What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R1 | Sun | Raiders 40-12 Sharks | Canberra

R1: CAN v CRO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is going to be a low scoring tight game. The Sharks always trouble us and I see this as no different.
Both our trials we had very poor ball security and going off previuos years that will continue into the early rounds.

We need a geniune halfback to play so either Orford or Williams , if Tongue or Butts plays in the 7 we wont win.

Raiders to win by 18-12

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
NRL Previews - Raiders v Sharks (Round 1)

Right.... The Joel Monaghan era has officially ended in our nation’s capital so let’s not make any further mention of the past. The Raiders have a bright future but they’ll need to have the tails up for this one. The visiting Sharks will be like a dog with a bone if they get a sniff of the two points on offer. However, David Furner will be hoping that you can teach an old dog new tricks when he hands the leash to Matt Orford to guide his team around the park.

If the Sharks focus solely on Orford though, they will be barking up the wrong tree as the home side has many weapons on the field. A powerful forward pack will leave Cronulla feeling as sick as a dog, but not before Paul Gallen urges them to fight like cats and dogs in this match at Canberra Stadium. Unfortunately for Gallen, it’s a dog eat dog world and I’m tipping the fearsome combination of Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and David Shillington emerge as top dogs. Guess I just couldn’t let sleeping dogs lie.

My Tip: Raiders 24-14

Full preview with match officials, teams, history and more: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=20532

NRL Previews - Raiders v Sharks (Round 1)

Right.... The Joel Monaghan era has officially ended in our nation’s capital so let’s not make any further mention of the past. The Raiders have a bright future but they’ll need to have the tails up for this one. The visiting Sharks will be like a dog with a bone if they get a sniff of the two points on offer. However, David Furner will be hoping that you can teach an old dog new tricks when he hands the leash to Matt Orford to guide his team around the park.

If the Sharks focus solely on Orford though, they will be barking up the wrong tree as the home side has many weapons on the field. A powerful forward pack will leave Cronulla feeling as sick as a dog, but not before Paul Gallen urges them to fight like cats and dogs in this match at Canberra Stadium. Unfortunately for Gallen, it’s a dog eat dog world and I’m tipping the fearsome combination of Tom Learoyd-Lahrs and David Shillington emerge as top dogs. Guess I just couldn’t let sleeping dogs lie.

OMG DAT IZ HISTERICAL!!!!!11onewoneleven

Raiders by 14

supera

Juniors
i expect that the raiders side might take a couple of weeks to gel without campo. with that said though, i still have canberra beating the line, because i just dont think cronulla are any good.

Paullyboy

Coach
Orford and Dugan are confirmed OUT

Sam Williams to make his debut and David Milne to come in at fullback

chrisD

Coach
Should be an entertaining clash of the monster packs. With those Raiders out I guess I'm compelled to pick the Sharks, though I don't like it.

Ezy

Juniors
Big disappointment to see Dugan out, but the Axe will fill in admirably, and I'm looking forward to seeing him play for what seems like ages.

For the Raiders, it was never going to be about who plays fullback. The big concern is still the halves. Without Orford, DF will probably lean towards starting Tongue at halfback and leaving him on for 20 min before bringing on young Sam, who is yet ANOTHER Raiders star of the future.

If we can get a good start, up 10-0 or 12-0 after 15 minutes or so, then I think we can carry on with it. Very nervous about Sunday and I've got no doubt the Sharkies will be bringing their A-game.

skeepe

Immortal
Sick of Raiders fans slitting their wrists over this game. We'll win, and easily.

applesauce

Bench
Raiders didn't win 1 game (out of 3) last year with Dugan out, and average 9pts as a team without him.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Raiders didn't win 1 game (out of 3) last year with Dugan out, and average 9pts as a team without him.

We also lost 6 out of our first 9 games last with him playing.

David Milne is a more than capable replacement. It's the halves that are a worry.