What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Origin I | 25 May | QLD 16-12 NSW | Suncorp #origin

SOO1: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

azsportza

Live Update Team
I like the side for the most part, will be cheering for them all the way.

That said...

I have problems with the following players:

Michael Jennings
Mitchell Pearce
Jason King
Greg Bird

Australian centre Jamal Idris should be there ahead of Jennings.

Jarrod Mullen outplayed Pearce if Round 10 is anything to go by.

King? Chronic injuries aren't the way we should be selecting our team. Tolman and Weyman both deserve to be FILTHY.

Bird starting ahead of Creagh? Oh dear. Swap 'em. Now.

Hope Sticky knows what he's doing.

I AGREE 100% The only thing is Idris and Gasiner are both right side centres where Jennings is a left side centre. having said that I will not agree with this selection.

Galloway has been performing strongly and DOESN'T get picked. HOW DID KING get the nod..

Ben Creagh as I said in my post, he deserves to get the start. He and Soward are the only Dragons I agree with in the side. I want Ricky's head, the selectors I have a question. DO YOU WANT TO SEE THE BLUES LOSE!

aqua_duck

Coach
How can SEVEN dragons players can make it.
The following players I think should not of been selected.

4. Michael Jennings - Penrith Panthers - WHAT HAS HE DONE THIS YEAR?
7. Mitchell Pearce - Sydney Roosters - Hasn't been the best halfback, look at the Roosters they haven't been winning. He can't be the best number in the NRL.
8. Jason King - Manly Sea Eagles - I would like to know what Jason King has done in the eyes of the "Selectors" to get a start. Shame How did Keith Galloway not get picked.
9. Michael Ennis - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs - I expected Ryan Hinchcliffe to be named. ENNIS DIDN'T PLAY CITY COUNTRY How can that "Test Match" for the Blues be true if Farah or Hinchcliffe not get picked.
10. Kade Snowden - Cronulla Sharks - In principle Snowden is good player, but How did he get a start. Again Galloway deserved this spot more.
11. Beau Scott - St George Illawarra Dragons - Just another Dragons player, I would of thought Creagh had the wood over him for the start but not the case.
12. Greg Bird - Gold Coast Titans - Bird...Interesting selection, what has he done this year. I can say not much. Jamal Idris is a better second rower then Bird.
15. Trent Merrin - St George Illawarra Dragons - OH LOOK, Merrin the Australian Bench player. Again another Dragon. What has Merrin done he hasn't impressed me this year.

I CALL FOR THE HEAD OF RICKY STUART. Regardless if they win, which they won't, that side is a joke.
Snowden is NSW's best prop by a country mile, he was probably the 3rd player picked after Gaz and Gal

As a neutral I hope that rugby league wins on the night.

My only gripe was the omission of Luke Lewis from the NSW team. I didn't want him available for the Tigers game on saturday night.

The selection of Michael Ennis and Jason King will be justified for comic value.

Even as a Manly fan I am surprised at Kings selection over Weyman or Tolman
but Watmough or Stewart should have been ththere over Creagh or Scott

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Jennings, Pearce, King... I agree with the lol's. Their are several better options available over those 3. Bird on the other hand is an Origin player. He will stand up and deserves the start.
Bird deserves an Origin berth but IMO, not starting.
No mention of Jamie Lyon? Where's he at at the moment? Regarded as past his best? Permanent semi-ban list?
Unofficially retired from rep footy last I heard.

Timmah

Staff member
Idris' omission for not being a left centre is pissweak. He played left centre quite capably for Australia just a fortnight ago when Pieeater went off injured...

typicalfan

Coach
Mullen was outplayed in CvC in a winning side. Pearce deserves is spot, Mullen shows I think he needs to toughen up a little in big games in Albury.

Pearce isn't fantastic but he is the incumbant, and Mullen hasn't done enough to oust him.

Johns Magic

Referee
Bird should start for sure, anyone saying otherwise has a short memory.

And I read an article this year saying Lyon applied for exemption but didn't lodge the application in time so was still available. But Laurie Daley(Country coach) said he wouldn't pick him in his side if his heart wasn't in it, because you need your heart in it at rep level to succeed.

typicalfan

Coach
Bird is better suited to the tough early exchanges of origin, as is Scott and Gallen, I agree with them starting ahead of Creagh.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Bagging Scott based on him playing in the centres last year is silly. He never should have been picked in the backline but he has been amongst the top backrowers in the game this year and deserves the spot.

Idris' omission for not being a left centre is pissweak. He played left centre quite capably for Australia just a fortnight ago when Pieeater went off injured...

because he is an overrated fat piece of shit who can't defend.

and by capable you mean he scored a try against the run of play, his efforts before that were below average.

watch the f**king game for once timmah

Big Pete

Referee
Y'know as much as this side is getting bagged, are there actually any players you'd classify as bad in the side?

Wait until it runs out before bagging it.

Timmah

Staff member
because he is an overrated fat piece of shit who can't defend.

and by capable you mean he scored a try against the run of play, his efforts before that were below average.

watch the f**king game for once timmah

Alternatively you could take your anti-Bulldogs glasses off.

Idris has comprehensively outplayed his QLD opposite in Greg Inglis TWICE already this year, and played very capably for Australia, scoring a try.

Your blind stupidity is getting ridiculous.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ahhh it's the traditional NSW fans reaction to when an Origin team is named - "waaah, waaaah, waaaah - this team is shit. Why is player X, Y and Z in the team when player A, B and C are so much better!"

I mean, seriously. It's a NSW team, how about we get behind it for once before saying how shit it is before they've even played a game together?

cleary89

Coach
I dunno if I prefer Idris over Jennings.

Would have been good if cooper played, but then everyone would be blowing up even more...

InThatNumber

Juniors
Apart from Farah for Ennis (to get another playmaker out there to help Soward and Pearce,) it's not a bad lineup... maybe Lewis for Young... Hayne can consider himself unlucky but maybe this is what he needs to show us all the late 2009 form he is capable of...

Vicious

Bench
Anthony Watmough single handedly destroyed Queensland in game 3 `2009. YES I know that was two seasons back, but he`s still one of the most feared back rowers in the game.
Jarryd Hayne being left out is a disgrace, he`s without doubt one of the top ten players in the game, you could play him anywhere in the backline and he would cause Queensland plenty of headaches, but can`t make the NSW 17???
Jamal Idris has already dominated Greg Inglis twice this season, when he runs the ball he`s one of the most feared players in the game, he just got selected for the Kangaroos, but can`t make the NSW 17???

They deserve to get beat, I thought Ricky Stuart was a smart man, but after seeing this side I don`t think he`d know the difference between a rugby league ball and a soccer ball!

Vicious

Bench
Anthony Watmough single handedly destroyed Queensland in game 3 `2009. YES I know that was two seasons back, but he`s still one of the most feared back rowers in the game.
Jarryd Hayne being left out is a disgrace, he`s without doubt one of the top ten players in the game, you could play him anywhere in the backline and he would cause Queensland plenty of headaches, but can`t make the NSW 17???
Jamal Idris has already dominated Greg Inglis twice this season, when he runs the ball he`s one of the most feared players in the game, he just got selected for the Kangaroos, but can`t make the NSW 17???

They deserve to get beat, I thought Ricky Stuart was a smart man, but after seeing this side I don`t think he`d know the difference between a rugby league ball and a soccer ball!