What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R25 | Sun | Dragons 26-22 Warriors | WIN

R25: STI v WAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
That "not held" bullshit proved to be the difference.

Typical dragons victory really needing a leg up from the refs to keep them in the contest.

Dragon

Coach
Dumb performance, gifted them 10 points early and had very weak goal line defense. But we needed those 2 points

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
We're gone, even if we win today.

Mistakes.No urgency. Bad discipline. Defensive structure has gone to shit.

The party is over. It was great while it lasted. They just don't want it.

Warriors are going well. They'll challenge for the title. Locke is fantastic.

Was strange. We needed some luck to turn it around and get some confidence. We got some luck.

We just don't want it.

I should have written us off weeks ago.

Geez confidence is a funny thing. We still tried everything we could to lose it in the last 15.

Will take it though.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
That "not held" bullshit proved to be the difference.

Typical dragons victory really needing a leg up from the refs to keep them in the contest.

Play the whistle boys.

And I just got to first grade on LU. 5 years, 5000 posts.

Thakyou. Thankyou all. Its been a journey.

beave

Coach
Thank you Dragons, everyone in NQ loves you!!!!

Now for the Titans to beat the tigers................... who the f**k am I kidding...........

Danish

Referee
Play the whistle boys.

And I just got to first grade on LU. 5 years, 5000 posts.

Thakyou. Thankyou all. Its been a journey.

The ref didn't call held when Luck smashed Boyd front on.... but penalised him for a "2nd effort" when he held him down.

Was he not just playing to the whistle then?

skeepe

Immortal
You've got the ridiculous "held" no-call, a forward pass in another try and then that ridiculous penalty right at the end.

Bill Harrigan has a lot to answer for, because this has been the worst year for referees that I can remember.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Typical bitter Roosters fans having a sook about a Dragons win. Still haven't dealt with last year yet, eh? :p

Considering the form we came in with, a very pleasing performance. Far from perfect, and still some dumb plays, but the players seem to have their confidence back, which was the main thing we needed out of today (aside from the 2 points). We'll be much, much better against Penrith. Good to see our attack fire up finally too. Boyd is the key. When he switches on, those sweeping plays are much slicker and far more effective.

Danish

Referee
I thought the sin bin was a joke as well tbh.

He penalised them for being offside on tackle 1. Thats not a professional foul in any interpretation of the rules.

HowHigh

Coach
lol funny how its the roosters fans complaining about the refs and dragons winning, obviously still hurting from 2010

Anyway good game warriors, thought they were going to run away with it after that opening 10 minutes.

Wasn't a very convincing win but hopefully we can build on it, beat the panthers comfortably next week and go into the finals with a bit of momentum.

skeepe

Immortal
I thought the sin bin was a joke as well tbh.

He penalised them for being offside on tackle 1. Thats not a professional foul in any interpretation of the rules.

I thought it didn't even deserve a penalty tbh. The markers were square and waited till the ball cleared the ruck.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The ref didn't call held when Luck smashed Boyd front on.... but penalised him for a "2nd effort" when he held him down.

Was he not just playing to the whistle then?

Seriously mate, I couldn't give a flying f**k.

You guys have won three games straight and you're still upset that we won.

Thats brillaint.