What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Heritage Round | Mon | Broncos 17-6 Knights | Suncorp

R5: BRI v NWC

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boofhead

Juniors
That no-try where Nick Kenny came over the top late... you could see the ball on the chalk in one of the frames. Terrible decision.

benntash

Juniors
Sort of feel sorry for the knights, a couple calls there way and they'd be leaving with the two points.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Another terrible game of NRL involving the Broncos. The Broncos win again though. Everyone wants to play like the Dragons. Yawn!

BunniesMan

Immortal
The Broncos, disciplined in defense, average in attack. Dragons 2.0. Gee I can't wait till all 16 teams play like this. 10-6 scorelines are fun.

Big Pete

Referee
Vice versa.

Dragons play like the Broncos.

Newcastle just never got going, Mullen seems to have nightmares at Suncorp, not a lot of good memories up here for him. Paterson was good for them, and good on him for standing by Dodds when he was struggling. Kidley was also strong, a little unlucky not to get anymore recognition.

Hodges was great, Reed and Yow Yeh had their moments and Hannat and Thaiday were strong. Thought Wallace had his best game in awhile, still not great but definitely above average. Lockyer, rocks and diamonds. I thought he schooled Macca at dummy half.

Noname36

First Grade
That was an awful game.

Mullen's and Naiqama's awful games, along with a few helpful calls from the refs got Brisbane home.

Both sides were ordinary though in the conditions.

thommo4pm

Coach
You are better than most of the teams though. The general standard of the comp is really ordinary this year :?

Some teams are ordinary, including yours.

Melbourne, Brisbane & Saints along with others like the Tigers, Cowboys & Manly at this stage are above all else.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Some teams are ordinary, including yours.

Melbourne, Brisbane & Saints along with others like the Tigers, Cowboys & Manly at this stage are above all else.

I already know that. It's called the 'Pain of supporting a team coached by Matthew Elliott'.

Saints are a quality side obviously but I still hate watching them. I was away yesterday, normally I record the matches when I'm out but I did not bother to record their match v Bulldogs. The Broncos are the same entertainment wise. It's like it's 1985 except not as tough.

I watched Melbourne though and I enjoyed the set plays and the skill level. Also the Tigers are always refreshing. The irony is people use to say 'Melboring' a few years back now they are actually getting compliments about their style.

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
That no-try where Nick Kenny came over the top late... you could see the ball on the chalk in one of the frames. Terrible decision.

Whaaaaat? I am a Knights' fan and thought the call was fine - I never, ever saw the ball touch the ground and we knew from the first angle that when it went out of view on the behind angle, it only went upwards.

Poor game from us, if the Broncos weren't off their game I think it could have been a lot uglier for us.

user_nat

Coach
Whaaaaat? I am a Knights' fan and thought the call was fine - I never, ever saw the ball touch the ground and we knew from the first angle that when it went out of view on the behind angle, it only went upwards.

Poor game from us, if the Broncos weren't off their game I think it could have been a lot uglier for us.

I'm obviously biased, but I agree. Can't believe how long the video ref spent looking at the various no tries tonight.

lockyno1

Post Whore
It is all about winning in April, who cares how you look whilst you are playing! Seriously, yes it is boring, but we will improve. Lets not forget Hodges is still a month away from being at his best (he showed signs tonight), we are missing our fullback who is one of our better broken play runners. We get them back and our attack will improve.

Put it this way..we can be boring and be 3 from 4...or be entertaining like Souths...what is their record again?

timka4

Bench
The good thing about Melbourne is that they are exciting and take risks (there quality of attack bar Cowboys game has been amazing).
But when they stuff it up they can defend their line and get the ball back. Other teams just crack and they leak points

renouf

Juniors
This whole business about Brisbane's attack has a whole lot to do with Lockyer taking a back seat. When he does get involved some of his passing is a bit off, that said he's still the difference. I can see why hes decided to retire.

Latest posts