What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R1 | Sun | Raiders 40-12 Sharks | Canberra

R1: CAN v CRO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The boys were very solid today , Cronulla need to be better if they want to avoid the spoon. They have such a good forward pack.

Young Sam had a blinder of a debut. looking forward to the day he is our regular No7.

Im just happy that we got 2 points from our 1st game

Paullyboy

Coach
I agree that I genuinely feel sorry for Sharks fans. They were beyond hopeless today. The only positive I thought was Nathan Gardner, that guy is a great talent.

I was really impressed with Sam Williams, and a part of me wants him to get another chance ahead of Orford. Another part of me realises that beating the Sharks today wasn't that big of an achievement. My only fear is if we don't play Williams he will leave for an opportunity

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I think Williams still qualifies for twenties. Not even Josh Dugan stayed in first grade on his first stint.

skeepe

Immortal
He is but todays game certainly wasn't indicative of that!

Pretty crafty though, especially when he grabbed Williams by the head gear to prevent a try (thought that was illegal but I'm not gonna bitch about it, the refs were pretty good today).

Overall very impressed with the way we went about our business with arguably our entire spine missing. It bodes well for the future when we start getting players back. Ferguson and White were extremely impressive, exactly what we needed.

Aiton is a dirty thug and should rightfully miss half the season for his headbutt. Disgraceful.

I couldn't actually see the headbutt in the replays

No , there isnt a clear camera angle , I dont think there could be with so many players in there.

The ref was pretty confident with what he saw , JT's head snaps back and Aiton didnt protest even the slightest when sent off.

If he gets suspended on that evidence is another thing

ChrisCryptic

Juniors
Any chance of a Orford/Williams combo later on in the year?
The raiders looked very good against a Sharks side that has potential but just don't turn up.

McCrone also did a good job i would be comfortable with McCrone Orford combo till Campo is fit and keep Williams improving in 20s and first grade when needed

Paullyboy

Coach
He is but todays game certainly wasn't indicative of that!

He certainly wasn't perfect, his defensive effort on the Vidot try was shocking, but then again, why was he defending on the wing? The way he reacted made it look like he's never been there before. Having said that, he is the closest thing to a danger man in their team, and there were several moments yesterday where he showed that.

On the Aiton thing, there was no damage done (I know that doesn't mean much, but it's worth considering on a headbutt) and there is no clear footage of it so I think it's worth just leaving it as a send off and a strong warning that there better not be anything similar again.

Ezy

Juniors
I was really impressed with Sam Williams, and a part of me wants him to get another chance ahead of Orford. Another part of me realises that beating the Sharks today wasn't that big of an achievement. My only fear is if we don't play Williams he will leave for an opportunity

Report in the SMH today claims that we are deep into negotiations to extend his contract. He will be in green for a long time.