What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

100 for Nightingale

ALSGI

Bench
he should retire at the conclusion of 2017...
Yep agree mate, but we'll get shot to pieces on here.
His three triples this year have mostly been catch and plant, and all very short range but he is a club legend so not allowed to say shit like that on here.
I'll give him the second try last week was pure Nighty smarts when he got in front of his opposite to chase the kick down with brains - not speed. He's also set a few up with sheer Nighty brains.
Legend, hope he has a great 2017.

Bench
His form this year should keep all the people who called for his dropping quite now.
I think he will add a few more trys this year.

denis preston

First Grade
Jason Nightingale and Johnny King , different era's , but both champions .View attachment 14102View attachment 14103
Yes, both great club man but King was the greatest winger we had until Morris pipped him and Florence is nowhere near them. Great guy, been a great performer and REALLY great that he got his 100 tries as he fully deserves them but this has got to be his last year as i hear the great words of super coach Bennett " rather one year early than one year late " Still think that 50% of his hit ups stifle our attack.

The Dragons won't sign any outside backs well it looks that way and the youngsters outside the top grade Garrick and Thompson (If he is kept) would be next in line.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes, both great club man but King was the greatest winger we had until Morris pipped him and Florence is nowhere near them. Great guy, been a great performer and REALLY great that he got his 100 tries as he fully deserves them but this has got to be his last year as i hear the great words of super coach Bennett " rather one year early than one year late " Still think that 50% of his hit ups stifle our attack.

Dennis Preston , Undoubtedly King was indeed the best winger that the club ever had , but imo he was also better than Morris . Morris did possess that blinding speed , whereas King was not as quick but very robust . His combination with Raper and Smith at the scrum-base was magical and produced many tries for the Dragons .

However when comparing players from different eras , it will always raise more questions then answers . I believe that the best compliment that I can give , is that the Dragons have been blessed with many wonderful wingers over the years .

denis preston

First Grade
Dennis Preston , Undoubtedly King was indeed the best winger that the club ever had , but imo he was also better than Morris . Morris did possess that blinding speed , whereas King was not as quick but very robust . His combination with Raper and Smith at the scrum-base was magical and produced many tries for the Dragons .

However when comparing players from different eras , it will always raise more questions then answers . I believe that the best compliment that I can give , is that the Dragons have been blessed with many wonderful wingers over the years .
Yes indeed. Lumsden , Blacklock,Tom Ryan ( look that one up ! ) as well.

getsmarty

Immortal
Selfless Nightingale a true clubman

Mitch Jennings@@Mitch_Jenno

29 Jun 2017, 10 a.m.
r0_0_3000_1933_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

CLUBMAN: Jason Nightingale celebrates his 100th NRL try against Newcastle on Sunday. Picture: Getty Images

HOW good it was to see Jason Nightingale bring up his 100th try against Newcastle on the weekend.

It was proof the man they call Gypsy remains one of the classiest finishers in the business. What isn’t as easily revealed is that he is also one of the classiest blokes off the the paddock.

The true ‘clubman’ is a dying breed in the modern game but Nightingale epitomizes the term. He’s turned down several more lucrative offers to stay with the Dragons over the years.

When his last contract was up the Warriors put a hefty deal on the table but again he chose to stay with the Dragons.

He’s off-contract this year and his next contract will likely be his last. It might prompt some players to go on the open market for one last financial top-up but he wasn’t interested.

More than that, with the likes of Gareth Widdop, Josh Dugan, Russell Packer and Tim Lafai off-contract earlier this season, he was willing to wait at the back of the line.

“I’d love to stay and I will stay, I’m not going to go and test myself on the market,” Nightingale told Kick-off earlier this season.

“They’ve given me the impression that they want to keep me and that’s as far as our conversation really needs to go.

“I’m sure we’ll talk again once they sort out everything with other players that may want to test the market or reach their value potential.

“That was probably a contract for me four years ago but this one’s about playing here.”

Let’s hope that new deal is sorted out sooner rather than later.

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4760246/kick-off-gypsy-the-ultimate-clubman/?cs=3713

P.S If you had more people like Nighty, you would be going great.

Latest posts