What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Rivalry R19 | Sun | Raiders 52-18 Knights | Canberra

Result: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
Only skeepe could possibly find a way to blame referees for a 34 point victory.

Open your eyes you skid mark. I said they were woeful both ways, and they were. f**k me dead there are some morons on this site.

Raider Azz

Bench
:clap::clap: :clap:

Some of the comments in this thread are disgraceful. Fair dinkum, we could win a grand final and you lot would spend most of the match whinging and whining. f**king numbskulls for fans.

I'm going to focus on the marvelous hat trick by Dugan, one of the best first halves the Raiders have EVER produced, the brutal hits in defense and the fact that we looked dangerous on almost every play.

Sorry to interrupt the emo convention, please continue.

I agree 100%. How you could be upset with a 40 point drubbing is beyond me. And the f**kwits giving it to McCrone because a pass didn't come off! What about the hundred other things he did out there - he was man of the match you imbeciles.

Raider_69

Post Whore
haha the raiders have the best and worst fans all rolled into one. Some shameful comments here by shameful raiders fans i think.
On the game, poorly refereed on both sides but its the norm now isn't it?
Across the round every week we see. Nearly cost a side a game yesterday in the roosters game, thankfully as dreadful as it was, it didn't impact this game. Canberra too big, too strong and too good for what is actually a pretty f**king ordinary knights side. We've not been playing well so it was a tad unexpected but realistically a fair representation of the difference in talent from each side. The knights have a lot of holes to try and fill. Canberra just need to add an experience half to this team and we're a legit contender
That being said, joshy was rightly named man of the match. So its all gravy this week for us.

haha the raiders have the best and worst fans all rolled into one. Some shameful comments here by shameful raiders fans i think.
On the game, poorly refereed on both sides but its the norm now isn't it?
Across the round every week we see. Nearly cost a side a game yesterday in the roosters game, thankfully as dreadful as it was, it didn't impact this game. Canberra too big, too strong and too good for what is actually a pretty f**king ordinary knights side. We've not been playing well so it was a tad unexpected but realistically a fair representation of the difference in talent from each side. The knights have a lot of holes to try and fill. Canberra just need to add an experience half to this team and we're a legit contender
That being said, joshy was rightly named man of the match. So its all gravy this week for us.

This sums up both the game and the two teams perfectly. I'd argue that our backs are better but it means nothing when the Raiders forwards are completely dominant.

Raider_69

Post Whore
TBH, if i were to take a combined team out of the two

Id force Adam Mogg into retirement, move Vidot into the centres and put Uate on our wing. And he's the only knights player id take
My thoughts and feelings on newcastle are well established and i'll freely admit to hating everything about the team, its fans and its town but none of that plays any role when i say i think that knights team is absolutely woeful.

Giddley goes ok at club level though the more i see of it the more im convinced he's a hooker playing fullback poorly, Mullen is the only bloke outside Uate that's worth a pinch of sh*te and he's not been the same since he got dumped from Origin. Uate though... wow, he's come on slower than many expected and i had doubts if he'd ever be as good as advertised but he's a gun.

perverse

Referee
TBH, if i were to take a combined team out of the two

Id force Adam Mogg into retirement, move Vidot into the centres and put Uate on our wing. And he's the only knights player id take
My thoughts and feelings on newcastle are well established and i'll freely admit to hating everything about the team, its fans and its town but none of that plays any role when i say i think that knights team is absolutely woeful.

Giddley goes ok at club level though the more i see of it the more im convinced he's a hooker playing fullback poorly, Mullen is the only bloke outside Uate that's worth a pinch of sh*te and he's not been the same since he got dumped from Origin. Uate though... wow, he's come on slower than many expected and i had doubts if he'd ever be as good as advertised but he's a gun.
1. Dugan
2. Uate
3. Vidot
4. Whichever Centre is considered the best at Canberra
5. Monas
6. Campese
7. Mullen
8. Shillo
9. De Gois on '09 form (has played most of this year injured and struggling post knee-op)/Waddell on '10 form
10. TLL
11. Taia
12. Harrison
13. Fensom

14. Gidley
15. Tilse
16. Thurling
17. Another Canberra prop or possibly Thurling

would be a combined side. 3 or debatably (on De Gois) 4 would make the Canberra team in some capacity. you can't not rate Taia. he is simply awesome... and won't leave the NZ team for years if he stays fit.

