What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R18 | Mon | Knights 12-22 Cowboys | Ausgrid #nrlnewcow

R18: NEW v NQL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raider_69

Post Whore
Good win by the cows
i had them going under once JT got hurt... maybe they arent a one man band anymore

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Nights like tonight make one proud to be a North Queensland supporter.

There is only one thing a supporter asks of his team, and that is a hundred per cent effort and willingness to dig in for your teammates. That is exactly what we got from the NQ boys tonight. It wasn't pretty at any point, the execution was poor and some of the boys took some lousy options. But all those specifics are out the window now because at no point in the game did the Cowboys give up or stop going hard. For mine this is one of the great wins, because the attitude shown by the boys tonight I've not seen when Thurston has been absent previously.

Strange as it may seem given the amount of missed tackles we had, but the win was truly built on defense. Certainly not defending the middle of the park mind you, but on the goal line and in desperate situations the important tackles were made. DJ was foremost in this regard, often making the last ditch effort. Most of the forwards backed him right up but I'd like to make particular note of Will Tupou's effort on the fringes. Cowboys fans have been critical of his defensive efforts in the past but tonight he played with real energy. Tonga has real pressure on his spot now given his headspace, and that is healthy for the club.

None of the forwards shirked the work. I've said it before, our wins are built on the foundation our pack provides. We're not a flashy side at all. The forwards like to trundle it up and there is very little movement of the ball. Nothing pretty about it whatsoever but the game tonight called for that style of play and the boys kept cool heads throughout. I'm reluctant to single any one out as it was a real team effort without any weak links. Long may we continue with this approach, it is the strong suit for our side.

Man of the Match for mine tonight was Ashley Graham. Some fellow NQ supporters will know I've been sharply critical of him in the past, but he's making me eat my words at present. Tonight was the culmination of a really good season from the fella. He injected extra energy into efforts to get out of our half, and the metres proved invaluable. He's choosing wisely also, demonstrating his experience and growing in confidence. This is probably also the reason he's cut so much of the errors out of his game as well. Very glad to be proven wrong and happy to eat humble pie tonight.

This whole season has been a continual test of the attitude within the club. Supporters have not been looking for a technically brilliant side. Just one that cut the shit out of their game and a willingness t play for one another. Each hurdle has been successfully jumped on the journey so far, and tonight was the biggest test without JT. The boys have passed with flying colours. If we see efforts like that over the next six weeks we'll have a bunch of supporters that will be positively beside themselves with joy.

Apey

Staff member
Are the knights the stupidest team in the comp? It's painful watching a team that plays this stupid.

I think they may just be... but I think a lot of supporters feel that about their team when they play so shit :lol:

Eh people can have a go at Doogs for having a case of the dropsies but I am more inclined to blame Mullen... so many dumb f**king plays that were never, ever on. Besides his kicking game he was pretty useless tonight, consistently taking the wrong option.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
The knights are nowhere near as dumb as the Raiders, Tigers and Eels. They are the three dumbest sides in the comp.

Raider_69

Post Whore
The knights are nowhere near as dumb as the Raiders, Tigers and Eels. They are the three dumbest sides in the comp.

true

the eels are dumb because they are a bad team. Poor roster
the other two are dumb to spite their talent... the knights arent even in the same realm of stupidity as those three

beave

Coach
Just got home from a shitty day at work and i must say after watching the old IQ, f**king so proud of the boys. Nothing flashy but pure determination and guts in that win, cannot ask for anything more really. Patto giving it to the crowd was interesting, I couldnt hear much through the tv but i am sure people at the ground will be able to clarify if he was copping it deluxe. Good on him for for scoring though, i thought be handled the whole saga with the knights with a lot of class when he was interviewed, he seems like a decent enough lad.

Now with some lads coming back hopefully we can clean up some areas a bit and give the tigers a good shake.

elyod138

Bench
Patto giving it to the crowd was interesting, I couldnt hear much through the tv but i am sure people at the ground will be able to clarify if he was copping it deluxe. Good on him for for scoring though, i thought be handled the whole saga with the knights with a lot of class when he was interviewed, he seems like a decent enough lad.

Now with some lads coming back hopefully we can clean up some areas a bit and give the tigers a good shake.

from twitter:

CoryPaterson12
Also my try celebration wasn't directed at the crowd. I love knights fans there gr8 it was at a few other people. Thanks again for support

CoryPaterson12
@KitaandMat mate no way. U guys have been nothing but gr8 to me n I thank u guys. I got a bit emotional n I apologize it if looked bad

Apparently he was booed when he ran out though.

Last edited:
The Patterson thing - it wasn't directed at the ground but it sure looked like it. I know he would have been emotional but it went over the top and just made him look like a goose. He has moved on and he is clearly happy - he should have just left it at that.