What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R8 | Sat | Titans 24-13 Roosters | Skilled

R8: GCO v SYD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
Just on the play the ball penalties, I think they got those ones they penalised 100% right.
But surely the Titans are not the only team in the whole comp who have moved off the mark in the past 2 weeks.

Titanic

First Grade
What a strange comment to make by a supporter of the losing team to the supporters of the winning team. :lol:

The authors moniker besthalfbackpearce says it all - has to be a gee-up.

Just on the play the ball penalties, I think they got those ones they penalised 100% right.
But surely the Titans are not the only team in the whole comp who have moved off the mark in the past 2 weeks.

Yep, we were shocking but we weren't alone.

Gaba

First Grade
how many other halfbacks who been in the nrl for 5 years and havent shown signs of improvement and predictable remain in the nrl.

surely the roosters must have back up halfbacks

Last edited:

Tweed Titan

Bench
Despite being sexually assaulted by the referees as usual we hang in there and get a big win. Still not too optimistic but it was a gutsy performance seeing though we were up against 15.

Eelectrica

Referee
Refs were damn frustating with their bogus penalties to the Roosters.
I don't think it's much of a spoiler to say neither team is going to this years Grand Final though.

If the roosters want to get there season back on track, give Todd carney a case of beer and say all is forgiven.

adamkungl

Immortal
f**king pea hearts. For once we get the rub of the green, and they still manage to fail. fmd.

Jono1987

Juniors
I love that Pearce can not be criticised on Fox.

It's hilarious.

Not saying he was to blame for tonight.

f**king Roosters were my 'upset' tip this week...

Coaster

Bench
I am glad to read some comments on here about the refs. I wasn't sure if my bias was skewing my judgement, we mist have ran over Harrigans dog or something. There is a blitz against us this year to I guess stop our speed in the ruck, or something. It is frustrating to watch.

Technically the penalties are correct, but they are called 50/50 calls and they are always against us this year. And we don't get the same calls when the other team infringes.
Last week against parra, there was at least 4 times they walked off the mark after we had been pulled up, and nothing.
Last night it happened twice.
We got 7-0 penalties against the cowboys in the first 20 min
We got to run for 1 tackle in first 15 min against tigers
We had the most bizarre call against STG after the ref took out our fullback

It is happening every week, but if we say something while losing we sound like whingers

no name

Coach
watching the Storm Knights game got me wondering why Ryan James' VR try was given back to refs call. It was more than likely a no try but the video was inconclusive, as it was in Cronk's case.

Coaster

Bench
We have had at least 6 tries this year disallowed in so called 50/50 desisions. There is a push against us this year from the refs. I wasn't certain until last night, I have no doubt now

no name

Coach
I don't know if they are 'out to get' the Titans but some of the calls have been frustrating. (Prince is somehow unable to pass the last pass backwards leading to a try)
I'm sure those calls will go the Titans way soon enough.
Especially if they start playing the ball on the mark!

Tweed Titan

Bench
I am glad to read some comments on here about the refs. I wasn't sure if my bias was skewing my judgement, we mist have ran over Harrigans dog or something. There is a blitz against us this year to I guess stop our speed in the ruck, or something. It is frustrating to watch.

Technically the penalties are correct, but they are called 50/50 calls and they are always against us this year. And we don't get the same calls when the other team infringes.
Last week against parra, there was at least 4 times they walked off the mark after we had been pulled up, and nothing.
Last night it happened twice.
We got 7-0 penalties against the cowboys in the first 20 min
We got to run for 1 tackle in first 15 min against tigers
We had the most bizarre call against STG after the ref took out our fullback

It is happening every week, but if we say something while losing we sound like whingers

I'm glad I am not the only one thinking this. It seems like every 50/50 goes against us and the Broncos get every call in their favour.

The blatant Roosters forward passes from dummy half and in Ryan James's try, what happened to benefit of the doubt? IMO you couldn't say either way so it should be BOTD. He did lose the ball, then regained it before anyone else touched it then the rest of the footage is inconclusive. Refs are pricks.