What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Heritage Round | Sun | Dragons 25-6 Bulldogs | SCG

R5: STG v CBY

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BM1979

Juniors
Timmah, you're usually quite rational.

Granted, Young got him above the horizontal but pulled out of the tackle. Didn't drive him into the dirt, just dropped him.

I agree

One on One it can happen , half the time the ball carrier contributes to the tackle by by twisting backwards to either try offload or brace for the fall , An accident in my eyes and does not deserv a suspension

dragonfire

Bench
I agree

One on One it can happen , half the time the ball carrier contributes to the tackle by by twisting backwards to either try offload or brace for the fall , An accident in my eyes and does not deserv a suspension

i agree, was looking to basically sit him on his arse and as he lifted the player twisted to try and get down causing himself to be put into a dangerous position and Young stopped lifting straight away. Dont see how it was anything more than a penalty. Go take a look at the tackle on Boyd in last years origin, thats what you call a spear tackle, dangerous and worthy of a send off

ByRd

First Grade
Youngs tackle was nowhere near a send off, a penalty and thats all. Well played Dragons, apart from 5 mins in the second half, you guys were all over us and we just looked flat and had nothing out there. Hopefully these past 2 losses show the team the level they need to get to if they wanna compete with the better sides.

thommo4pm

Coach
FMD, does losing make your head hurt & restrict your ability to think rationally ?

That tackle (if you can call it that) deserved a penalty. Young should not miss one minute of football because of that "tackle". :roll:

Couldn't agree more.
Penalty, incident left on the field, move on.

BM1979

Juniors
That's what they are on the field for hey :roll:

Yes it is and at all costs you back up your teamamtes aswell , you dont run away from the fight you stick it to them , Tell me why Payne is a girl then , i didnt start the conversation, someone else made the comment

thommo4pm

Coach
Yes it is and at all costs you back up your teamamtes aswell , you dont run away from the fight you stick it to them , Tell me why Payne is a girl then , i didnt start the conversation, someone else made the comment

I never mentioned Corey Payne.
In fact I think he has been very good for you guys this year and is showing the potential he was starting to show at Saints all those years ago, before he got his serious concussions.

Creagh is all guts, whether he can fight or not, who cares. I don't pay for my season ticket to watch Ben Creagh or any other Dragon player start a fight or get into one.

Ben Creagh runs hard and tackles bloody hard, often 1 on 1. That's tough and that's guts.

BM1979

Juniors
I never mentioned Corey Payne.
In fact I think he has been very good for you guys this year and is showing the potential he was starting to show at Saints all those years ago, before he got his serious concussions.

Creagh is all guts, whether he can fight or not, who cares. I don't pay for my season ticket to watch Ben Creagh or any other Dragon player start a fight or get into one.

Ben Creagh runs hard and tackles bloody hard, often 1 on 1. That's tough and that's guts.

Someone a couple of pages ago called Corey Payne a girl and i simply responded to that claim. I never mentioned anything bout starting fights either but if one of your team mates starts getting belted you back them up

God-King Dean

Immortal
If he had a player or two helping him I'd usually be a bit less agro - he did it completely on his own and turned him upside down. Send off offence IMO. That's nice that you disagree.

:lol: Yeah, being injured and then not even being on the field is an "excuse" :lol:

:lol:

abpanther

Staff member
Typical Frank Pritchard performance, 9 hit ups and 9 tackles, always vanishes when the going gets tough

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Not sure why Payne's coming in for scrutiny, he was easily our best today, as he has been much of the year.

Why Young stayed on the field after that tackle has me a bit stumped, but the game was long gone, even at halftime. Terrible handling in the wet and a bit of ill discipline.

That said, Parra copped it 38-0 so I can't be too critical, we play them on Friday :D

That tackle warranted nothing but a penalty.

Not sure why Brett Morris stayed on the field though after holding our player down for 5 minutes while their defence got back after we made a break down the sideline.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The same type of tackle has been a sin-bin in every other game this year, you're correct.

Hutty1986

Immortal
[FKN-SIK];7295509 said:
That tackle warranted nothing but a penalty.

Not sure why Brett Morris stayed on the field though after holding our player down for 5 minutes while their defence got back after we made a break down the sideline.

He might as well have been sin binned, he got like 12 in Fantasy NRL!

Latest posts