What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R3 | Sat | Tigers 34-24 Raiders | Campbelltown

R3: WST v CAN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We were absolutely garbage last night, bar the final 10 minutes. I have no idea how we got within 10 points of the Tigers.

The forwards ATM, bar Tilse, Fensom and to some extent Picker are playing like sh*t. TLL and Shillo really need to lift their game. They are Australian representatives FFS. And Shillo is our captain.

Our two centres have been quiet and ineffectual so far this season. Joel Thompson is much better suited to the second row, however we just don't have an abundance of backline players, where it'd benefit us over JT. Jarrod Croker has also done nothing. As a side note, his goal kicking isn't as accurate as last season. In 2010, you would count on him to slot 95% of his shots over.

The dummy half is a real problem for us. Buttriss really is nothing special, and played awfully last night, while Waddell just hasn't lived up to his hype. He really is a nothing hooker ATM.

The halves did not function, either, last night. McCrone just had another one of his games, where if the team doesn't play well, he doesn't. As for Orford, I am prepared to give him some more time considering he has only just come back after 10 months off, but he has been disappointing.

The only shining light has been Blake Ferguson. What a gun.

It is simple, we don't make stupid errors like we have done in the past fortnight, and we have a good chance of winning the game. It really is basic stuff.

mongoose

Coach
We were absolutely garbage last night, bar the final 10 minutes. I have no idea how we got within 10 points of the Tigers.

The forwards ATM, bar Tilse, Fensom and to some extent Picker are playing like sh*t. TLL and Shillo really need to lift their game. They are Australian representatives FFS. And Shillo is our captain.

Our two centres have been quiet and ineffectual so far this season. Joel Thompson is much better suited to the second row, however we just don't have an abundance of backline players, where it'd benefit us over JT. Jarrod Croker has also done nothing. As a side note, his goal kicking isn't as accurate as last season. In 2010, you would count on him to slot 95% of his shots over.

The dummy half is a real problem for us. Buttriss really is nothing special, and played awfully last night, while Waddell just hasn't lived up to his hype. He really is a nothing hooker ATM.

The halves did not function, either, last night. McCrone just had another one of his games, where if the team doesn't play well, he doesn't. As for Orford, I am prepared to give him some more time considering he has only just come back after 10 months off, but he has been disappointing.

The only shining light has been Blake Ferguson. What a gun.

It is simple, we don't make stupid errors like we have done in the past fortnight, and we have a good chance of winning the game. It really is basic stuff.

Buttriss is no Robbie Farah or Cam Smith but he is still 20 x better than Travis Waddell...

Waddell is appaling, i've never seen a first grade dummy half with such slow service. I don't know how Furner can persist with him... he has been awful since he entered first grade, but he keeps getting picked just because he was our toyota cup winning hooker.

Bench
Settle down knackers your mob won, no need to carry on like a little girl. Especially over what Skeepe says :lol:
You are right I was over the top,but everytime the Raiders lose it is the refs fault,we had no Ellis,Fulton,Gibbs,Ryan,Murdoch and we lost Lawrence and Tuqiri during the game,yet we still won.
That must really stick in his craw,and I enjoy seeing that.

Ladmate

Bench
You are right I was over the top,but everytime the Raiders lose it is the refs fault,we had no Ellis,Fulton,Gibbs,Ryan,Murdoch and we lost Lawrence and Tuqiri during the game,yet we still won.
That must really stick in his craw,and I enjoy seeing that.

Don't judge every Raider fan by him, it's only Skeepe that's blaming the refs.

Bench
Don't judge every Raider fan by him, it's only Skeepe that's blaming the refs.
I was talking about Skeepe,there are plenty of sensible Raider fans,I like the Raiders,but he gives the whole club a bad name on here.

gronkathon

First Grade
What the hell is wrong with TLL & Shillo? Seriously they got belted a few times in the first 10 and than only wanted to run at the fringes. Is this poor play or poor Furner tactics?

Tigers were patchy but improved. Patience with the football when required etc which was good to see. Dwyer is turning into another Haltau though. Dene got contracts ased on one semi game in 2005 and Dwyer still gets picked despite being dross.

No forward domination and no possession = no win, fairly simple really.

One thing ive never been able to understand....why do people just sit back and let marshall dance around?? It's not rocket science, get up in his face, put him off his game.

Well done tigpies.

Shorty

Staff member
Poor Lawrence, a hip dislocation!
I'm surprised he didn't pass out from the pain, wish him a speedy recovery.

Hutty1986

Immortal
No word yet but I would be guessing anywhere from 2-4 months.

Fingers crossed he is back before the finals.

Such a shame, he would have played Origin this year surely. :(

Faaark, that is a shame! He would have been left centre I reckon.

He was carving up in Fantasy too!

Bench
To be fair to Fergo he did score a hattrick... most players would get excited about that.
He is a real handy pick up,he is the best I have seen for scoring tries with no room to move,the Sharks missed the boat there.

(KW)

Juniors
Has Benji's attempt at goal from the sideline in the 2nd half been put on youtube or anything? IIRC, it was an absolute shocker. I dont watch replays of games we lose, but would like to see that again.

Latest posts