What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 1st PF | Fri | Storm 40-12 Sea Eagles | AAMI

Preliminary Final result: Storm v Sea Eagles

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

azza29

Juniors
Ryles' exclusion won't do Manly any favours.

He is a liability.

Fa'aoso was a gun against Souths, if he can put in a decent performance against his future club I don't think we'll miss Ryles too much.

Tough break for Ryles though, he's been a solid performer all year and has to miss out on the business end.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
In lieu of the move of the Toyota Cup Prelims to the double header in Sydney, this match has been scheduled for those attending AAMI Park tonight:

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-display/Inaugural-Mahe-Fonua-trophy/64146

Fans will have the chance this weekend prior to the Preliminary final to experience local rugby league as Hallam Secondary College and Victoria University Secondary College, play for the inaugural Mahe Fonua trophy.
The trophy, named after the first born and bred Victorian Melbourne Storm player Mahe Fonua, will be testament to the development of the game of Rugby League in the state of Victoria.
Mahe Fonua made his debut in round 23 against Gold Coast Titans and scored his first NRL try in the Qualifying Final earlier this month.
With a crowd of over 20,000 expected, it will be a great opportunity for these two teams to play in front of a large crowd and experience what it’s like to play on the main stage. Both teams include several Melbourne Storm SG Ball players who are currently coming through the Melbourne Storm development pathway.
Hallam Secondary College v Victoria University Secondary College
Friday 21 September, AAMI Park
Kick-off 5:15pm (gates open at 5:00pm)

Canard

Immortal
Got my tickets.

Row X in the top tier (Im not kidding). I hope that means there is a good crowd, but Id say I can just wander down and sit in a better spot after kick off.

Amazing that the biggest game of League in the nation is in Melbourne tonight, and the biggest game of Aussie Rules is in Sydney? Bizzaro world?

Grapple

Bench
Got my tickets.

Row X in the top tier (Im not kidding). I hope that means there is a good crowd, but Id say I can just wander down and sit in a better spot after kick off.

Amazing that the biggest game of League in the nation is in Melbourne tonight, and the biggest game of Aussie Rules is in Sydney? Bizzaro world?

I sat about 3 rows down from the top there and it's not too bad. You get to see a better view of back line moves and can pretty much see the whole game, but it's a bit uncomfortable.

Canard

Immortal
I actually prefer the top tier, at AAMI especially its a fantastic view of the whole field, and critically for Melbourne its covered by a roof.

Im always amazed that its more expensive to sit down on the first tier, when the view is less than ideal and in the pissing rain.

Grapple

Bench
I actually prefer the top tier, at AAMI especially its a fantastic view of the whole field, and critically for Melbourne its covered by a roof.

Im always amazed that its more expensive to sit down on the first tier, when the view is less than ideal and in the pissing rain.

Yeah, I saw Dragons play the Storm there back when Saints had an exciting left side attack and it was cool to get a good view of their attacking structure, sitting up high.

I recently sat behind the goalposts (free tickets) for the Cronulla v Storm Monday night game and it was still a decent view. AAMI is one of the best stadiums around, pretty much wherever you sit it's decent and good public transportation to and from the ground.

azza29

Juniors
Very few bad seats at AAMI - furthest up I've sat is row Y and even that was pretty decent, starting to feel the distance from the field though. My regular seat throughout the season is in row M in the Eastern stand, fantastic view.

Cheaped out for a GA ticket tonight, will be wanting to be there early I reckon...

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Pretty good way to tell early if the storm will win. If Hoffman puts down a short ball from Cronk at the line and/or the no look pass back to Slater on the inside gets called forward or is dropped then they are in for a tough night (stupid penalties in the play the ball, even though ryles isn't there to commit one as soon as he comes on, knock ons, sloppy passes and uncharacterstic stuff).

Evenflow

Bench
After on/off rain throughout the day and although there's still a bit of cloud around there's no rain on the radar ATM so i reckon it'll stay away. Also very little wind around so should be a great night for footy.

Now time to f**k off and get in there. Go Storm!!!

BunniesMan

Immortal
Sydney pride! NSW Pride! That is what is at stake tonight. Go Manly! Kick out the last remaining foreign team out of the comp. Ensure this is an all Sydney GF. I'm a Sea Eagle for the night. Stick it right up the mexican cheats.