What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 GF | PREMIERS - Sea Eagles 24-10 Warriors @ ANZ

2011 PREMIERS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I love the fact all the halves are so young and playing so well.

Perhaps even future rivals at international level.

seaeagle sam

I know 2 kiwis who support Manly from the Craig Innes (what a player he was) and Tony Iro days. And while I can't speak for Warriors or Kiwis I think the two clubs have a good relationship and a lot of Kiwis actually like Manly.

I never want anyone else but the Sea Eagles winning the comp but if we lose I glad it will be to the Warriors.

hitman82

Bench
Manly have a huge advantage in the centres.

I don't particularly rate Champion (does anyone?) but he made Lewis Brown look a tad silly a couple of times last night. Brown is a damn good runner of the ball and a very passionate footballer, but he's simply not a centre and defensively this can be exploited.

Across the rest of the park I think the teams are reasonably well-matched, form taken into consideration.

Should be an epic game either way! :crazy:

Daddycool

Juniors
If the Warriors play with that same composure in the GF they'll be very tough to beat. They've got a big week ahead but they've got plenty if NZ test players in their team so they shouldn't be too fazed.
I thought Manly were a bit conservative at times against the Broncos and tried to protect their lead. Having said that though, they really only did what they had to do to win. The fact they've been there a couple of times in recent years will mean they know exactly what to expect come GF day.

It should be a terrific game. Go the Sea Eagles and may the better side win.

TheDMC

Bench
Is their any bad blood between Manly and NZ fans? Might be a light build-up in this thread.

That will make a pleasant change IMO, we can all focus on a great game ahead and not petty inter-club 'terroristic' hate...

Saying that, die you Manly scum....

Seriously, well done Sea Eagles on a great season, you have an incredibly tough team that will require a mammoth effort by my warriors to even have a chance to beat. I'll be there cheering them on though (if my voice recovers this week, completely hoarse today)...

Saints fan

Juniors
Manly by 13. I think the Warriors have played their final in the last two weeks. Combine that with 5 trips across the ditch in the last 6 weeks and it could be a real let-down.
I will be watching this as a neutral; don't like the Warriors or Manly. Hoping for a good game.

adamkungl

Immortal
Can't wait. Love watching Manly play, some absolutely excellent young footballers, Keiran Foran is my favourite non-Rooster, kid's a gun. And the Warriors have been absolutely impressive recently bar that hiccup against the Broncos. The contest in the halves is going to be very good, all young blokes with massive futures ahead of them.

Cheering for the Warriors to claim their first, but don't mind Manly - just hoping for a match that is anywhere near as good as last night's.

HowHigh

Coach
Going into this as a neutral.....usually after the first 15 mins I figure out who I'm supporting

If you asked me 3 weeks ago I would have said manly 19+ but you can't write off this Warriors team.

adamkungl

Immortal
Manly by 13. I think the Warriors have played their final in the last two weeks.

Here's the danger.

How many times have we seen teams give it absolutely everything and play the perfect week 3 game to come out flat in the GF. 2003 stands out for me as a Roosters fan - beat the Bullcheats in week 3 playing an amazing game but couldn't back up against Penrith.

aussies1st

Staff member
Should be a ripper, Warriors have the x-factor with Mateo and Johnson who caused all sorts of problems for the Storm. Manly have been steady throughout the season, they have shown the ability to win games from behind something the Storm struggled with yesterday.

warriors at their best, nobody can defend against them. They suprised everyone last night with their defence, if they bring it for one more game they will be too hard for manly to stop.

both well coached teams, exciting young players, locke, johnson, foran ect..

with glen stewart back, manly should have an edge, but I'm tipping warriors in a close one, should be a great game

ceagle

Bench
That will make a pleasant change IMO, we can all focus on a great game ahead and not petty inter-club 'terroristic' hate...

Saying that, die you Manly scum....

Seriously, well done Sea Eagles on a great season, you have an incredibly tough team that will require a mammoth effort by my warriors to even have a chance to beat. I'll be there cheering them on though (if my voice recovers this week, completely hoarse today)...
Agreed. Last match thread was mainly bitching between us and Bronco fans. Will be nice to discuss the game this time.

Latest posts