Noname36

First Grade
1. Dugan
2. Uate
3. Vidot
4. Whichever Centre is considered the best at Canberra
5. Monas
6. Campese
7. Mullen
8. Shillo
9. De Gois on '09 form (has played most of this year injured and struggling post knee-op)/Waddell on '10 form
10. TLL
11. Taia
12. Harrison
13. Fensom

14. Gidley
15. Tilse
16. Thurling
17. Another Canberra prop or possibly Thurling

would be a combined side. 3 or debatably (on De Gois) 4 would make the Canberra team in some capacity. you can't not rate Taia. he is simply awesome... and won't leave the NZ team for years if he stays fit.

Good side. As crazy as it sounds though, on his day, I'd still take Doogs over any centre from the Knights or Raiders. However for longevity I'd go for someone like Vidot, because as damaging as Doogs is on his day, he's way too old and injury prone to take the field as much as we need him to.

I think Monas and McManus are pretty evenly matched (although on yesterday I'd give it to Monas). Both are very good club players, but are nowhere near good enough for origin.

One thing I did notice during the game was how bad McCrone is. I thought the Raider's fans were just exaggerating about his ineptness...clearly I was wrong. I mean what sort of half get's tacked on the 5th, 50 metres out from your own line against a side that was down by 40 at half time? That's just terrible.

I really couldn't see any of our forwards making it into Canberra's pack apart from maybe Taia at the moment. De Gois would be the only one who you'd think would walk in if he gets over his injury.

Raider_69

Post Whore
taia is ok but wouldn't make the raiders top 17. Not in the back row when we've got harrison, tll, fensom, joel thompson, tongue, thurling and even people like picker and miller do the job. Taia is ok but not good enough imo. I'll give you uate, giddley from the bench and Mullen at half. The rest i wouldn't touch.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Joel Thompson is a game breaker. Couldn't leave him out of a combined side. Possibly the Raiders form player along Duges and Shillo

perverse

Referee
Taia is certainly much better than OK, he was arguably NZ's best in the May Test, coming back from shoulder surgery and playing on one leg for most of the match (tore his MCL early in the match). he oozes class in everything he does and gets through a tonne of work. he did not look out of place in the slightest taking on the Australian forward pack... yet you would leave him out for blokes like Tongue, Thurling, Picker (who i do rate) and Miller... who are good first grade players. they already have less decorated careers than Zeb, and rightfully so, because he is a much better player. some day soon i'm sure that the general league loving population will acknowledge it. it's a shame for his career that he is playing behind a completely busted arse front row. his class would be far more evident with a proper platform laid in front of him.

i think you'll find he is an absolute standout for the Knights, and even was on Sunday. the only bloke that gave a truly decent account of himself in the face of the rest of his pack getting beaten pillar to post. he has had to recover from 2 pretty awkward injuries this year... but has done it with aplomb. class always rises to the top, and over the past 3 years Zeb has continued to rise and rise. he will be among the first picked for NZ at the end of the year.

Fensom, TLL and Harrison all got a spot in my team... but the rest you mentioned arn't anywhere near Taia as players.

chuck Thompson in the left over centre spot in my team. can't disagree with having him in there.

Raider_69

Post Whore
i dont rate Taia that highly mate, its as simple as that. I think our back row is one of the stronger back rows in the comp, and i cant find a place for him in my team. Sorry, JMO.

Standing out in what is a park footy level pack at Newcastle is easy. Granted his work with NZ has been good without being great but i just dont rate him highly enough to punt any forward from our team for him.

perverse

Referee
i dont rate Taia that highly mate, its as simple as that. I think our back row is one of the stronger back rows in the comp, and i cant find a place for him in my team. Sorry, JMO.

Standing out in what is a park footy level pack at Newcastle is easy. Granted his work with NZ has been good without being great but i just dont rate him highly enough to punt any forward from our team for him.
fair enough. i believe your opinion will change sooner rather than later, though. possibly as soon as the 4 Nations. i wouldn't say he's a special player... but he is 100% class - international quality, and has been slipping under the radar for quite some time now.

happy to just disagree and leave it at that for now, but there will come a time when his class will be completely undeniable. it may not be with the knights... but i certainly hope it is.

Latest posts