civinoceva was awesome for them. The Warriors were all over the show, our right winger couldn't catch a cold and missed a soft tackle early on to allow them to get to 16-0, but aside from that, our back three were seemingly charged with the responsibility of hitting it up... most imporantly, questions need to be asked of those forwards. There seemed to be no organisation from Maloney either, at one stage Brent Tate was passed the ball to the right (he was only player on that side of the ruck at that point), and the closest Warrior to him was a good 20m to his left. Tate gave it to Maloney big time, demanding him to organise the pack to go forward, but it just never happened until they tried going around them instead early in the second half.

I suppose that sort of stuff happens with the injury list we have got, your best defender, your best go forward man, the big metre eater and our most potent weapon, and probably our best fringe forward, along with our organising half. That said, I can't fault Penrith, they'll go a long way this season.

The Piper

Juniors
We really need Luke Lewis to stay fit this year. If he isn't close to the best backrower in the game at present then I'll give it away.

When the commentators said Lewis was taken from the ground due to his hamstring, I was preparing myself for a month or two of losses. He was back on the field five minutes later. But I hope his hammy is ok.

Luke's as crucial to this side's success as Civoniceva, if not more.