What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Reasons why Frenzy thinks Felix’s a Shit Footballer

Frenzy.

Immortal
To clarify

Shit fullback. Passable winger. Fully fledged moggy

1. He can’t pass
2. He can’t kick in general play
3. He doesn’t back up in the middle
4. He doesn’t put his body on the line
5. He has no vision, especially in defence
6. He is terrible under bombs
7. His positional play defensively is poor
8. He has no creativity
9. He is uni dimensional
10. He does not run any fullback lines
11. He dislikes contact in defence. Will not face up.
12. He needs others to create everything for him
13. He has no aggression in him
14. He takes easy options
15. He has no confidence

MilkShark

First Grade
16. Lack of urgency
17. Lack of situational awareness in attack also. He should be following all of our forwards around because we have great offloaders. I think the forwards stopped offloading when barba went because they knew no one would be there to support them. And if (that’s a bit of) we made a break I can quite confindently say Holmes would not be there for the draw and pass on the fullback.

Frenzy.

Immortal
16. Lack of urgency
17. Lack of situational awareness in attack also. He should be following all of our forwards around because we have great offloaders. I think the forwards stopped offloading when barba went because they knew no one would be there to support them. And if (that’s a bit of) we made a break I can quite confindently say Holmes would not be there for the draw and pass on the fullback.

Oi!!!

They were for my 15-30 list!!

Haha

MilkShark

First Grade
Apart from the try assist he’s done nothing. You wouldn’t know he’s on the field if it weren’t for for that try.

Wasn’t there to stop the eels try when he should have been.

Didn’t attack the bomb and let it bounce. Didn’t even gather up the bomb and then didn’t even have a single run in that set of 6.

I suggest you watch a bit closer.

Apart from the try assist he’s done nothing. You wouldn’t know he’s on the field if it weren’t for for that try.

Didn’t attack the bomb and let it bounce. Didn’t even gather up the bomb and then didn’t even have a single run in that set of 6.

100% I actually said through the game ive never seen a game where the fullback has not laid a hand on the try scorer for all of the trys. Incredible really.

Wozza

Juniors
100% I actually said through the game ive never seen a game where the fullback has not laid a hand on the try scorer for all of the trys. Incredible really.
Holmes defence was ordinary no doubt but it was Holmes wrapped around Moses for the last try, so 3 out of 4 if you want to split hairs

Frenzy.

Immortal

In the interest of accuracy and not to detract from your thoughts this is. Not 100% correct. However, what I am going to point out is still indicative of Holmes poor defence.

One of my issues with him is that he won’t face up in defence. He likes to amble behind and get the attacker sideways. He doesn’t want to put on a hard hit and stick.

Not in order

Case 1. The Gower try. Dillon hit and hit hard inside. He stuck to Gower right through to grounding. Holmes on the outside hit, bounced off like a tennis ball and didnt re engage allowing Gower to twist that way and score. If Felix sticks he is half a chance of getting under the ball like a good defnsive fullback.

Case 2. Jennings try. Felix problem here was this habit of ambling along too far from where the play is. He backed his speed to get to Jennings but put on such a flaccid hit that Jennings barely lost momentum. Dugan would have put Jennings onto Beer Hill.

Case 3. French try. Eels went middle, middle, right to set up a left raid. Felix positioning himself behind the ruck on the first three plays in the sequence. This was fine. He didn’t read the play even though the left was wide open and clearly what had been set up for. He stayed behind the ruck. He was at least 5-6 defenders in and dawdling when they spun the ball. By the time it got to Jennings and Chad had tried to cover Holmes was still not even in the vicinity.

Case 4. Moses. As Wozza said but again a soft hit.

Case 5. Milksharks bomb. There was no possible reason in the world not to come forward and contest. There were no Eels there. He was 2 meters away. He could probably have attacked the ball, jumped, caught it, pirouetted, performed a dipsy doodle and still had room to run up field. Lame effort

Case 6. The grubber about 70 minutes in. Again, no Eels chasers. Felix a metre or two from the ball which was in the FOP. Felix was coming forward. What does he do? Leave it to Loots to have to turn, chase and fall on. They would have scored if there was only a single chaser.

Lots of people like to defend him by saying he “might” be injured. Well, if he is it must be a sternum, or rib cartliage, or shoulder or pec....something that makes you contact shy. If it is, then DON’T PLAY.

I think it would most likely be a heartstring tear.

Meow

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade
Good post Frenzy. And the merkins on the other forums reckon if he keeps playing like that Dugan might not get fullback position back.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Good post Frenzy. And the merkins on the other forums reckon if he keeps playing like that Dugan might not get fullback position back.

That facebook embarressment? The Twits tweeting on that Twitter embarassment? That sharksforever fairy floss and teddy bear forum?

Hahahaha

Card Shark

Immortal
I’ll tell ya who hits hard & that’s Ramien.

French was odds on to score in the corner & in hindsight after the way we tired at the end, we may have lost if he had.

He came across & smashed him into touch. The commentators were wanking on about the acrobatic try...until they realised it wasn’t. Never said anything about what stopped him from scoring.