What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 2nd PF | Sat | Bulldogs 32-8 Rabbitohs | ANZ

Preliminary Final result: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranVan3000

Coach
Simple equation - Reynolds is the key for Souths.

Souths 8-4 with him, 0-28 without him.

Reynolds yes, but also Luke. We effectively lost two players when Reynolds got injured

That said, we never should have conceded 28 points

bottle

Coach
Doing your Masters in Criminology now?

Can someone please keep a log of lies for me, I'm lost. Since when did Coogee have a uni, and how is it 500 kms from Homebush? Or are we back to the Coffs Harbour sceanario? Thought he'd already graduated and was on the beat (lol).

It's a litany to be sure, and it's too complicated for me to decipher.

Galeforce

Bench
Bulldogs too good with minimal mistakes.
Can only wonder how the game would have gone if Reynolds had not got injured.At least that dream remains positive.

Proud of the team , especially the forwards they gave it all. Reynolds great season and got injured in style making and finishing a great play!

Bumble

First Grade
Reynolds wouldn't have made a 20 point difference

Idk, we got down your end a lot, the forwards were very good - and then how many times did we either not even get to a kick on the last tackle inside the Dogs' 20m, or kick it straight to Barba?

I don't know if we would've won either but the scoreline certainly doesn't blow out like that. Anyway, gl next week.

Red Bear

Referee
Watched the game this morning, was in transit after Tough Mudder yesterday and by the time I got hom too knackered to watch the footy.

Bulldogs deserved winners in the end, played strong through the middle then killed them out wide.

Losing Adam Reynolds though made a huge difference on the game, although Souths should've already capitalised on the possesion they had. It was a shame he got injured, threw their game as it upset how Issac Luke was playing - which was the whole reason they were on top.

The call for the Josh Morris 'Block' was one of the softest I have seen, Souths were very fortunate to get the shot at goal there.

The two penalties against before half time were also shockers, changed the momentum of the game. Nothing he could in the potential 8 point try call, charging over in defence and couldnt exactly stop in that instance, and then the 'high tackle' hit him across the chest.

Dave Taylor and Glenn Stewart could have a showdown for 'worst finals series.'

Sam Burgess is one hell of a player, outstanding again last night.

As long as they stay hungry Souths will be competitive next year again.

Bulldogs huge chance of winning next week, although I thought there were real signs of their issues when Souths were on top - namely Keating and Reynolds are nothing special at all. Melbourne are very good and have more of a killer punch than Souths do. Should be a very good grand final, even if I dont like one team and cant stand the other. Hope someone flattens Michael Ennis though!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I thought we still defended well when Reynolds was on the park, kept it to 8-4 to that point and arguably should've been 6-4.

We were also consistently carving up down the Merritt wing, so there was always something to be done there.

I think the Round 13 was probably representative of how these two teams compare at relatively full strength, but I'm glad we got home last night.

Red Bear

Referee
I thought we still defended well when Reynolds was on the park, kept it to 8-4 to that point and arguably should've been 6-4.

We were also consistently carving up down the Merritt wing, so there was always something to be done there.

I think the Round 13 was probably representative of how these two teams compare at relatively full strength, but I'm glad we got home last night.
Definately, I was watching thinking Souths are on top but they need to get over for that second try, and they never did, and the rest as they say is history

0neye

40813.jpg