What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R7 | ANZAC Day | Storm 14-18 Warriors | AAMI

R7: MEL v WAR

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Good game from both sides IMO with great defence...Warriors deserved the win on the back of strong games from Packer, Rapira and Mateo which set the platform.

Inu was composed tonight and took the high balls easily...well done.

Storm were a bit frustrating...I question the ploy of grubbering on the last tackle in the early stages of the game and a couple of times Widdop did not offer an option on the last tackle and left it to Cronk to kick for territory. Widdop needs to get a kicking game to take that pressure off Smith and Cronk IMO.

Anthony Quinn..when he has a schocker he has a shocker !!. Contested high balls are his weakness and Warriors pinpointed this well.

Storm are also short of a geniune big man in the forwards as well...they need someone like Packer to take the pressure off Norrie and Woolnough. Jaiman Lowe offers minimal.

innsaneink

Referee
Geez it was frustrating ''seeing'' Melb make massive metres down the left short side time after time ....just wish the producer wouldve actually instructed the cameras to show us why that short side was so vulnerable
Great game though, very entertaining

LESStar58

Referee
Can someone please explain to me (as I don't have sports ears) how the hell Michael Luck was awarded that try? Did the ref rule Cronk played at the ball when he tackled the player putting Luck onside and giving him carte blance to dive on the loose ball?

Top game despite the result. Build up was brilliant. Almost beats preparation and build up for an Origin for mine.

LESStar58

Referee
Hopefully some of the fumbleball fans who wandered over for a look will be back again.
Love when these two teams play.Always a brutal hard defensive game.
Loved it,& as a neutral i was on the edge of my seat.
Well done.

There were a few there, mate believe you and me.

innsaneink

Referee
Can someone please explain to me (as I don't have sports ears) how the hell Michael Luck was awarded that try? Did the ref rule Cronk played at the ball when he tackled the player putting Luck onside and giving him carte blance to dive on the loose ball?

Top game despite the result. Build up was brilliant. Almost beats preparation and build up for an Origin for mine.
Yes
I thought it was Quinn, but Melb player was last to play at the ball thus Luck not offside despite being in front of that play

LESStar58

Referee
Figured as much. It had me scratching my head as I was sitting down the opposite end of the ground. That's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. Cheers.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Well that's a nice surprise to come home to. Dragons winning and Melbourne losing on the same day makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, as its the closest we generally get to beating the bastards ourselves. :p

armchaircritic

Juniors
Just got home from the game. What win!!! Inu was our MOM tonight. Nothing like rubbing it into bitter storm fans on the way home.

Expected the storm to score just before half time. But our d was solid. As a warriors supporter abroad you cherish these wins

ironhorse

Juniors
Awesome game ! Really enjoyed it,props to both teams Esp Inu and Slater .Why that is not on FTA is beyond me ...its a real Anzac match none of this collingwood crap .

hitman82

Bench
Billy the Skid got warned for a feet first tackle... yet again. Anyone know if he's on report? Man he's a nasty little piece of work.

Noa

First Grade
Good win by the Warriors

Capitilsed on our errors then had the defence to hold us out.

Would have liked to have seen Gareth get more ball, but Cooper and Billy were too busy playing 2 man football.

Also Duff your 6'4' and a high jump champoin, jump up straight and stick your fking arms above your head.

Latest posts