What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | AAMI CvC | Sun | Country 22-24 City | Mudgee

AAMI Country v City Origin result: COU v CIT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Taken?

Read again. Based on.

There have been two or three "debates" between journos in the papers over the last few days where each side has said why or why not we should can or keep CvC.

Some of your generalisations are hilarious and are along the same lines as the claptrap those journos have come up with. You clearly have no concept of the CRL or how it works.

Patorick

Staff member
Go tell Alan Tongue or Preston Campbell that City v Country means nothing.

To a lot of players, this is as far as rep footy will take them.

Not too mention all the country people who watch their best players move to the cities each year. That is how it will always be,. CvC goes towards giving something back to the game where it needs it.

Hope it continues past this year.

Spot On

Coach
Taken?

Read again. Based on.

There have been two or three "debates" between journos in the papers over the last few days where each side has said why or why not we should can or keep CvC.

Some of your generalisations are hilarious and are along the same lines as the claptrap those journos have come up with. You clearly have no concept of the CRL or how it works.

Who wrote the articles (whoops, let's not get confused here - "debates") you are referring to Timmah?

Many thanks for your lesson in semantics Timmah. That text in bold is a good laugh though. The CRL is a basket case. I'm sure they appreciate your support though. The quicker this fixture is dumped the better.

Last edited:
You have shown you know nothing about the CRL. The fact that geniuss like you call for the axing of City/Country only makes it seem even more sensible and relevant.

Spot On

Coach
Yes I suppose my opinion means about as much as yours. If this game is treated like as a true Origin trial then I will see some relevance to its inclusion on the calendar.

Spot On

Coach
Go tell Alan Tongue or Preston Campbell that City v Country means nothing.

To a lot of players, this is as far as rep footy will take them.

Not too mention all the country people who watch their best players move to the cities each year. That is how it will always be,. CvC goes towards giving something back to the game where it needs it.

Hope it continues past this year.

I think the withdrawal of many players so far this year and in previous years (Matt Cooper x 6 is it????) suggests that just as many don't care about it this day and age.

Yes I suppose my opinion means about as much as yours. If this game is treated like as a true Origin trial then I will see some relevance to its inclusion on the calendar.
Lucky then that your opinion counts for absolutly f**k all doesn't it. The people running the game see its relevance. The fact that you don't is more of a comment on your ignorance and stupidity than anything else. There will be thousands of proper country people there who will love the chance to see a game like this, countless kids and other fans who will get to meet players and plenty of money raised to support country football. I can understabnd why a miserable no-mark like yiou would be happy to see all of that done away with because that's the kind of merkin you have shown yourself to be. Fortunately your opinion is as significant as your IQ.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't believe this game should have any bearing on Origin. I'm sorry but City/Country just can't match Origin footy and it's resulted in some very silly decisions.

It should be an advertisement for Country footy. It should celebrate CRL and how it's helped developed some of the game's most amazing players & essentially be a pre-season charity game when fans are dying for some football.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well i look forward to the game as always.

And course it is a trial for some.

Yeah sure the majority of spots are taken, as always some blokes have a chance to enhance thier name, and others can play themselves out of the team.

Go City, give to the pumpkins, then the even bigger banjo lovers the maroons.

Spot On

Coach
I don't believe this game should have any bearing on Origin. I'm sorry but City/Country just can't match Origin footy and it's resulted in some very silly decisions.

It should be an advertisement for Country footy. It should celebrate CRL and how it's helped developed some of the game's most amazing players & essentially be a pre-season charity game when fans are dying for some football.

Here here Pete.

Just wondering Pete, how would you feel if the QLDers had this nothing game and several of your beloved Broncs played and a couple suffered season ending injuries?? Would that be worth having a run in a nothing game? How would the club feel about losing a couple of players at the end of R7 of the NRL season?

Times have changed, players are on big money and clubs have to protect what little depth they have instead of letting their players run around in a mickey mouse game that has little impact on who will be chosen for NSW.

