What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | Rivalry R19 | Sun | Raiders 52-18 Knights | Canberra

Result: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Canberra beat Gold Coast and Parra (yet to play Sharks) this year too, so what's your f**kin' point?
his point was that Mullens form is increasing. it had nothing to do with our team performances against the teams you've mentioned. he was also correct, with skeepe as usual missing the mark because of his blind hatred for the knights (that or he's just lagging behind the rest of the comp by 3 or 4 weeks... and it wouldn't surprise me if he's had his head in the sand that long given Canberras dreadful form in that period.

i also find it hilarious that this is the Rivalry round match for the 2 teams. NRL administration obviously do read the forums :lol:.

i very much look forward to this match thread come gametime... in spite of a likely hammering the knights will cop. we just can't seem to play well in canberra... never have. if we're fair dinkum we will turn up... but if not, this could get ugly.

Raider_69

Post Whore
This the game we should win but will probably find a way to lose
that knights team is dreadful. Mullen and Uate, the rest are complete write offs really. And even Mullen has only been good in the past fortnight really

We'll probably find a way to lose, we always do against the sides we should be comfortably as is the case here

Noname36

First Grade
It's unfortunate that this is going to be played in Canberra, as Newcastle seem incapable of playing well down there let alone winning.

Because honestly, form leading up to the game; Newcastle ---------------------------> Canberra

...and the Knights aren't even going that well...

mozza91

Coach
This the game we should win but will probably find a way to lose
that knights team is dreadful. Mullen and Uate, the rest are complete write offs really. And even Mullen has only been good in the past fortnight really

We'll probably find a way to lose, we always do against the sides we should be comfortably as is the case here
Yeah the form fullback nay player of the comp is dreadful :sarcasm:

perverse

Referee
he's baiting you, mozza... and also setting up his excuses if they lose (i know, because i've already set mine up ;-))... all in the one post, no less!

Raiders fans love going on about how they're 1 halfback away from a premiership (slight hyperbole)... yet their $500k a year whiz Campese has only managed to bag them 1 less win than Mullen has managed to guide the Knights to this year thus far... and Mullen's been in dreadful form up until recently... and is on just over half of what Campese gets paid... and has a far, FAR less dominant forward pack in front of him... and Campo has the most talented young backline in the comp outside of him...

it's all David Furners' fault, though. just ask them. Furners' or McCrones', anyway. or possibly the referees. yep. it's the referees for sure.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
Have you seen him over the past 3-4 weeks? he has been in great form. However long that lasts is yet to be seen
Hardly the form player or fullback of the competition. Slater and Boyd, maybe Coote as well a long way in front.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Hardly the form player or fullback of the competition. Slater and Boyd, maybe Coote as well a long way in front.
Pretty sure the wording was "in great form over the last 3-4 weeks", never did it say "the form player/fullback of the competition." And he has been in great form over the last month.

No idea :lol:.

mozza91

Coach
To be fair I meant the last month or so that's why I didn't say best fullback or player this year. It's a fair arguemt name a player and or fullback who has played better then Gidley over the last month?

RHCP

Bench
Jobdog said:
Windale ----------> Fyshwick
:lol:

Knights by 16

So I wonder how many sets on our line it will take before the mighty Terry Campese can even come close to setting up a try? Five? Six?

mozza91 said:
To be fair I meant the last month or so that's why I didn't say best fullback or player this year. It's a fair arguemt name a player and or fullback who has played better then Gidley over the last month?
Expect Raiders fans to converge on this post rather soon.

perverse

Referee
the only time Windale should be on that side of any arrow is if said arrow drops live nuclear weaponry out its bum. thank f**k we can rightfully claim it's actually part of Lake Macquarie, and leave it at that.

we only claim the nice parts of the Lake, like Warners Bay, Belmont, Caves Beach... etc...

Noname36

First Grade
Apparently Mullen is in huge doubt due to a hip injury. This could get ugly if Dureau is given a run.

perverse

Referee
we won't be a chance in hell of winning this if Dureau gets a run.

if we go 1. Naiqama 6. Rogers 7. Gidley we might still give it a shake. depends on how Gidley goes with the boot.