What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R9 | Mon | Roosters 14-32 Cowboys | SFS

Result: Roosters v Cowboys

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Crap game, reminded me too much of AFL which is a bad thing.

With that said, was glad to see the Cowboys get up. Great to see Bowen return, it'll take him awhile to regain his confidence but I thought he was good on return, some of his takes at the back were brilliant for a guy who's barely played in 12 months.

Bolton was once again awesome as was Tonga. Still one of the best left hand combo's in the game.

I feel sorry for the Roosters. Their favourite son, good ol' Anthony has been reduced to an average player. It's a shame to see, but I hope he bounces back. I used to really enjoy watching him play at the end of the day.

Aside from that, boys just couldn't hold onto the ball.

Danish

Referee
When walking out of the game tonight I heard a couple cowboys fans talking. One said to the other:

"cowboys played sh*t tonight, but the roosters were disgusting."

summed it up perfectly I think.

The best part is we have our "home" game against Newcastle at gosford next week.... They beat us there even when we are in form, score could be anything

Charlie124

First Grade
I didnt think we played sh*t at all for once. We made some mistakes (Bani) but for the most part i thought we were pretty good, our forwards were making meters and actually *shock* bending the line for a change instead of making 10m hitups before being forced back 8m. When you consider we were missing the likes of Thurston, O'Donnell, Rapira, Thompson, Gallant & to a lesser extent Webb, Southern and it was Bowen's first game in 12 months i was very happy with not only the result but the sudden shift in attitude. What i saw tonight was a positive and upbeat footy team.

Lambretta

First Grade
Charlie, the Cowboys were pretty poor in large parts but a combination of luck, hapless play by the Roosters and bad decisions by the men in charge saw the scoreline blow out.

OK, the three decisions that went against the Roosters werent the worst thing though, it was the way the Roosters dropped their heads when these things happened.

Bowen at the back was magnificent for the Cowboys. he defused alot of Rooster attack and then countered himself. He is solid f**king gold that one.

Had the Roosters actually manned up, the scoreline would have been far closer. Good on the Cowboys for taking their opportunities.

Just wished I hadnt been there. :(

adamkungl

Immortal
Useless, gutless performance from 3 players cost us the game.
The majority of our side wasn't too bad - a bit lacking in direction, but the forwards did their job and the outside backs were ok on the Graham/Jones side.

Minichiello, Perrett, and SKD were diabolical. Mini was by far the worst on field. The guy is a Roosters legend but so far this year he has shown nothing or worse in every game. Tonight he couldn't pass, catch, or tackle and got outrun repeatedly. Perret on his own cost us at least 18 points through terrible positioning in defence. And SKD came up with some terrible brain snaps, the highlight of which was passing it off the groun when he was clearly tackled for a good 1-2 seconds.

Good return by Jake Friend.

Charlie124

First Grade
Speaking of Jake Friend, whats the deal there?? wasnt he sacked from the Roosters, contract torn up etc?? The way the comentators were talking about him it was like he had just been out injured or something. What exactly is the point of sacking a bloke and then signing him again shortly after?

adamkungl

Immortal
Side note - we would have lost anyway, but fmd the refs were useless. 3 knockons = a try these days apparently. Not to mention the forward passes, bs penalties etc

JT_

Juniors
Yep, it was only a matter of time before inept refereeing would bite us in the backside. We've been good all year with decisions so to have calls against us tonight is probably evening it up.

I though the game was very much in the balance at 10-12, before the s*** hit the fan but credit to Cowboys for putting in a good all-round performance (albeit with the aid of refs!)