What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | VB Test | Fri | Australia 20-10 New Zealand | Skilled

TEST: AUS v NZL

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
Creagh? Cronk? Idris on the bench?

I would have thought the last few years would have stopped the selectors from picking their favourites because Australia would win anyway. I was wrong. Part of me hopes Australia loses to stop them from making sh!t selections.

Me too.

If New Zealand win this they will deserve it because they pick a team that they think has the best chance of winning, whereas Australia's selections are always political. Having two backs on the bench is downright stupid.

It's just like Origin - Qld pick a team they think can win, NSW have a mess with no-one sure who is in charge and people leaning towards their favourites. At least this year Ricky looks like he has got the say and that muppet Daley is out of the way - he's the worst "favourites" selector.

Meth

Staff member
If New Zealand win this they will deserve it because they pick a team that they think has the best chance of winning, whereas Australia's selections are always political.

NZ haven't really picked a great team for this game

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
NZ haven't really picked a great team for this game
Whether everyone else thinks it's a great team I don't think is the point. The point is that they get on with picking the team that they think is best chance of winning whilst Australia f**k about playing all sorts of games: "well, if we have an all QLD backline then we have to pick some blues in the pack" etc etc.

This happens mainly because f**king QLD act like little bitches when a whole bunch of NSW players get picked.

Meth

Staff member
Whether everyone else thinks it's a great team I don't think is the point. The point is that they get on with picking the team that they think is best chance of winning whilst Australia f**k about playing all sorts of games: "well, if we have an all QLD backline then we have to pick some blues in the pack" etc etc.

This happens mainly because f**king QLD act like little bitches when a whole bunch of NSW players get picked.

I'm not really sure what your point is, to be honest.

NSW are lucky to have more than just Gallen in the side

Meth

Staff member
I've got no idea how McKendry and Eastwood are in the NZ team

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
I'm not really sure what your point is, to be honest.

NSW are lucky to have more than just Gallen in the side
I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about historically.

Qld players basically caused a revolution in 1985 when they abused their own Australian coach on a tour of NZ, because Terry Fearnley had the audacity to drop Qlders.

Ever since then the Aussie team selection has been political.

And you're right, NSW are lucky to have more than one or two players in the side. The only reason Idris is on the bench is to get another blue jersey on there.

Meth

Staff member
I'm not talking about now, I'm talking about historically.

Qld players basically caused a revolution in 1985 when they abused their own Australian coach on a tour of NZ, because Terry Fearnley had the audacity to drop Qlders.

Ever since then the Aussie team selection has been political.

And you're right, NSW are lucky to have more than one or two players in the side. The only reason Idris is on the bench is to get another blue jersey on there.

ok, I get you now

NZ haven't had the depth to generate as much controversy historically

Latest posts