What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Heritage Round | Sat | Sharks 13-19 Sea Eagles | Toyota

R5: CRO v MAN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billythekid

First Grade
What the F*ck were the sharks players doing at the end there? Why did they let the ball bounce?

The game was already over all they had to do was smash the ball into the stands.

Gallen and Topous brain explosions weren't much better.

The sharks deserved that game and i hope they can recover from what was an embarrasing capitulation.

MacDougall

First Grade
I'm getting really sick of the team trailing getting refereed back into the game. It happens in every game. If a team falls behind, the refs stop giving the winning team penalties and penalises the trailing team for everything they can without looking suss.

Despite that, Manly sucked massively tonight. The Sharks were the better team by a million miles. They thoroughly handled Manly but for unfair refereeing, idiotic plays by Gallen and Tupou and miracles from Cherry-Evans and Oldfield. The stars dead set alligned for Manly tonight. Pretenders and won't make the 8. Sharks on the other hand... Sheesh they will be fired up next week after that one.

Manly, Roosters and Souths... all sh!t.

Ausguy

Coach
I'm getting really sick of the team trailing getting refereed back into the game. It happens in every game. If a team falls behind, the refs stop giving the winning team penalties and penalises the trailing team for everything they can without looking suss.

Despite that, Manly sucked massively tonight. The Sharks were the better team by a million miles. They thoroughly handled Manly but for unfair refereeing, idiotic plays by Gallen and Tupou and miracles from Cherry-Evans and Oldfield. The stars dead set alligned for Manly tonight. Pretenders and won't make the 8. Sharks on the other hand... Sheesh they will be fired up next week after that one.

Manly, Roosters and Souths... all sh!t.

Nope no chance we are a dead team after tonight, we wont come back from this... you guys by 40 next week. Guarantee it.

It reminded me of the 1 penalty Easts were awarded against the Tigers in the second half last week.

MacDougall

First Grade
Nope no chance we are a dead team after tonight, we wont come back from this... you guys by 40 next week. Guarantee it.

For a start ... I am a Tigers supporter and we are not playing the Sharks next week.

Also ... you're wrong. This Sharks team aren't flakey (best pun ever? maybe). Best and Smith are two VERY good buys in formerly weak areas for the Sharks. Douglas and Snowden are a year better. Gallen MOSTLY looks to have let go of his overenthusiastic approach to the game. Gardner is unreal. Williams and Wright are doing a very good job. Pomeroy looks massive and handy. Wade Graham and Albert Kelly are HUGE talents. Everyone else is more than a pass mark.

Whoever has amassed that list has done a very good job in my opinion. Your top tier team has no passengers anymore. A very good side. Don't sweat it dude. Sharks will fire this season.

Ausguy

Coach
sorry mac with a name like that i presumed u were a knights fan...

im still sticking to it, knights by 40

i could kill someone.

infact. i probably will. do they get LU in supermax?

anyway. manly. i wish you no luck or congratulations as i hate your club. but well done on taking advantage of the dumbest pro sports franchise in the history of competitive games.

the sharks. that loss summed up our entire history. we dont just shoot ourselves in the foot, we set ourselves on fire and take an AK to our balls..

the gallen and topou were 2 of the most moronic efforts ive ever seen. Gallens first.
you may be the captain and get heaps of fantasy points but you murder our left edge attack. which is unfortunate because best is a noted try scoring player. get out of the way. maybe you wouldnt be so fatigued at the end of games and make boneheaded lunatic plays. maybe.

you knew where it was going. to the ground and then to manly. it was written. set in stone infact that that ball would be an ill advised gallen moment of madness.

its not the end of the world if you HOLD THE f**kING BALLLLLL! 3 minutes left and putting pressure on. and gallen pulls that out.

thanks. dickhead

Topou

one handed intercept attempt with just on 2 minutes left up by one on the 4th in our own half.
ill never forget that piece of ineptitude.

the game itself. manly scored 2 tries on 2 diabolical pieces of coverage and awareness on the left edge.

the other try was fine. whatever. our own ineptness gave you 8 straight minutes of play.

other things to note

Graham. your kicking sucks and you add little direction. next
Aiton. foward passes from DH. dropped a breadbasket interception. you suck. next
Wright. Best. defending kicks.holy sh*t you guys are atrocious. next.

nomis88

Juniors
Now for something completely different.....I'd like to give credit to Manly for their magnificent comeback. That's right. I am not going off on some weird tangent- discussing referees or Cronulla's ineptness. Manly sure have some great young talent coming through and they never give up. Great stuff!!!

BWNB

First Grade
What a horrible game, i cant believe we let that one slip like we did.
I also cant believe how bad the clowns in pink were, if any team has ever been gifted a game it was manly last night.

Tipster

Bench
Poor form by the Sharks players for not staying on the field after the game for the presentation of the Steve Rogers Cup

Daddycool

Juniors
Well..... the morning after the night before!

First up I'll be honest and admit that Manly were "fortunate" to get away with that game. Some untimely errors by the Sharks players, consecutive penalties, a couple of forward passes all came together and with 75 seconds left Daly Cherry-Evans had an opportunity to kick a field goal on the last tackle to tie it up at 13-13. Then with 5 seconds left Lyon chips ahead, Oldfield gets a good bounce and scores the winning try.

Now for some perspective. The Sharks have a good squad this year and have shown enough in their 5 games to suggest they're in for a good season. Manly have also shown that they'll hang games for the full 80mins unlike last year when they had a habit of fading out.

Last night was another heartbreaker for the Sharks but for Manly.... a thrilling, come from behind, after the siren win. That's just the nature of the game.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
:lol: I love it how Manly get called whingers and told to suck it up when we complain about poor calls against us, yet when good calls go our way it's the most outrageous thing to ever happen in professional sport.