What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Origin I | 25 May | QLD 16-12 NSW | Suncorp #origin

SOO1: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Why should Dugan be in the side? What has Dugan shown exactly that warrants his selection? I mean Hayne there's a million things to point to, but what exactly about Dugan in this game or this year says he has to be there?
His break that put Jennings in for a try
His composure under the bombs
His hard runs back at the line

I'd have Hayne on the wing to replace noneck Morris.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Sorry, why were they the better side?
Queensland still kept getting attacking sets, it was a very even match.
Queensland class got us home in the end.

NSW have been better for six years. Queensland have just had too much class and scored too many tries. Didn't you know?

Yeah because a clueless f**k like you could really back that up, oh wait no you couldn't f**king begin to.

Great argument. Yes, he will be picked ahead of the best player in NSW again because Stuart is more stubborn than he is practical. And we will lose.

They've dropped our best player, a proven performer, for a young fullback coming off the back of injury who's played a handful of games this season. Dugan could have played the game of his life and it'd still be no more than what Hayne has already done for us. Hayne would have ripped that QLD right hand defense to shreds as he has done all season.

Common sense would have seen Hayne at fullback, Dugan another year and Hayne time to move into the halves.

But no, we'll just lose and you Raider tards will cheer it on.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all I heard was I want Hayne's dick in and around my mouth

docbrown

Coach
Sorry, why were they the better side?
Queensland still kept getting attacking sets, it was a very even match.
Queensland class got us home in the end.

Yeah Queensland kept getting repeat sets but couldn't capitalise on it. Big difference to previous years where NSW would cave under that...

In all I'd say the game was very 50/50. In the end, Queenslanders knew that NSW were attacking their playmakers and actually used it to their advantage so yes that was class but also NSW attacking the man not the ball.

I think QLD should be concerned that they came out of the sheds at half time and it didn't really have an answer to NSW's game. It was just that 50/50 stuff that created the final scoreline.

jarro

Juniors
I will probably get shouted down for this but I thought it was a rubbish game. QLD coasted along for a lot of it and only when it mattered did they really put the hammer down and become ruthless. A lot of QLD's attack was disjointed but I guess that will happen with a rookie centre on one side, though his defence was really good I thought (Nielsen). QLD's forwards were much more composed and prepared to put some effort in, the NSW front row was atrocious, utterly atrocious, King may as well stayed in the dressing sheds with his suit on because he was non-existant.

Sorry, but that game was very ordinary in my eyes. There was f**k all fire and brimstone that origin generally brings, Boyd FFS made the biggest hits of the night. The first game is generally the worst one of the series, hopefully that is the case with this series because that was pretty frustrating to watch even as a rabid QLD fan.Maybe I expect too much from QLD????? I dunno, I just didn't think either side really looked all that polished.

Matt Scott was MOTM for mine, f**k me he is wonderful player to watch.

Well said mate, my thoughts exactly :thumn

chrisD

Coach
His break that put Jennings in for a try
His composure under the bombs
His hard runs back at the line

I'd have Hayne on the wing to replace noneck Morris.

He played a game as a fullback isn't a compelling argument.

And no-one is talking about the props you dumb shits because there's not much to discuss, they're f**ked, everyone agrees, what's there to discuss?

Dragon

Coach
I got the impression watching QLD that they were happy to stay in 2nd gear unless they needed more. And when they did, they scored a very easy try. That's the concern, we got close but I just haven't taken much confidence out of it....it always seemed like QLD could put the foot down at any moment whereas something just always seemed off about NSW.

As Gould said, there won't be any changes. Still think we need more up front and some form of attacking weapon on the right - not sure what was up with Gaz, very passive game from him tonight like his mind was elsewhere. I've written enought about Scott and will leave it at that. Uate was fantastic on that side of the field but saw very little ball when we had good field position, did most of his work coming out of our own end.

And you are probably right, maybe just wishful thinking on my part but f*ck we were close to pulling off a major ambush

I think its more a mental thing for NSW than anything. The Ennis brain snap after we got in front sums it up. We were doing so well, every player doing their role then he just does something completely out of the blue and it undoes all that hard work.

Last edited:

Noa

First Grade
Yeah Queensland kept getting repeat sets but couldn't capitalise on it. Big difference to previous years where NSW would cave under that...

In all I'd say the game was very 50/50. In the end, Queenslanders knew that NSW were attacking their playmakers and actually used it to their advantage so yes that was class but also NSW attacking the man not the ball.

