What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | AAMI CvC | Sun | Country 22-24 City | Mudgee

AAMI Country v City Origin result: COU v CIT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2010Dragons

Bench
This game is a waste of bloody time and effort. Meanless game with no value to any NRL team.
Only good to come out of this game is no injuries to players.
Only bad to come out of this games is injuries to many players.
How many teams are going to lose vital key players to injuries after this game?

Bretto

Bench
There has been a number of players who had spots already pull out with "injuries". Probably at least 5 off the top of my head, which means they have to bring in second and third tier players to replace them, who are actually then about 5th tier Origin players. Honestly, what's the point when you have the backups of the backups playing for CvC, who are the backups of the backups of the backups for Origin, who were never going to get a shot at Origin to begin with?

It's about as daft as playing a one off game against NZ in April. All that can come of it is injuries to key Origin players.

no name

Coach
No one will ever take it seriously until they get rid of the mid season test, order of rep games should go City v Country, the best players from that should then be picked for Origin(NSW), from Origin the Test team should be picked.
The organisers wonder why no one takes it seriously, it's the f**ked up schedule that we have.

aussies1st

Staff member
Jeez not much wing depth looking at the wingers picked. Ferguson looks the best of the lot.

This game is a waste of bloody time and effort. Meanless game with no value to any NRL team.
Only good to come out of this game is no injuries to players.
Only bad to come out of this games is injuries to many players.
How many teams are going to lose vital key players to injuries after this game?
OMG are you serious? No benefit to any NRL team? There should be a Royal Commission into this. How can anything be done in RL that isn't clearly and directly beneficial to NRL clubs?

Spot On

Coach
There has been a number of players who had spots already pull out with "injuries". Probably at least 5 off the top of my head, which means they have to bring in second and third tier players to replace them, who are actually then about 5th tier Origin players. Honestly, what's the point when you have the backups of the backups playing for CvC, who are the backups of the backups of the backups for Origin, who were never going to get a shot at Origin to begin with?

It's about as daft as playing a one off game against NZ in April. All that can come of it is injuries to key Origin players.

There is absolutely no point. Piss this fixture off for good.

Clearly there is a point. It's just that if you're a backwward, ignorant, Sydney-centric, merkin who deosn't care about the survival and strength of country football and don't want NRL clubs to have a talent pool that currently out-numbers Sydney (and basically every other market except Qld) at its disposal in the future, then you won't understand it.

Spot On

Coach
Clearly there is a point. It's just that if you're a backwward, ignorant, Sydney-centric, merkin who deosn't care about the survival and strength of country football and don't want NRL clubs to have a talent pool that currently out-numbers Sydney (and basically every other market except Qld) at its disposal in the future, then you won't understand it.

Please explain it to us all genius. This game has been going for eons and country league is farked. This game will not save it. The IC is the only organisation that can and will help to fix and save league in the country.

This game, if used as an advertisement for league in the bush, would be fine. It is advertised as a trial for Origin which it is not.

Last edited:
Show me where it is "advertised as an Origin trial". I can show where it is most definitely advertsied as a promotion for country league... and guess where this promotion occurs... in the country! Crazy idea I know.

And as for the laughably backward logic that City/Country has been played for years and country football is struggling, therefore this game is worthless, how much more is it going to struggle when you scrap the one and only event per year that not only injects tens of thousands of dollars into country football but gains it national exposure worth even more than that? I seriously wonder if Sydney needs to bring in involuntary euthanasia to thin the herd based on the stupidity of some people there.

Spot On

Coach
Show me where it is "advertised as an Origin trial". I can show where it is most definitely advertsied as a promotion for country league... and guess where this promotion occurs... in the country! Crazy idea I know.

And as for the laughably backward logic that City/Country has been played for years and country football is struggling, therefore this game is worthless, how much more is it going to struggle when you scrap the one and only event per year that not only injects tens of thousands of dollars into country football but gains it national exposure worth even more than that? I seriously wonder if Sydney needs to bring in involuntary euthanasia to thin the herd based on the stupidity of some people there.

1. I don't live in the city genius. I have seen zero advertisement for the game.

2.The main "advertisement" for this game so far had been the amount of players that have had to pull out through "injury". The bloke I have seen talk most about this game is Ricky Stuart. What does he have to do with it? Nothing.

3. This game means little to the clubs and the players as they are publicly saying they don't think some of their players should be participating ie Wayne Bennett and Buderus as an example.

4. This game is meaningless to most of the rugby league supporters in NSW. Granted there will be fans at the game especially little kiddies who will get to see their heroes play.

5. This game will have no significant effect on the dollars and spending going into group comps around NSW.

Last edited:
You have no f**king idea what you are talking about. Do you know how much money this makes for the CRL? Do you know how the CRL spends the money. Do you know what other benefits it brings to the host regions? I don't even have to know who the f**k you are to know you have no idea about any of this, because anybody who is actually heavily involved in country football will know what a load of shit everything you say is. Your ignorance is so blatant and the funny thing is you can't even see it. But then again that's what ignorance is.

Spot On

Coach
You have no f**king idea what you are talking about. Do you know how much money this makes for the CRL? Do you know how the CRL spends the money. Do you know what other benefits it brings to the host regions? I don't even have to know who the f**k you are to know you have no idea about any of this, because anybody who is actually heavily involved in country football will know what a load of shit everything you say is. Your ignorance is so blatant and the funny thing is you can't even see it. But then again that's what ignorance is.

Outline the figures please then we can all have the knowledge that you do.

If I had an ARL annual report in front of me right now I would. But I can guarantee you the CRL has more juniors and seniors than the NSWRL and has done year on year. Yet no one carries on about the NSWRL and how badly run it is. No one slanders the blokes running it or calls for the ARLC to clean the place out. Here's another fact for you - the NSWRL is broke. Flat broke. The CRL is not. Yet all we hear is how the CRL is shit and some f**kwits in Sydney need to swoop in and sort them out - I can only assume these are the same people who can't run a solvent league in Sydney and can't attract the senior or juniors players the CRL does every year. If people really want the CRL to be broke and lose its senior and junior numbers then by all means kill off City/Country. The NRL clubs will be the ones who pay in the long run, both financially and otherwise.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Some great assumptions you've made Spot On... oh who am I kidding.

A bunch of ridiculous generalisations based on a couple of media articles.

Country v City is a very meaningful game to a lot of people, regardless of what you think of it. It may not even mean much in the course of State of Origin selection but it still has relevance to league in rural areas and is a great money spinner for the host town each year.