What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Finals Wk 2 | Sat | Broncos 13-12* Dragons | Suncorp

FW2: BRI v STI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats Brisbane.

They had an awesome game tonight and with such a young squad they are only going to get better. They threw everything at the Dragons tonight and came up with a thrilling win. The only player I could fault is Hodges with his "macho" hit on Morris.

Saints, to give themselves a shot aftering absorbing so much pressure is something to be proud of. Although it didn't get us over the line this time, it's what earned us a premiership and two minor premierships. The "Bennett Era" is something that will be fondly remembered and which ironically started and finished the same way.

Great game of footy. :thumn

Pigskin

Juniors
Pretty poor turnout by the Dragons fans tonight ... its their fault that the stadium wasn't full ... besides one section, where the frig were they ?

Used to them being out in force for regular club games ... but not tonight

If Lockyer is gone, so are we - and can't help but feel we are cherry ripe for Manly to pick us off

Haven't watched the game on TV yet, but was pretty tense being there

Imagine how dangerous the Dragons could be if they attacked like they were running out of time with their season on the line all the time ... but alas, they are super dull to watch most of the time

good game, good result, fearing we are fodder next week, toodles Gaz - you always had nothing

Oink !

AuDragon

Juniors
Just home from the game, and still buzzing. I'm so freaking wired from that epic performance by both teams, and have no voice left.

Honour to the Dragons, who went down swinging in the best game they've played since Origin. They gave me a mighty scare and went down as champions.

We should've put the game away in that first half, but credit to the Dragons goal line defense, that made us opt for a goal kick at the dying moments of the first half. I would have kept going...

Better second half from the Dragons, and a finish worth of the God Locky is!

Can't believe Hornby wasn't sin binned after at least 6 professional fouls on the ball chaser. Other than that, the refs made a mistake here and there imo, but nothing too shocking.

Credit to most Dragons supporters here for their team performance and fair play here.

Hook just said that Lockyer will be playing next week, and I'd like to dedicate that and his GP field goal to all the butthurt fans from other teams, especially Loudtard!

to_ddeath

Coach
Pretty poor turnout by the Dragons fans tonight ... its their fault that the stadium wasn't full ... besides one section, where the frig were they ?

Used to them being out in force for regular club games ... but not tonight

If Lockyer is gone, so are we - and can't help but feel we are cherry ripe for Manly to pick us off

Haven't watched the game on TV yet, but was pretty tense being there

Imagine how dangerous the Dragons could be if they attacked like they were running out of time with their season on the line all the time ... but alas, they are super dull to watch most of the time

good game, good result, fearing we are fodder next week, toodles Gaz - you always had nothing

Oink !

Eat a dick. Ungracious little germ. Would expect some intelligence in all those words...but alas, the post was super dull & uninteresting. Toodles Pigskin, you're an a-grade merkin.

Oink Oink & GFY !! :)

T.

to_ddeath

Coach
f**k that was gutsy from Brett Morris.

Agreed. Should have really gone off the field earlier but hung in there. Hope we see him return during 2012, that was a bad injury to cop. Hope karma strikes Hodges bigtime for that low act as well....

T.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Eat a dick. Ungracious little germ. Would expect some intelligence in all those words...but alas, the post was super dull & uninteresting. Toodles Pigskin, you're an a-grade merkin.

Oink Oink & GFY !! :)

T.

:lol: It was very predictable wasn't it. Typical arrogant, blind post with no mention of the opposition

Used to them being out in force for regular club games ... but not tonight!

Their supporters are the biggest myth and the biggest bandwagon in the NRL.

In the past they've claimed to make up half of the crowd at Suncorp games.... lol.

LatK7

First Grade
Their supporters are the biggest myth and the biggest bandwagon in the NRL.

In the past they've claimed to make up half of the crowd at Suncorp games.... lol.

Based on their membership numbers, home and away crowds, 'myth' is a poor way of describing St George's support/supporters. But look who I'm talking to...

Pigskin

Juniors
the part about the Dragons fans not turning up, was not a gee-up, not me stirring ... some other parts may have been ;-)

I've been to club games where its been bordering on embarrassing being outdone in the noise department ... Dragons fans would maybe have 30% of the crowd and make a shitload more noise ... certainly one of the better drawing away teams that visits suncorp most years

but not to this semi final it seems... with the exception of the crew in the absolute north under the big screen, Dragons fans were nowhere to be seen ... just didn't make sense compared to normal

Oink !

ps - oh yeah, mr death, hit a nerve did we ? well boo f**king hoo

pps - Hutty, i expect more from you however - how can you possibly be upset given the circumstances of the loss

Hutty1986

Immortal
the part about the Dragons fans not turning up, was not a gee-up, not me stirring ... some other parts may have been ;-)

I've been to club games where its been bordering on embarrassing being outdone in the noise department ... Dragons fans would maybe have 30% of the crowd and make a shitload more noise ... certainly one of the better drawing away teams that visits suncorp most years

but not to this semi final it seems... with the exception of the crew in the absolute north under the big screen, Dragons fans were nowhere to be seen ... just didn't make sense compared to normal

Oink !

ps - oh yeah, mr death, hit a nerve did we ? well boo f**king hoo

pps - Hutty, i expect more from you however - how can you possibly be upset given the circumstances of the loss

I wasn't upset about the loss at all, I was pretty bloody proud of the way my boys played in massive adversity. Was the best game I've seen in years tbh