I think QLD should be concerned that they came out of the sheds at half time and it didn't really have an answer to NSW's game. It was just that 50/50 stuff that created the final scoreline.

Queensland were never troubled, when they needed to score the game sealer they did, just like that.

Inglis and Hodges playing NSW lose by 20-30

Ianc

Juniors
I will probably get shouted down for this but I thought it was a rubbish game. QLD coasted along for a lot of it and only when it mattered did they really put the hammer down and become ruthless. A lot of QLD's attack was disjointed but I guess that will happen with a rookie centre on one side, though his defence was really good I thought (Nielsen). QLD's forwards were much more composed and prepared to put some effort in, the NSW front row was atrocious, utterly atrocious, King may as well stayed in the dressing sheds with his suit on because he was non-existant.

Sorry, but that game was very ordinary in my eyes. There was f**k all fire and brimstone that origin generally brings, Boyd FFS made the biggest hits of the night. The first game is generally the worst one of the series, hopefully that is the case with this series because that was pretty frustrating to watch even as a rabid QLD fan.Maybe I expect too much from QLD????? I dunno, I just didn't think either side really looked all that polished.

Matt Scott was MOTM for mine, f**k me he is a wonderful player to watch.

+1 especially the bit in bold.

docbrown

Coach
Queensland were never troubled, when they needed to score the game sealer they did, just like that.

Inglis and Hodges playing NSW lose by 20-30

I think there's 2 stories going on here. NSW defence was better than what it has been since QLD's current domination.

Like I said that Billy Slater set up came off the Blues stuff up. They tried to take the playmaker out near the tryline and in the process took their eye off the ball which allowed for the gap. Even with Qld'ers coming in numbers, if NSW hadn't done that they would have been able to still stop both QLD players. QLD only got the overlap because of that. To me that try is yes - partial Queensland class for setting it up - but also a rookie NSW mistake. Like I tell the kids -on the tryline defence you watch the man but you attack the ball.

I think NSW's forwards weren't playing anywhere near their ability and Soward wasn't on the top of his game. But the potential is there and it will be the number thing they will be working on in game 2.

Some people are saying Queensland were in Second Gear. I don't buy it. Every other Queensland team from the past 5 years if they were 6-0 at half time would be fired up when they came out again. They weren't. And the majority of what they were threw at NSW, NSW had an answer for.

It was very 50/50. I mean I think NSW should stick with the exact same team, but if they did have a Hayne or Idris on the bench it might be to their benefit.

adamkungl

Immortal
QLD forwards and halves were absolutely excellent. Another dominant performance. We had them covered in the outside backs all night. Let down by isolated moments of piss poor defence. Which is in complete contrast to the monumental effort of holding out all those sets on our line and then coming back into the game.

Morris is just awful seriously. Offers less than nothing in rep football.

This Year?

Immortal
NSW had very few opportunities (albeit they blew a few too) and almost won the game. Under the circumstances which they were in, I though they done really well. What won QLD the game IMO was how their fowards in defence came up off their line quickly and tackled in numbers. In attack they easily got over the advantage line and gave their backs plenty of room to work. I thought Petrol 70cents/litre was MOM.

Coaster

Bench
Plssed myself laughing at (don't change the team) Gould. Ennis dribbles the ball first touch, and next 5 min Gus treats him like he was the diff between the teams. LOL

Dugan gives us a try, Gus explains it is experience LOL

He is NSW problem.

You need to stop listening to him

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Well that pretty much says it all about your understanding of a game of footy.

he wont be there game 2, Gidley will if not injured, my understanding seems quite ok in this regard.

He was utter tripe, good club player, out of his league in SOO.

meercat

Juniors
Jennings
14 runs for 181m (3 line breaks)
8 tackle breaks
9 tackles (0 missed)
2 errors

Uate
12 runs for 115m
2 hit ups for 17m
2 tackle breaks
5 tackles (0 missed)
2 errors (shouldve been one)

Those 2 were our best backs, Dugan pretty impressive on debut, Gasnier solid in defense but was shut down by Boyd more often then not. Morris made a crucial error, would've been a straight swap for Gordon if he wasnt injured after this game.

All up not too bad an effort considering how badly we were rolled in the forwards, impressive defensive effort apart from the try for Slater near the end. Matt Scott wouldve been my call for MotM he was phenominal.

Look at the positives we made 85 more tackles, had 6 line drop outs, got one penatly the whole game and made 16 errors and only lost by 4. King is the only one I can make a case for dropping off the back of that straight up, terrible selection but we all knew this before the kick off.

Latest posts