What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R4 | Fri | Broncos 18-10 Panthers | Suncorp

R4: BRI v PEN

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Panther_Daz

Staff member
How has Nafe gone? I was devastated to lose him from the Warriors

One of the few shining lights tonight.

7 hit ups for 70m, 24 tackles, 1 line break and 1 offload.

Looked dangerous but Elliott took him off when we needed him the most, that last 15 mins.

Big Pete

Referee
Penrith had a few good individual performances and were dynamite through the middle of the ruck. They just didn't have a half to control things, not to mention they'd come up with the odd silly play here and there.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
One of the few shining lights tonight.

7 hit ups for 70m, 24 tackles, 1 line break and 1 offload.

Looked dangerous but Elliott took him off when we needed him the most, that last 15 mins.

Thought Nafe looked great, looks to have put on a bit of weight (in a good way) but hasn't lost much of his zip from dummy half.

He needed to come off when he did because he was physically spent, the error Elliott made was keeping him out there for over 40 mins straight so the option to bring him back late was eliminated.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Thank your genius coach for playing Kingston at 7. :lol:

We had to play Kevie in the 7 because Walsh was out. It's not like we had any other alternatives in Windsor... oh wait!

Sack Elliott :crazy:10 years in the top grade and never won a semi...

Big Pete

Referee
I didn't think Kevie played all that poorly. If Penrith weren't such a rabble his selection at half wouldn't be as big a deal.

I doubt any of the Windsor players would've played better.

EDIT: Oh s**t just realised LU didn't have any live updaters. I could have done it no problem.

Sorry Tim!

user_nat

Coach
I agree that Kingston was pretty ok.

The player that replaced him at hooker was fairly average though.

Big Pete

Referee
Iosefa? Yep, thoroughly outplayed by his debutant.

Then again, it wasn't like Coote, Jennings or Waterhouse, some of Penrith's faves played that well either.

Caged Panther

First Grade
At least Seluini looked good, which means of course he'll be back playing for windsor next week.

That's about the only positive thing I could think of to say though.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Last year Penrith would've won a game like last night but it's clear that the players deep down are sick of Elliott and don't want to play for him, so the only thing we have a chance of 'winning' this season is the spoon.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
That is an indictment against them. Elliott apears to get on well with the players and seems very likable. Whilst, his tactical coaching and team selection may be sub par I don't think that is an excuse not to perform. Would they rather be coached by a complete prick suffering from Napoleon Syndrome? If they need an ass kicking to be motivated they won't amount to much regardless who is in control.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What a horrible game to watch. Penrith did their absolute best to not win that one. The Broncos were mediocre at best, but had that little bit of extra class to sneak a win.

chrisD

Coach
We are at this stage an awfully unprofessional team.

Our long kicking game is the worst in the league. Apart from none of our kickers having big boots on them, they get themselves into poor positions and have no instinct for reacting to the pressure from the defense. When having to choose between rushing the kick or stepping inside the rushing defense they'll make the wrong decision more often than not. We've also failed to find touch from penalties multiple times this year.

Our restarts are terrible, Tighe from the kick off and Coote from in-goal, both have poor boots just not up to NRL standard.

Our backline is amongst the least fluent in the NRL. Kingston from dummy half aside, our play makers Coote, Walsh, Iosefa and Burns have an inability to throw a flat ball onto the chest of an outside back running at pace. Our backline moves resemble an L plater learning manual. They're specials for suicide balls too, both flat balls at the line to players about to get creamed or floaters to backs so that they can get creamed. Lewis is the only one who can throw a decent ball.

With the exception of Gordon, our outside backs coming from our own end are getting snapped up by the marker defense for minimal gain. The rules have changed, marker defenders get more leeway this season and it's like we haven't noticed.

On the left side of our defense Simmons and Jennings are on completely different wave lengths.

Some of our big guns are playing very poorly. Coote has the Morris disease and Lewis has become the biggest crab in the NRL. Waterhouse is always up for multiple penalties whether he's guilty or not, and Jennings has caught his disease. These two need to take the safe option for a couple of months and try and get themselves off the refs radars. Jennings needs to get his hands in order too, and Waterhouse has become pedestrian.

We also lack pace, I don't know about Simmons and Jennings is an obvious exception, but Gordon, Kingston, Tighe and Coote are deceptively slow.

All in all I think Elliott's departure is inevitable, and if he goes now it may save us a pointless season.

Latest posts