What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R8 | Sun | Tigers 8-12 Roosters | Campbelltown

Result: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2010teams-wst-alt.jpg

1. Beau Ryan 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Daniel Fitzhenry 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robbie Farah (c)
8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Liam Fulton 10. Keith Galloway 11. Mark Flanagan 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington​

Interchange: 14. Junior Moors 15. Andrew Fifita 16. Mitch Brown 17. Nathan Waters​

2010teams-syd-alt.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Phil Graham 3. Ben Jones 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Braith Anasta (c) 7. Todd Carney
8. Lopini Paea 9. Nick Kouparitsas 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala 11. Aidan Guerra 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Nate Myles​

Interchange: 14. Daniel Conn 15. Jason Ryles 16. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 17. Sam Brunton​

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ashley Klein & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Luke Potter; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins​

Toyota Cup Round 8
Tigers v Roosters @ Campbelltown, Sun 11:45am (LIVE Fox 2)​

NSW Cup Round 8
Western Suburbs (WST) v Cronulla (CRO) @ Leichhardt, Sat 1:00pm
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Central Coast (NWC) @ Leichhardt, Sat 3:00pm
Newtown (SYD) v Canterbury (CBY) @ Henson, Sat 3:00pm​

nrl2010-r8wstsyd.jpg

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Nope, just first game back at the ol' C'town, plus they need to wear it sometime to counter the fact Balmain will be worn the following fortnight (they have a bye in R9) at the SCG.

The Roosters have been playing quite poorly as of late (not that we haven't) and I can't really see them beating us especially with Pearce out and the likely return of Lui to the 7 jumper which should stabilise the team.

I would take my bet depending on who wears the number 7?
Personally, Brad Murray v Robert Lui would be quite a sight.

adamkungl

Immortal
We should still win. I don't think Lui really adds anything to the Tigers, other than removing Fitzy

Gaba

First Grade
I always been saying the roosters need a new halfback , got a feeling the roosters will be a better team

We should still win. I don't think Lui really adds anything to the Tigers, other than removing Fitzy

It puts Beau Ryan at fullback, Fitzhenry on the wing and Lui in the 7 for stability. It means keeping Farah at dummy half where he is most dangerous and it pretty much improves our team 10 fold lol.

Also, Payten may be coming back which is a huge +.

youngun

Juniors
It puts Beau Ryan at fullback, Fitzhenry on the wing and Lui in the 7 for stability. It means keeping Farah at dummy half where he is most dangerous and it pretty much improves our team 10 fold lol.

Also, Payten may be coming back which is a huge +.

Beat me to it, just removing Fitzy from the halves gives us a 10+ point variance in our attack...I think we will be a bit more desperate and determined this week and get up on the Roosters.

Will be a god game against two teams that are struggling but as we know if any team can play someone into form then it is the Tigers!! :D

mattyVOK

Bench
We will undoubtedly miss Pearce but I am confident in Carney’s ability. I think Anasta really needs to lift his game here. Pearce has been organising the troops and Anasta needs to do that this week and just let Carney keep doing what he has been doing.

Having said that the result is tough to pick, the game being at Campbelltown definitely favours the tigers.

To be honest I think the only side under pressure here is the Tigers. There form has dropped considerably over recent weeks and I don’t think a record of 4-4 would be satisfactory for them. In contrast I think most roosters supporters including myself would have taken 4-4 at the start of the year considering a new coach, a couple of new players and a draw featuring the dogs, dragons, tigers x 2, broncos (have not been in form but we were not to know that before season start), Rabbits and the fact we only won 5 games last year. At the start of the season I said I would be happy with 10 wins and just generally being competitive, we are well on the way to that target.

For the roosters this is all about backing up from a game where the score line definitely did not reflect the closeness of the contest. Granted, dragons were the better side but I was disappointed for the boys that the score line ran away from them. IMO it was a better performance form the roosters then when they beat Brisbane but that happens in the NRL, you don’t always win when you play well so hopefully the boys produce a good performance for the 3rd week running.

Monk

Referee
Source: nrl.com team lists.

Anthony Minichiello, Phil Graham, Ben Jones, Shaun Kenny-Dowall, Sam Perrett, Braith Anasta (c), Todd Carney, Lopini Paea, Nick Kouparitsas, Frank Paul Nuuausala, Aidan Guerra, Mitchell Aubusson, Nate Myles. Interchange: Daniel Conn, Jason Ryles, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Sam Brunton.

Graham on the wing, Jones in the Centres? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Timmah

Staff member
Team lists in, plus refs

Wests Tigers v Sydney Roosters
Sunday 2 May 2010, 2:00pm AEST - Campbelltown Sports Stadium
Referees: Ashley Klein & Matt Cecchin; Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Luke Potter; Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Tigers: 1. Beau Ryan 2. Lote Tuqiri 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Daniel Fitzhenry 6. Benji Marshall 7. Robbie Farah © 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Liam Fulton 10. Keith Galloway 11. Mark Flanagan 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Junior Moors 15. Andrew Fifita 16. Mitch Brown 17. Nathan Waters
Roosters: 1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Phil Graham 3. Ben Jones 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Braith Anasta (c) 7. Todd Carney 8. Lopini Paea 9. Nick Kouparitsas 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala 11. Aidan Guerra 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Nate Myles
Interchange: 14. Daniel Conn 15. Jason Ryles 16. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 17. Sam Brunton

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19185 from LU's R8 teams article

pantherz9103

First Grade
Tigers to win due to the crowd, no Pearce and I think they have a point to prove after their poor Round 2 showing. Entertaining game but Tigers by 8