Those selectors from QLD are certainly amazing men. They seem to be able to pick a SOO squad every year without having the luxury of watching their potential squad in a like match! Just how do they do it????????

Well i look forward to the game as always.

And course it is a trial for some.

Yeah sure the majority of spots are taken, as always some blokes have a chance to enhance thier name, and others can play themselves out of the team.

Go City, give to the pumpkins, then the even bigger banjo lovers the maroons.

I like the game too.

I like it more when there are less Dragons in both teams. Represent, but not too many.

This game helps RL in rural areas.

Players that put in into this game, get back. Re: Dean Young, Dugan and others.

I don't think it helps NSW chances in the series, if anything it is a series leveler.

I still like it.

Technically City, but a lot of live for the Country.

I reckon it will be closer than people think.

Here here Pete.

Just wondering Pete, how would you feel if the QLDers had this nothing game and several of your beloved Broncs played and a couple suffered season ending injuries?? Would that be worth having a run in a nothing game? How would the club feel about losing a couple of players at the end of R7 of the NRL season?

Times have changed, players are on big money and clubs have to protect what little depth they have instead of letting their players run around in a mickey mouse game that has little impact on who will be chosen for NSW.

Those selectors from QLD are certainly amazing men. They seem to be able to pick a SOO squad every year without having the luxury of watching their potential squad in a like match! Just how do they do it????????
You are a f**king joke. You're trying to find support from another poster even thought that poster says the game is NOT an Origin trial and nor should it be, but it IS about celebrating country football. That's exactly the opposite of what you are saying you f**king genius. You're agreeing with someone who is contradicting you. f**k me there are some stupid people on this board but you have to right up there with the worst of them.

Spot On

Coach
Now now Terry. Settle down big boy. No need to go all bushy on me. Pete is a big boy who has no allegiance to anyone. He can look after himself and be forthright in his opinions without siding with others. He will tell it as he sees it. You should know that.

Has Danny Buderus recovered from his "injury" to take part in the game Terry. He's a country boy - Taree in fact - a bloke from the bush who made it good. He'd by busting himself to get right to run out in a nothing game wouldn't he?

Spot On

Coach
Read Pete's second sentence Terry. Another wonderful piece of praise for the city/country fixture and what it has become.

You still dont get it you geniused merkin. They could run out a team of reserve graders and it wouldn't matter. You are the only one obsessed by this game being an Origin trial. It's about the money and profile the game brings to country football and the chance it gives country people to see a profesisonal game in their backyward during the footy season. I know you want to deprive country football of money and deprive country people of the chance to see these games - but that's just because you're a f**kwit of massive proportions.

Spot On

Coach
No EastCoast, no-one wants to see anyone deprived but lots of people want to watch this match on TV - you know the hundreds of thousands of league fans who aren't at the game - knowing there is a point to it (not just a pat on the back for the bush). Knowing that the players are risking injury and clubs are risking their players because they are trying to impress selectors to be chosen on one performance to represent at the ultimate level - SOO.

My belief is that this is not and has not been an origin trial in the past and I can't see how anyone can argue against that. Therefore this game is being played as it has been part of tradition in RL and the powers that be haven't got around to extinguishing it yet. However times have changed and a lot of "tradition" in league has become obsolete as the game has become dependent TV ratings.

If a player like Todd Carney does a season ending knee injury in this game I would suggest his club and his clubs fans would be a little upset. They'd probably be f**king livid he had to play in this game and risk injury for no purpose. (Sharks fans, I sincerely hope that does not happen).

So f**k country football and f**k country people. That's your ethos.

What a merkin.

You still claim there is no purpose for this game.

IT RAISES MONEY AND INTEREST FOR THE SPORT IN THE BUSH.

Get it?

Oh but you don't want that. You want the CRL to have less money to support the game and you want it to have less profile to attract people.

If it was up to you there would be no football in the bush, no country players in the NRL and then no one to get injured. Problem solved.

Latest posts