What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Origin II | Wed 15 Jun | NSW 18-8 QLD | ANZ #origin

SOO2: NSW v QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ceagle

Bench
Congratz to Hoppa, better decision then that turnstile, Idris

Need to take out Gidley for a prop

Dragon

Coach
So... Stuart makes a big deal about picking players in their positions. Now you got Hoppa at centre, Gallen at prop, Hayne on the wing.

bartman

Immortal
4. William Hopoate (Sea Eagles)
lolIdris :lol: Can't even make it into a state side with three backline injuries! "Expected team" my arse - Idris is more hype than talent.

Assuming Stewart comes in for Dugan, or Lewis in with Hoppoate to wing and Hayne to fullback.... keeping NSW an Idris-free zone.
8. Paul Gallen (c, Sharks)
10. Tim Mannah (Eels)
That's a surprise, didn't think he'd use either of these guys as starting props?

Interchange:
Trent Merrin (Dragons)
Luke Lewis (Panthers)
Kurt Gidley (Knights)
Anthony Watmough (Sea Eagles)
Is it just me, or is there only one prop on the bench (and with Gallen being used as a starting prop too)? :crazy:

Qld by plenty.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
So we're only going with 2 front rowers? It's an upgrade over having King, but still a huge mistake.

It also makes the starting second row look a bit ordinary. Creagh and Scott offer nothing in attack... Creagh should be dropped, Lewis starting with another front rower on the bench.

Dragon

Coach
The backline is pretty damn good, personally i'd bring Stewart in for Dugan if he cant get right. Lacking size in the forwards though but then our backs did most of the work in game one and almost got us home.

mxlegend99

Referee
So what's the odds that Gidley will move to fullback when Dugan is ruled out, and be replaced on the bench with a front rower? It sort of fixes the biggest problem at the moment... a small bench.

But we're then stuck with Gidley at fullback who is ordinary at the back in origin footy. I would personally rather see Lewis moved to the starting side (left centre), Hoppa out to left wing and Hayne at fullback. With a proper front rower coming onto the bench. I think it would give us a solid attacking side still, but keep the left side strong defensively.

ceagle

Bench
The backline is pretty damn good, personally i'd bring Stewart in for Dugan if he cant get right. Lacking size in the forwards though but then our backs did most of the work in game one and almost got us home.
I reckon they would put Hayne at FB and bring in a winger

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You get shat on the forwards, so you move a back-rower in there (admittedly who played like an extra prop in SOO I) and only have one prop on the bench? Oh lord. Ricky Stuart is dumber than I thought.

And Gidley is doing absolutely nothing on that bench. Nothing.