What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R7 | Easter Sat | Sharks 12-30 Cowboys | Toyota

R7: CRO v NQL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
I heard it too ... commentators are bloody cats :roll:

Yeah, I rewound it and you can clearly hear one of them meow.

It's just as the try is awarded by the VR in the 43rd minute for those interested! More entertaining than the game.

Sleep

Juniors
I backed the Sharks too because of the Cowboys usual travel woes. Cronulla have had the injury worries but they're just a rabble. No spark in attack.

beave

Coach
Cowboys just keep on trucking. Good stuff!!!! Once our attack clicks we will be hard to beat............

hey beave

It was a excellent performance from the Cowboys despite conceding early penalties defensively they held on and had a kicking plan in mind which was well executed. By those 2 tries in the 2nd half was not acceptable they turn off in the last 10 mins which is not on. Overall, I'm happy for the result feel sorry for the Sharkies. Manly is going to be the biggest test to date next week at home.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Credit to the Cowboys. 5 wins from 7 already equalling last season's tally. I must admit I didn't expect such a big turnaround.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
That was a very well controlled performance from North Queensland. I saw the game from the 25th minute so missed the early exchanges, but from that point on it was disciplined stuff.

Put simply, the kicking game tonight was exquisite. All of Thurston, Thompson and Bowen showed tremendous patience and accuracy with their kicks and it was backed up by a good chases from the outside backs. Winterstein has strengthened in this area and I like him in the centres at present. It's nice to have the variety in the kicking department, even Payne was contributing nicely.

The forward pack easily handled the much vaunted Sharks outfit. NQ rightly needed to earn some respect from other clubs after the past few seasons, and they are acquitting themselves extremely well. I love the balance, each knows his role well. Further to this, they are all in peak condition. Seems the replacement of Billy Johnstone may have been the right move by the club. That or they are a group of individuals who take their own personal fitness very seriously. Paul Gallen will be having nightmares about Tariq Sims.

Of course, Cronulla were severely understrength tonight. A point I'm sure Neil Henry will not miss. But a win like that will do wonders for the confidence of the club to travel Sydney and get the win, and have clubs paying our forward pack a lot of respect.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Wait for the Cowboys to hit Dragons and Manly...reality check IMO.

Poor form there KOS.

Not sure exactly who you think needs a reality check. Certainly not NQ supporters. Everyone who supports the side that I come across is just happy to have a team that is giving one hundred per cent and working well as a unit. A stark contrast to seasons past.

I look forward to seeing you in the threads for those matches should this vastly improved Cowboys side come up trumps in those matches.

Poor form there KOS.

Not sure exactly who you think needs a reality check. Certainly not NQ supporters. Everyone who supports the side that I come across is just happy to have a team that is giving one hundred per cent and working well as a unit. A stark contrast to seasons past.

I look forward to seeing you in the threads for those matches should this vastly improved Cowboys side come up trumps in those matches.

I just think that they wont be able to match it with the Dragons or Manly teams who play a good structured game.

Good luck to them though...Dallas Johnson is a gun.

Jason Maher

Immortal
As I said in another thread, the Cowboys are the real deal. That hammering at home by Newcastle obviously was the kick up the arse they needed.

Shorty

Staff member
I just think that they wont be able to match it with the Dragons or Manly teams who play a good structured game.

Good luck to them though...Dallas Johnson is a gun.
I understand the Dragons, but Manly?
To be completely honest I think you've gone to put Melb but realised Cows have played them and had to come up with another candidate:lol:

Whatever, it's not like we ever get rated, and it's not like we really deserve it either but we're 5-2 and I think short of actually winning the grand final people are going to expect a crumble.