What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R8 | Sun | Tigers 8-12 Roosters | Campbelltown

Result: Tigers v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thommo4pm

Coach
Full credit to the Roosters, they have come a long way from last season.
The Roosters & Saints bashed each other last week, and the Roosters showed some mental toughness to hang in there today and come away with the points late.

Very worrying signs for the Tigers again this year.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Well the Dragons and Sea Eagles are the only top quality sides in Top 8 so if we avoid those two we'll be a chance.

60-14 loss to the Dogs
28-6 loss to Panthers

Roosters aren't really a chance. Not saying Penrith are either, but I don't see where your getting your confidence from. You should just be happy to make the 8. I'm realistic about Penrith, top 8= good season. Average teams don't win premierships.

Only chances are Dragons, Titans, Manly and maybe Parra if they can repeat last year's surge.

Choppies

Coach
Thinking back to last year we would have lost this game last year. We just got over the line however sh*t and got the points. Still not happy with the way either team played. A lot of improving for both teams.

skeepe

Immortal
dirtty? what are u talking about??
he's a damn good player,has to be a shot at rookie of the year

Every single tackle he's throwing a forearm or an elbow. Every. Single. One.

He has Hodges Syndrome, absolutely can't stand getting tackled and wants to start a fight with anyone who dares to,.

Red Bear

Referee
Man. Frustrating game to watch, although i enjoyed the bit of feeling that was in it in the second half. Gareth Ellis was excellent for the tigers but 5th tackle options were pisspoor from both sides.

Tigers have gotta pick Farah at hooker, they just need someone who will catch it from farah and give good balls to Benji.
Tiger's were supurb up until the Dogs game, even then they defended supurbly coming off a good win in Nth Qld. average against the Panthers and poor today. Hopefully they can get back to where they were because in full flight they play easily the best football.

Roosters defended pretty well, Geez Myles has improved alot, but were just as poor in 5th tackle options. That bomb put up by Anasta was excellent, however, perfect kick for that situation, even if Ryan was then taken out. Didnt think that try should've been awarded.

Good little ground at Campbelltown and an excellent crowd. I enjoyed the day despite the poor quality of play

adamkungl

Immortal
Would have been a complete joke if that try wasn't awarded. Minichiello was clearly going for the ball, it isnt his problem if unco Ryan is in the way

mattyVOK

Bench
60-14 loss to the Dogs
28-6 loss to Panthers

Roosters aren't really a chance. Not saying Penrith are either, but I don't see where your getting your confidence from. You should just be happy to make the 8. I'm realistic about Penrith, top 8= good season. Average teams don't win premierships.

Only chances are Dragons, Titans, Manly and maybe Parra if they can repeat last year's surge.

At this time last year would you of thought Parramatta were premiership contenders??

I am not saying that the roosters are capable of that, i agree that top 8 would be an excellent result, just saying that anything can happen.

Anyways, i have to say i am a very proud roosters supporter atm. Yes the game was poor quality but goal line defence in the 2nd half was fantastic and i am stoked the boys hung in there and grinded out a result.

To come from wooden spooners last year with 5 wins from 24 games to being competitive in most games this year with 5 wins from 8 has been a wonderful result so far.

JT_

Juniors
Don't care that we're in the 8 now.

I'm happy the team pulled a win seemingly against all odds and our first real win under intense circumstances.

Danish

Referee
We played sh*thouse in attack but I thought we defended bloody well.

The 2009 roosters would have got beat by 40 today, so I'm just happy to see how much we've improved on last year. We've got a huge amount of critical injuries and a bunch of blokes playing out of position so I wasn't expecting a high quality performance from us.

As an aside Nate Myles has to be the unluckiest bloke in the world to miss out on a test jersey. What the f**k has Gallen done to earn a jersey before him?

Thinking back to last year we would have lost this game last year. We just got over the line however sh*t and got the points. Still not happy with the way either team played. A lot of improving for both teams.

Too true Choppies but when was the last time our team showed a bit of grit and grafted out a win? At least there's something to take out of the game no matter the quality.

gronkathon

First Grade
We played sh*thouse in attack but I thought we defended bloody well.

The 2009 roosters would have got beat by 40 today, so I'm just happy to see how much we've improved on last year. We've got a huge amount of critical injuries and a bunch of blokes playing out of position so I wasn't expecting a high quality performance from us.

As an aside Nate Myles has to be the unluckiest bloke in the world to miss out on a test jersey. What the f**k has Gallen done to earn a jersey before him?

No offence to the Roosters but we would have been lucky to score more than 14 points against the 2009 Sharks today. We were directionless and terrible.

Felt really sorry for the forwards who slogged their guts out and made great metres.

Funnily enough they were the only Tigers who looked genuinely upset after the loss

No offence to the Roosters but we would have been lucky to score more than 14 points against the 2009 Sharks today. We were directionless and terrible.

Felt really sorry for the forwards who slogged their guts out and made great metres.

Funnily enough they were the only Tigers who looked genuinely upset after the loss

Without Lui/Moltzen in the side we won't win a game. We have no direction, no organisation, and pretty much have all our golden boys running around in circles trying to set something up and confuse themselves. Pathetic. Should have won yesterday and won well.

Latest posts