What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R3 | Mon | Cowboys 34-6 Storm | Dairy Farmers

R3: NQL v MEL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jason Maher

Immortal
One minor point: how crap did both those jerseys look tonight? The BO pads under the arms just don't belong on a rugby league jersey, imho. The '95 jersey pictured in beave's avatar is far superior to this year's version for the Cowboys. I don't believe the Storm have ever had a decent jersey. Their best looking ones have always been butchered by ugly sponsorship patches.

edit: as for Tariq Sims, well, we breed 'em well. ;)

beave

Coach
I love the 95 jersey as well mate, why they have never just reverted back to that full time I don't know. But I don't mind this new home one we got this year. The supporters one doesn't have the grippy things on the guts like the players ones either. Each to their own I guess, it's still a 34930903% better than the stupid bulls head thing we had prior to it.

Yes, you do breed 'em well down there. You see his little wave to the 'Gerry pub' on the Fox coverage, nice little touch I thought. I just can't believed how developed and strong he is for a 20-21 year old. He must just eat weights or something, because that sh*t just ain't right!!!

Ray Thompson was fantastic being a Cairns boy overall I have better faith in this current squad than the round 1 squad due to Bani it was a completely different team out there tonight a team with unlimited potential it showed tonight could go very far just need to keep the positive,hard-working,whatever it takes attitude as we got the talent.

beave

Coach
not having nuffys come on and f**k up all the momentum like Carl Webb had been doing for years is refreshing. Ash Graham has a clanger or 2 in him per game, but he is a lot better than Bani. If that clown ever gets a shot in first grade again with us, I will hit the f**king roof.

MsStorm

Bench
Great effort by the Cowboys and a good crowd as well considering the weather and it being a Monday night game.

As for the Storm boys, enough said:)

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I cant agree with this at all. When the Cowboys are at their best or even close to it, Ash is an excellent finisher and a more than capable defender (as much as a winger can be). He's a confidence player, much like Bowen. Even last week when the Cows were absolutely horrible to watch, Ash wasnt bad (in fact he probably had a better game than almost everyone else). Im more than happy for him to keep his spot based on his performances so far this season.

I realise he has his supporters. I believe however that NQ is settling with Graham on the wing as he has some experience, is a good clubman and is perceived as being safe. You said it yourself, he 'wasn't bad'. Not good enough for me I'm afraid.

He could never break the line, step around a defender or outrun most of his fellow wingers. Add to this he has so many mistakes in his game in can cost us as many as two tries per game, I've seen it happen. He's an easy target for opposition defenders and is hardly an 'excellent finisher' as was demonstrated tonight with a complete c**k up of a possible try. In short, not first grade standard.

But in a time of high celebration for the club right now I'm not wanting to get into petty debates about player selection. Would just hate to see this player cost this young side a victory at some point.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I thought the Storm were specials. On ya Cowboys, always good to see Melb get pumped. Life's tough with a legal team

Mig2006

Juniors
I realise he has his supporters. I believe however that NQ is settling with Graham on the wing as he has some experience, is a good clubman and is perceived as being safe. You said it yourself, he 'wasn't bad'. Not good enough for me I'm afraid.

He could never break the line, step around a defender or outrun most of his fellow wingers. Add to this he has so many mistakes in his game in can cost us as many as two tries per game, I've seen it happen. He's an easy target for opposition defenders and is hardly an 'excellent finisher' as was demonstrated tonight with a complete c**k up of a possible try. In short, not first grade standard.

But in a time of high celebration for the club right now I'm not wanting to get into petty debates about player selection. Would just hate to see this player cost this young side a victory at some point.

One reason that Graham is in the side is that he can find the tryline BUT the main reason is that he has the quickest play the balls in the NRL. When I heard this, I thought "what rubbish" but when I actually watched him get tackled I started to believe it. Graham rarely gets dominated in the tackle and continually 'finds his front' meaning it is easier for the Cowboys to get a roll on early in the tackle count.

Last night he made about 20 runs, most of which were scoots from dummy half at the start of the set AND in none of them did he get 'turtled' onto his back. That is what the game is all about these days, dominating the ruck and creating faster play the balls.....

As for the errors in his game, yeah he makes some bad ones, but the Cows obviously feel his positives outweight these......