What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Rivalry R19 | Fri | Rabbitohs 13-16 Dragons | ANZ

Result: Rabbitohs v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thommo4pm

Coach
No Weyman and Hunt makes the forwards job a bit easier but they still can't take the Dragons lightly. Sandow, Sutton and Champion need to play like they did when we played them in Round 25 last year..

Agree with that assessment.
Without Weyman, Hunt & Smith our pack looks a bit light on compared to Souths pack.
It's a matter of how you guys pick yourselves back up though from the loss last week.
Saints will be ready to go, Bennett gave the entire squad 7 days off. The Origin players returned today (so they had 6 days break).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
South Sydney Rabbitohs v St George Illawarra Dragons
Friday 16 July 2010, 7:35pm AEST - ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Referees: Shayne Hayne and Chris James; Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Gavin Morris; Video Referee: Tim Mander

Rabbitohs
:
1. Rhys Wesser 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa 6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow 8. Luke Stuart 9. Beau Falloon 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Ben Lowe
Interchange: 14. Garrett Crossman 15. Eddy Pettybourne 16. Michael Crocker 17. Jason Clark
Dragons
:
1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Kyle Stanley 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Matt Prior 9. Luke Priddis 10. Trent Merrin 11. Neville Costigan 12. Ben Creagh 13. Dean Young
Interchange: 14. Jon Green 15. Ricky Thorby 16. Nick Emmett 17. Jarrod Saffy; Reserves: 19. Mark Gasnier

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=19570

Bodsy

Juniors
It's my birthday on Friday so I'm hoping souths can get up for me!

It's tough to call, I'm not confident about winning but hopefully we can hold on for a win!

ozbash

Referee
Shayne Hayne and Chris James

dont worry about the teams, its all about these 2 f/wits

couldnt ref a lolly scramble..

grandorient

Bench
Will be a close one, no doubt.

Hard fought in the forwards and Saints backs to prove the difference.

Saints by a few.

GO

Jason Maher

Immortal
Miraculous recovery from Brett Morris. Something tells me he'll drop off, Stanley will move to the wing, and Gasnier will start in the centres.

Eaglestar

Juniors
far as i know nightingale and morris are playing. Dragons have few injuries but loss of Issac Luke is huge for bunnies. Dragons will beat them in the backs so Dragons by 7

Deacon

First Grade
Confirmed News on the Dragons Website, Brett Morris is a certain starter, Kyle Stanley is out(Rested) by Bennett

Eaglestar

Juniors
wow resting Kyle Stanley must be so Gasnier gets a run.. Kyle Stanley is such a good player some other club should snap him up big time. He deserves a full time spot in a team

Fingerbang

Bench
hahaha.....the Master coach says his star teen needs a rest, so gives him a break, and someone starts calling for other clubs to snap him up. Also, the kid is under contract still :roll:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
wow resting Kyle Stanley must be so Gasnier gets a run.. Kyle Stanley is such a good player some other club should snap him up big time. He deserves a full time spot in a team

Kyle Stanley has only just turned 19 and it's his first year in the top grade. He's had injury problems in the past and the extra workload in the NRL runs the risk of copping another injury or burnout. We have the depth there, it's a smart move resting him so he'll be fresh for the finals.

There is no denying his talent though, he'll end up replacing Cooper at some point next year. Until then he'll be a bench utility player.

There is no point rushing in a player at his age, we have the support base for him, easing him into first grade ensures he maintains confidence and fitness.

Last edited:

petetheileet

First Grade
We have put so much time, effort and money into Kyle Stanley,

It wont surprize me if he ends up being a dragon for life...

Wayne knows whats best for him and i think its great that we are able to give him a rest

Eaglestar

Juniors
Kyle Stanley has only just turned 19 and it's his first year in the top grade. He's had injury problems in the past and the extra workload in the NRL runs the risk of copping another injury or burnout. We have the depth there, it's a smart move resting him so he'll be fresh for the finals.

There is no denying his talent though, he'll end up replacing Cooper at some point next year. Until then he'll be a bench utility player.

There is no point rushing in a player at his age, we have the support base for him, easing him into first grade ensures he maintains confidence and fitness.

yeah fair enough i forgot Cooper getting towards the end, great replacement for him. Very impressive youngster for the future when gets full time spot their.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
yeah fair enough i forgot Cooper getting towards the end, great replacement for him. Very impressive youngster for the future when gets full time spot their.

He is one of the most naturally footballers I've seen in a long time. Perfect tackling technique, great offload, anticipation, footwork and has a passing game and kicking game that we haven't really seen too much in the top grade.

He's already had 2 knee reco's though, so he needs to be managed or his career could end up on top of a rubbish pile. He's probably already seen more first grade than Bennett would have anticipated this year. He'll definitely become a permanent fixture in our roster next year though, whether it be on the bench, in the back line or even potentially the 2nd row if he continues to grow like he has in the last year.