What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R15 | Sat | Knights 16-12 Panthers | Ausgrid #nrlnewpen

R15: NEW v PEN

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abpanther

Staff member
I don't know why Simmons continues to cop shit from Panthers fans, the guy hasn't been crash hot but he's been great under the high ball, takes plenty of hit ups and puts in 100% every week (look at that chase down of Naqaima)

soc123_au

Staff member
Can't see any finals for us this year. Knights should've won by alot more to be honest.

Effort is there at the moment but you can't win many games with nuffies like Paulo, Purtell and Simmons in your team... Need Lewis back asap to even threaten for a top 8 spot.

Paulo was rubbish along with Iosefa, Paris & Purts went alright I thought. Smith is still underdone as well. Take out Lewis, Jennings & Gordon & we don't have a great deal in attack.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Paulo was rubbish along with Iosefa, Paris & Purts went alright I thought. Smith is still underdone as well. Take out Lewis, Jennings & Gordon & we don't have a great deal in attack.

The problem is Paris and Purts good games are still average

Doomednow

Bench
Panthers were a rabble tonight. Vaivai did alright I thought, also Iosefa did alright in getting the tries. Even Walsh looked good having a run here and there, I would give him credit for catching some didgy passes. I think he is yet to reach his best and I hope we hang on to him. Nearly everyone else looked average though, I thought. Too many passes to flat footed support, forwards seemingly making little impact, says volumes when it looks like Purtell was the only one really trying. Too bad he doesn't have the ability to finish as often as he would like.

And so many ridiculous mistakes. Did not put in a performance worthy of being called professional. f**k it is hard to love them sometimes. They sometimes seem like they can't even be bothered.

I like the knights. I really do. Probably my 3rd favourite team. But jeez they failed to capitalise tonight, with the difference only being two penalty goals. They definitely deserved the win though. It just seems like it says something about the level of competition this year when they won by only 2 penalty goals against us in that display. I blame coaching more than the players.

franklin2323

Immortal
Panthers fans how was Vaivai on debut?

Alright. Didn't make any errors, didn't do much mainly due to Burns not being able to pass. WHEN Gould gets us a new 5/8 we will improve so much.

On the game. I will take 4 point losses away without Lewis or Jennings. without them our attack was terrible

Kilkenny

Coach
The Knights deserved there win. The Panthers had enough ball in good field position to win but offered little other than the two soft tries from Iosefa.

boxingviews

Juniors
Quoting the News Article on the home page:
THE Newcastle Knights have kept their season alive with a gritty 4-point win over the struggling Penrith Panthers in Newcastle.

We were 9th coming into the match how does the victory keep our season alive, a loss wouldn't have been good but would no means dampen our finals chances.

Apey

Staff member
lol FMD how do people still take Skeepe's bait?

Newcastle won because they were the marginally less shit of the two teams.

no disrespect to my team but I have noticed they have a habit of bringing teams down to their level rather than rising above them :lol:

franklin2323

Immortal
The Knights deserved there win. The Panthers had enough ball in good field position to win but offered little other than the two soft tries from Iosefa.

Yeah it's too be expected no Lewis, Jennings or Gordon & a 5/8 that can't pass. No wonder Gould's after 5/8's & backrowers. The postive is we held them to 2 tries

Kilkenny

Coach
Both sides were down on key players.

No excuses from my perspective. We weren't good enough to seal the deal.

Noname36

First Grade
Pretty ugly game. Both teams were obviously missing important players. Newcastle just made fewer mistakes and looked a lot tougher in defense. Refs were shocking against both teams, but what's new there?

I think I'm finally starting to understand the decision to let Beau Henry go. With the likes of the Stig and Roberts (as well as youngsters like Mann and Rouse in the NYC) there's already a wealth of half talent at the club. Pity we don't have as much luck producing props.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
How the f**k is that play on?

And the refs get the Knights a try.
:lol: Are you serious? I'm assuming you're referring to the Costigan strip on Walsh in the lead-up to Costigan's try in the set following? I suggest you look at the replay again Skeepey boy. Costigan deliberately doesn't put a hand on Walsh until he is pretty much told he can have a go at the ball by the referee. Walsh was just lying there :crazy:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Considering the sea of mediocrity that was that Panthers lineup I'm grateful to only lose by 4 points and not by 34, like in Round 1.