What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | R9 | Sun | Dragons 22-8 Cowboys | WIN Jubilee

R9: STG v NQL

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
This will be an awesome victory for the Dragons.

Lap it up Dragons fans, this truly is one of your greatest victories of all time.

Jason Maher

Immortal
f**king pumped to win that one. Now hopefully we can somehow back it up against a well-rested Dogs team on Friday night. We have the bye in round 11, thank f**k.

BunniesMan

Immortal
OK, own up - you are really Bunniesman or Boncos2010 using that user name.
Why bring me up when I'm on record saying he should be a certainty (if fit) to be picked for NSW and that if he isn't picked the selectors are insane and should be sacked.

Soward gives me the shits but there's no doubting he should play Origin.

And I resent someone accusing me of being that dickhead. How ironic is it that a guy who thinks Pearce is the best halfback on the planet thinks Soward is a nuffy.

Soward > Pearce.

Now that's more than enough nice things said about the Dragons by me to last me a decade. To balance it out: Dragons are poo poo heads. And dumb, dumb too. Being called "St George Dragons" is beyond stupid. St George was a dragon hunter, it would be like being called the Kryptonite Supermans. MAKES NO SENSE.

Hallatia

Referee
If ever there was a dragons game that was pretty to watch, its this one
Only the first half, the second half was a snoozefest of epic proportions, it was an effort staying awake for most of it (most of the second half that is)

Jason Maher

Immortal
We had the game won at half time. Absolutely no point in expending too much effort in the second half when we're playing the Dogs, who are coming off the bye, on Friday night. We can defend on autopilot, so we did.

Big Pete

Referee
That Morris intercept was the game. If the kick goes through and the Cows score it would have been a different game.

Instead the Drags rode the momentum and just rode the game out. Well deserved.

Congratulations to the Dragons Cowboys still have a long way to go to be a top team but there's no shame losing to the best team in the competition.

nko11

Juniors
Dragons look fantastic. I rate that (win) up there with the best we've had the past 3 seasons. Lots of players out (in key positions) and we still manage to play the same consistent game plan that we have for the the first 8 rounds.

Hutty1986

Immortal
What a fantastic win with an understrength side. They are a class act, this Cows side. Your two front rowers are class, that Tamou is a great young prospect and Scott is just about the best front rower on the planet atm. I rate that win as one of our finest

Ianc

Juniors
I don't think we played anywhere near our best today.

Having said that, the Dragons showed why they are the bench mark club. Very clinical display. They defended like champions & waited for our mistakes/penalties.

I'm pleased at the progress we are making but we still have a long way to go.

Well done Dragons!

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I don't think we played anywhere near our best today.
The second half was a write-off for both teams once it was 22-2, as we were never going to lose from there.

But in the first half, I think the Cowboys virtually played close to their best ability .. completed 17/19, forced 3 line drop-outs, had something like 55% possesion and 60% field position.

And yet were still behind on the scoreboard 18-2 at the break.

But no shame in losing to the best .. just like Brisbane losing last night to Melbourne.