What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R24 | Fri | Storm 8-6 Dragons | AAMI

R24: MEL v STI

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Melbourne Storm v St George Illawarra Dragons
Friday 19 August 2011, kickoff 7:30pm; AAMI Park
TV: Live Channel 9 NSW and QLD; Live Radio:
Referees: Tony Archer and Matt Cecchin; Touch Judges: Daniel Eastwood and Steve Carrall; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Storm: 1. Billy Slater 2. Sisa Waqa 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Beau Champion 5. Anthony Quinn 6. Maurice Blair 7. Gareth Widdop 8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Bryan Norrie 11. Adam Blair 12. Sika Manu 13. Kevin Proctor
Interchange: 14. Rory Kostjasyn 15. Ryan Hinchcliffe 16. Troy Thompson 17. Jaiman Lowe
Dragons: 1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c) 8. Dan Hunt 9. Nathan Fien 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Matt Prior
Interchange (from): 14. Jon Green 15. Trent Merrin 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Dean Young 18. Kyle Stanley

NRL Teams R24: http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21811

Other grades: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21774

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Head and tipping says Melbourne. Heart says Dragons, so

Dragons by 1, Soward field goal to win it.

Hutty1986

Immortal
First time we played Melbourne since Good Friday last year (and since they were found to be cheating the cap).
Wayne Bennett will have rattled the cage this week at training and if a game against Melbourne doesn't get our boys going I don't know what will.

The good guys by 7; Dragons penalty first scoring play and King Darius to get MOM. Bring on Friday Night.

Loyal to the bitter end, Us by 4

Head and tipping says Melbourne. Heart says Dragons, so

Dragons by 1, Soward field goal to win it.

im gonna go with dragons by 7. 17-10.

f**k I wish I could agree with you guys. We need a massive, massive turnaround to be competitive let alone win on Friday night going off disgraceful current form. Playing the Storm away is a tough way to regain confidence!

to_ddeath

Coach
f**k I wish I could agree with you guys. We need a massive, massive turnaround to be competitive let alone win on Friday night going off disgraceful current form. Playing the Storm away is a tough way to regain confidence!

Unfortunately I feel this ^^ to be close to the truth...

T.

broncos2010

Juniors
I think people don't know how big of a blow cronk is. I think dragons will win this but come big game day in finals dragons will fold and storm will push all the way to the grand final.

LatK7

First Grade
I honestly don't know how you could tip Saints. Maybe if their last performance was the Tigers game...but last week's performance? *shudder*

afinalsin666

First Grade
Go to golden point after being locked up at 19-19. Either to win, it's going to be close with Cronk out. There is no way Saints will allow 5 on the trot. They will play fired up, and it is going to be oh so good. Leaning toward us, but that is bias talking.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
I think this will be very close. Despite their poor form of late, the Dragons are still a very good team and this occassion should be enough to fire them up. They have copped a flogging from fans and the media due to their run of losses and this is the perfect opportunity to turn their fading season around. On top of that Cronk is obviously a massive loss for Melbourne, and they are due a loss.

For those reasons, I'm going to tip the Dragons in a close one. Having said that though, it wouldn't at all surprise me to see Melbourne go on with their winning ways.

Butters

Bench
Kostjasyn and Hinchcliffe working off the bench in tandem will carve St Merge up, they'll more than make up for the loss of Cronk. Alot more confident now about this game with those two playing together.

The greatest rugby league team to play the game to roll St Merge 30-8 :cool:

BranVan3000

Coach
Melbourne by 30

Melbourne will score in the first few minutes and the Dragons will have their heads down for the rest of the match

St George are not up for this. Their season is over, the only winnable match for them is Penrith and that is a stretch too

Hutty1986

Immortal
Melbourne by 30

Melbourne will score in the first few minutes and the Dragons will have their heads down for the rest of the match

St George are not up for this. Their season is over, the only winnable match for them is Penrith and that is a stretch too

Holy sh*t, when did you get into their heads and find this out??

BranVan3000

Coach
Holy sh*t, when did you get into their heads and find this out??
Every time someone from St George shows in the media. They sound disinterested and without a clue on how to get back into form. They keep talking about how they've lost the passion and have no idea how to get it back. If you don't think that is worrying, you are dreaming

azza18

Juniors

If the dragons win though, theyll regain a shitload of confidence

Its funny when they call the Dragons st merge and still the Storm will always been know either by the terms biggest cheats in NRL history or I like to refer to them as the second Brisbane team they never wanted.

Bella ache is a good coach and they will probably win but they will never live down the tarnish they brought to the game just as big as that crap super league.

Latest posts