What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R3 | Sat | Panthers 44-12 Sharks | Centrebet

R3: PEN v CRO

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billythekid

First Grade
Can't remember many worse performances by a team. If they get 100 people to their next game it will be too many.

Caged Panther

First Grade
What a disgraceful amount of contempt the Panthers have for us fans to dish up such abysmal performances in successive home games.

I feel quite sorry for the membership team who have done so much hard work to build up the membership this season only to have all there hard work u done by that rabble pretending to be a football side.

Yes we had a great win last week but with the team showig inconsistency to the level we've seen over the past two weeks you really have to question the ability of the coach, not that I hadn't long before now

Sharks: amazing turn around from the week 1 drubbing to post back to back wins, home and away, 5 day turn around against the teams that finished 1 & 2 on the ladder last year. Their defence was commited and every man stood up when needed, whilst their attack had variation and naturally saped the Panthers energy as they (the Panthers) made errors and gave away penalties. Thoroughly deserved vitcory, totally outplayed the Panthers. 2 great wins on the trot and some form, enthusiasm and confidence will be running high through the team. Great stuff.

Panthers: look, I rarely bag the Panthers because ever since the Bears got kicked out they have been a team I have ALOT of time for. But after todays performance and the Knights performance on week 1, overshadowed by Parramatta's inept attempt last week, they have some MAJOR issues. At home, 2 drubbings with 40+ points for the opposition and inability to defend on the line. The Broncos, for the last fortnight have highlighted the effect of having great defence on your goal line and how it can win matches. At this rate the Panthers need a miracle to fix that problem, which has plagued them for awhile. I believe Matthew Elliott's time may be up. It's obvious that his game plans go way above the Panthers players heads and when they should be coached with a nice simple, defence oriented game plan, they instead get fed statue of liberty and triple deke plays. Panthers fans deserve better! They want defence!

mxlegend99

Referee
Picking Timana Tahu was a masterstroke.
It actually was. It kept Purtell of the field for longer and minimised the damage... which was already ridiculous. :crazy:

Tahu after no training with the team, no proper off-season and his first game back looked about on par with Purtell in a freakish "almost" first grade quality performance.

Give me Tahu any day over that reject.

f**kn molested the panthers.

f**k they were bad though. worse than us ine round 1.

Elliot has to be fired right?

as for the sharks it was the biggest winning margin not at home since we won the 01 week 2 semi 52-10.

thats pre noddy.

ridiculous.

ironhorse

Juniors
Given how rubbish the panthers were ,it's hard to analyse cronulla's performance.They just slipped through the penrith line with ease last night .

Special K

Coach
That would have been the perfect game to use Taumata off the bench... He could have filled in at centre for Tahu and given the fact Penrith were using one half he could have been an option or back up there. But I guess Purtell has more value?

stormbati

Bench
I have a lot of time for Penrith but I think Elliot has to go. Fair enough, he's not the one out there dropping the ball and missing tackles but their attitude is shocking and just not good enough. If defense is attitude then Elliot has to go.
Panthers have some of the best juniors in the world and they need a top notch coach in the job or I fear for their careers.
Look at Jennings for example, yes he's played for NSW and Australia but how good would he be in a better side? I think as good as Jennings is he still has so much more to offer.

BWNB

First Grade
How rubbish was the reffing, Panthers were always inside the ten, I dont know how Aiton got penalised for a late hit or how Jennings did knock the ball on. Poor poor peformance, luckily we won.

Latest posts