What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'11 | Women in League R16 | Fri | Tigers 6-16 Bulldogs | Campbelltown

R16: WST v CBY

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Glad Miller has been named, he will carve up. Great player.

He looks excellent at Toyota Cup level, but so did Rob Lui Stevenson. While I have high hopes for Miller, I don't expect him to carve up straight away. As long as he's less erratic than Lui, that'll be enough for me!

I'm more concerned about the outside backs. Without Tuqiri, Lawrence and Tuiaki (still counts) + Daniela and Utai to a lesser extent, we have the worst 1-5 in the comp. It is testament to Marshall's brilliance that our backs score any tries at all.

BTW I can't see why people are tipping the Tigers? Although the Bulldogs' recent form has been average, they are back to a full squad and will be looking to make amends. On the other hand, the Tiges are in terrible form (surprisingly, last week was their best game in months) and have a host of injuries. It seems a no-brainer to me, Dogs 13+.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Wests Tigers v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Friday 24 June 2011, kickoff 7:30pm; Campbelltown Sports Stadium
TV: LIVE Channel 9 NSW/QLD; Live Radio: 2GB, ABC + Networks
Referees: Matt Cecchin and Alan Shortall; Touch Judges: David Abood and Adam Gee; Video Referee: Russell Smith

Tigers: 1. Wade McKinnon 2. Beau Ryan 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Tim Simona 5. Mitch Brown 6. Jacob Miller 7. Robert Lui 8. Bryce Gibbs 9. Robbie Farah © 10. Keith Galloway 11. Simon Dwyer 12. Gareth Ellis 13. Chris Heighington
Interchange: 14. Tim Moltzen 15. Liam Fulton 16. Aaron Woods 17. Andrew Fifita 18 Ben Murdoch-Masila
Bulldogs: 1.Ben Barba 2. Steve Turner 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Jonathan Wright 6. Kris Keating 7. Trent Hodkinson 8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis 10. Michael Hodgson 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Andrew Ryan [c] 13. David Stagg
Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Greg Eastwood 16. Corey Payne 17. Dene Halatau

NRL teams: http://leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=21399

hybrid_tiger

Coach
He looks excellent at Toyota Cup level, but so did Rob Lui Stevenson. While I have high hopes for Miller, I don't expect him to carve up straight away. As long as he's less erratic than Lui, that'll be enough for me!

I'm more concerned about the outside backs. Without Tuqiri, Lawrence and Tuiaki (still counts) + Daniela and Utai to a lesser extent, we have the worst 1-5 in the comp. It is testament to Marshall's brilliance that our backs score any tries at all.

I like Lui, but Miller has confidence beyond his years, and has already showed it in FG (albeit in a limited time).

gronkathon

First Grade
I really see the Dogs winning.

Checcin bends us over in a criminal fashion at least once a season and the fact he is the senior reff is a worry.

Hodkinson brings some patience and direction with a great tactical kicking game.

Pritchard will be running at Dwyer and Lui most of the game and offloading to Barba while Lui looks confused and Dwyer is shirt grabbing whilst all the time the Crumbletown faithful pound the pub about his one great hit in last years semis.

Sheens will probably pull his usual and Moltzen will start despite being directionless dogshit last week.

The sheer effort of Heighno, Ellis and Galloway should ensure it isn't a pasting.

Hopefully Miller starts and really shows his class or we are in serious trouble

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
really 50/50 on this. im glad miller is playing but i dont expect miracles from him. though at least we know he wont dog it like lui or moltzen do.

Sleep

Juniors
He's a good player. Given what a hot mess the Eels backline is I still can't believe they let him go.