What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R13 | Sun | Raiders 24-40 Cowboys | Canberra #nrlcancow

R13: CAN v NQL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Raiders supporters are crazy and bipolar which makes them the most awesome supporters in the league.

Paullyboy

Coach
The Cowboys are always horrible against the Raiders.
The Cowboys always struggle at Bruce.
Campese will be playing his first game back.
The players will be playing for a cause (passing of a board member and friend of some players).
The Raiders have hit form, and there is no more confidence-reliant team in the competition than the Raiders.

Trust me, we'll win. If you want to make some money, get on it. If not, you had your chance.

Paullyboy

Coach
He may do little in this game, his presence will be huge though.

Seriously, this should be a massive win for the Raiders (I'm not normally one to make these statements, but I couldn't be more confident).

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Forgive me, I must have forgotten how unstoppable your forward pack was that night.

Sorry fella, but you're on struggle street with this argument. Canberra have major flaws in their game and until they prove otherwise, calling them dead certainties for any game is just blind optimism.

North Queensland have one of the best forward packs in the competition, including the best front-rower. It is working as a cohesive unit in which all know their job and none have any major injury concerns. Whilst our attack may be far from perfect the strength of this pack will give us a good shot of winning all our matches.

Even if one of the matches is at the much vaunted Canberra Stadium.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Of course we have flaws.... we have the worst hookers in the comp. Possibly in all of recorded history. You still got some very favourable decisions up there including a deadset robbery in the Thurston try. Bringing that game up is neither here nor there because we were a rabble and still almost beat you. The difference was that Thurston try in the end.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Well we've been told by a Canberra fan in this thread that NQ always struggle against Canberra, so that needed to be put to bed.

A tremendous stretch to say you almost beat us. We'd comfortably set up a win with a completely dominant first half and you scored a few late consolation tries. Your forwards were smashed and you had no answer to the magic of Thurston. Hardly grounds for such an optimistic appraisal heading into Sunday's encounter.

You are looking at that decision through your green glasses I'm afraid. For mine I didn't see anything wrong with that decision, fair try. Blind support is funny that way hey?

Didgi

Desert Qlder, it's the return of the Balding Messiah. We're no hope. :sarcasm:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Well we've been told by a Canberra fan in this thread that NQ always struggle against Canberra, so that needed to be put to bed.

A tremendous stretch to say you almost beat us. We'd comfortably set up a win with a completely dominant first half and you scored a few late consolation tries. Your forwards were smashed and you had no answer to the magic of Thurston. Hardly grounds for such an optimistic appraisal heading into Sunday's encounter.

You are looking at that decision through your green glasses I'm afraid. For mine I didn't see anything wrong with that decision, fair try. Blind support is funny that way hey?

Even if you "didn't see anything wrong with the decision" the ref had called knock on and our players had given up on the chase. It was certainly not a fair try.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Pete Cash, that dog won't hunt.

Your team was never in the match and never had a chance of winning.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
:lol: at the end of the day you were given a deadset robbery of a try the likes that will possibly be never seen again (dodgy and the ref calling our players off the ball) and you barely beat us. This is the worst Raiders side I can ever remember watching at that. What a thing to brag about.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I take it that you subscribe to the theory that if you repeat something often enough it will become truth?

Bring on Sunday.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Of course its true. The ref did in fact call our players off the ball by saying KNOCK ON.

Why are you getting so agitated by a Raiders supporter saying we are going to beat you.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
The Cowboys are a whole different monster when they play in Canberra.

They lost 48 - 4 here last year.

But they're playing better footy this year so should be interesting.