What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | SF2 - W3 v L1 | Sat | Roosters 34-12 Panthers | SFS (PEN elim)

Semi Final Result: Roosters v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-fw2sydpen-1.jpg

2010teams-syd-her-1.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello 2. Phil Graham 3. Kane Linnett 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Sam Perrett 6. Todd Carney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jason Ryles 9. Jake Friend 10. Frank Paul Nuuausala 11. Braith Anasta (c) 12. Mitchell Aubusson 13. Nate Myles

Interchange: 14. Martin Kennedy 15. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 16. Daniel Conn 17. Joseph Leilua
Reserves: 18. James Aubusson 19. Lopini Paea 20. Mose Masoe

2010teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Michael Gordon 2. Sandor Earl 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Adrian Purtell 6. Travis Burns 7. Luke Walsh
8. Sam McKendry 9. Kevin Kingston 10. Petero Civoniceva 11. Nathan Smith 12. Gavin Cooper 13. Luke Lewis

Interchange: 15. Matthew Bell 16. Tim Grant 17. Frank Puletua 20. Wade Graham
Reserves: 18. Masada Iosefa 14. Daine Laurie

2010ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: David Abood and Russell Turner
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Finals Series - Week Two
Bulldogs (W3) v Roosters (L1) @ SFS, Sat 5:15pm
Panthers did not qualify

NSW Cup Finals Series - Week Two
Newtown (SYD) v Windsor (PEN) @ Leichhardt, Sun 3:00pm

Coca-Cola Cup
Teams TBA @ SFS, Sat 4:15pm

ARL Schoolboys Cup

Chifley College v Eaglevale High @ SFS, Sat 2:50pm

nrl2010-fw2sydpen.jpg

Last edited:

dragondad

First Grade
Waterhouse is a huge loss,I think Roosters by 8.

Is it just me or will those jerseys clash a little?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
That's the trouble with Penrith, their black jersey will be deemed a clash with the navy. Although the teal is lighter than in my graphic and there's lots more white.

EDIT: another way around it may be for the Roosters to wear white but I doubt they'll want to do that given it's their home region final.

Last edited:

Sleep

Juniors
The Panthers need Grant and Coote playing this game. If either of those guys are out or both they're in serious trouble.

No Waterhouse and Pritchard has played his four games for the year so our backrow is in real strife.

dragondad

First Grade
That's the trouble with Penrith, their black jersey will be deemed a clash with the navy. Although the teal is lighter than in my graphic and there's lots more white.

EDIT: another way around it may be for the Roosters to wear white but I doubt they'll want to do that given it's their home region final.

Yesterday in TC, Warriors (2nd) wore the white against the maroon of Manly (7).

Roosters%20Home%20Shirt%202010.jpg
lw1vo.jpg

I guess it actually isn't that bad afterall.

mxlegend99

Referee
If we get Petero and Coote back and are only down Pritchard and Waterhouse, we're in with a chance. If Lewis and Grant are also out and we don't get Coote back, I think we could be in for a flogging.

Hoping to see:

1. Lachlan Coote
2. Sandor Earl
3. Michael Jennings
4. Michael Gordon
5. Brad Tighe
6. Travis Burns
7. Wade Graham
8. Tim Grant
9. Kevin Kingston
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nathan Smith
12. Gavin Cooper
13. Luke Lewis

14. Masada Iosefa
15. Sam McKendry
16. Matt Bell
17. Frank Puletua

I'd avoid bringing in Plum, Laurie etc. who have spent more time on the sidelines then playing this season. Wrong time of the year for risks like that.

JT_

Juniors
Hope to see Masoe back for this one. We'll need his impact which will be vital in gaining the advantage physically.

Roosters by 10

pantherz9103

First Grade
People shouldn't write off the Panthers because we always lift against the Roosters, and the Roosters weren't that good either last week for much of their game and they could be tired from playing an extra 20 minutes.

If Waterhouse, Pritchard and Grant are missing it makes it very tough but the Roosters pack doesn't strike fear into too many people, its more the quality of their backline. If we defend the way we did v Canberra, we have little chance of winning, but its the Roosters and I expect a better effort than last week atleast, don't know if it will be good enough to win though. I'll wait for the teams.

Hope to see Masoe back for this one. We'll need his impact which will be vital in gaining the advantage physically.

Roosters by 10

Who do you drop for Mose though? The only candidate is Kennedy who may be fatigued this week but other than that we should be 1-17 from last week. I'd expect the same 90/10 crowd turn out in favour of the Roosters like what usually happens when Penriff come to the SFS and back over on the Western grandstand, feels like home again.

adamkungl

Immortal
Who do you drop for Mose though? The only candidate is Kennedy who may be fatigued this week but other than that we should be 1-17 from last week. I'd expect the same 90/10 crowd turn out in favour of the Roosters like what usually happens when Penriff come to the SFS and back over on the Western grandstand, feels like home again.

Conn had a hammy injury didn't he? Didn't play much.

JT_

Juniors
Not really sure, maybe Conn because Kennedy played very well on Sat night. They've been rotated all season but they both need to play this weekend imo.

Ryles
Aubusson
Myles
FPN
MAubs
Anasta

Kennedy
Masoe
JWH
Friend

There also could be a chance JWH sits out as he might have concussion so in that case Conn in and JWH out.

dragondad

First Grade
I'll be there as a neutral and an SFS/SCG member.Love the SFS for finals footy,just wish that the Raiders/Tigers match was there too.

franklin2323

Immortal
Well no Pritchard to go with Waterhouse's injury. I think you can't go past the Rooster's now. Lewis and Petero would need to have the best game in the history of NRL to be a chance

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I think people are underestimating the extra 20 mins the Roosters had to play and the toll that may take physically.

Not to mention the fact that i think the roosters may struggle to get up for this one after a huge high on saturday night.

Im saying Panthers by 10 despite the players out.

I think people are overestimating it. We had a draw against the Warriors in 07 on a sunday afternoon then went out and dominated the Tigpies on Friday who were only kept in the game due to penalty goals and took THAT to extra time and won. They will be fine.

Conn had a hammy injury didn't he? Didn't play much.

No idea. Sitting on the Eastern side I didn't keep up with interchanges and such I wasn't aware of an injury to him but I hope he hasn't he does all the nitty gritty work.