What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R7 | Mon | Sea Eagles 22-24 Titans | Brookvale

Result: Sea Eagles v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garts

Bench
I thought Manly were the better side but that means nothing as we did not get the 2 points. Well done the titans, we hammered them in the 1st half and they stuck with us.

Farrar has been great so far but was scared of the bombs tonight, another performance like that under the bomb Hoppa must come in. You can not have a FB that does that under the bomb.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
Well done Titans, they hung tough
BUT how the hell did the ref call Titans feed after he call Farah held then Mini forces the ball out?
Has to be penalty manly
How the hell does the ref call BOD for first try, 2 in the tackle, Titans force the ball out towards manly try line, greg bird offside and picks the ball up and they score?
Has to be penalty offside?

BUT, Titans hung in and got the points, albeit at the hands of teh officials.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Hard to tell where Titan are at without Prince. But they're still consistently getting the 2 points & that's all they'd care about atm. Finals form is all that counts.

Greenbits

Juniors
I would say its about right, they are most definitely equal to if not better than Souths, Tigers, Roosters and Bulldogs especially when you add Prince.

Oh and I know the pain Manly fans are going through, blowing leads seems to be a specialty between the Raiders and Sea Eagles.

Not convinced. They played well against the Raiders (where Prince put on a masterclass), but thats about it. Their first few games were scrappy, and they somehow won. They were woeful last week against the Dragons. Tonight was pure arse, no other way to describe it. Granted they are down Scott Prince (which is obviously a huge loss), but they had him in the early games and didn't impress.

MSIH

Bench
That was abysmal.

Always tough to string 5 straight, but we gifted it to them.

Disgusting Rugby League.

hellteam

First Grade
Did you watch the game. They looked rubbish. 3 of their trys were pure arse. How they won that is a mystery.

Good teams find a way to win games. You see teams like the Storm (yes I know, cheaters) play terribly and pull off wins. Tonight was tough, away night game at Manly, they played badly and still won.

Titans will be there at the end of the season that's for sure.

MSIH

Bench
BUT how the hell did the ref call Titans feed after he call Farah held then Mini forces the ball out?
Has to be penalty manly
How the hell does the ref call BOD for first try, 2 in the tackle, Titans force the ball out towards manly try line, greg bird offside and picks the ball up and they score?

Bullsh*t. Manly's inept display cost them.

Apey

Staff member
off the top of my head Foxsports stats were something like:

Completions

Manly 35/43, Titans 28/37? Unsure on that last one..

Penalties

Manly 6 - Titans 2

Possession

Manly 54%, Titans 46%

Line breaks

Manly 5, Titans 4

Missed tackles

Manly 24, Titans 44

:crazy:

Greenbits

Juniors
Good teams find a way to win games. You see teams like the Storm (yes I know, cheaters) play terribly and pull off wins. Tonight was tough, away night game at Manly, they played badly and still won.

Titans will be there at the end of the season that's for sure.

I guess. They've looked terrible all season, and somehow have managed to win most of their games.

I've no doubt they'll be in the finals, but think it may well be token like last year. They don't seem to be as good a team as last year.

Garts

Bench
Has to be penalty manly

I a not upset with the calls. Was a few 50/50 ones but you get those, no calls that were blatantly wrong imo. We did not play for 80 minutes, did not covert the pressure we had and the Titans got some arsey tries, that is what cost us the 2 points.

Beachy Eagle

Juniors
To clarify, I am not saying we were good, but those 2 decisions are mind boggling.
That was probably our worst game of the season, but good sides find a way to win ugly, we couldn't do that tonight.

Greenbits

Juniors
I a not upset with the calls. Was a few 50/50 ones but you get those, no calls that were blatantly wrong imo. We did not play for 80 minutes, did not covert the pressure we had and the Titans got some arsey tries, that is what cost us the 2 points.

Spot on. The first try was 50-50. I thought Bird was offside, but could go either way. Tits always get the 50-50 calls, its a little known law of physics. They got three arsey trys. Manly had plenty of opportunities and didn't convert.

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Congrats tits to good in 2nd half.
Thats two weeks in a row Des didn't use all his replacements,why pick someone if not going to use them?

broncos2011

Go the tits! I tipped manly but that was an amazing win. How the f**k did they get the 2 competition points lol.

All the tits tries except for one were very lucky.

2pts is 2pts. Des will be fuming at another lead gawwwwn.

aussies1st

Staff member
Not convinced. They played well against the Raiders (where Prince put on a masterclass), but thats about it. Their first few games were scrappy, and they somehow won. They were woeful last week against the Dragons. Tonight was pure arse, no other way to describe it. Granted they are down Scott Prince (which is obviously a huge loss), but they had him in the early games and didn't impress.

However they are doing it, they are 10 points after 7 rounds. They might not look pretty but they have stuck with the teams, the Dragons outclassed them but they are way above any other team in this comp atm. Unlike a number of teams in the top 8, they haven't been thrashed yet which shows there defense is in order which is always the base for starting a good team.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Manly = Club in Crisis

Whatever sells newspapers I guess.

I don't think they are as good a team as their position on the ladder suggests.

Mate they have all the ingredients required to win a premiership. Now that Melbourne's gone, the Titans should be premiership favourites - only the Storm have a better roster.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It wasn't ruled that the Titans forced the ball out; the ruling was that the Manly player lost the ball in the tackle. Knock back, Bird onside, play on.

It could've gone either way so benefit of the doubt says it's a try. Fair call.

Otherwise every time a defender forces an error they'd ping him for knocking on. There'd be no incentive to maintain ball security. If anything, there'd be incentive to let it go in the tackle.

chrisD

Coach
In the post match press conferences Des thought it was the right call and Cartwright didn't.