What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | AAMI CvC | Sun | Country 22-24 City | Mudgee

AAMI Country v City Origin result: COU v CIT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yes they are boggerballer. If you want the City/Country game scrapped it means you want the CRL to have less revenue with which to support the game in the bush. It means you want less sponsors to be involved in country football. It means you want country people to miss out on seeing an elite level game in their own backyard. It means you don't want kids who get to play in the curtain raisers to have that opportunity. It means you don't want the host towns to receive the economic benefits the game brings. Basically it means you are a merkin.

Spot On

Coach
Yes Tezza, everyone wants to see every league supporter in the bush be stripped of anything to do with league. Is that your assumption?

Can't you read? I will say it again.

If you want the City/Country game scrapped it means you want the CRL to have less revenue with which to support the game in the bush. It means you want less sponsors to be involved in country football. It means you want country people to miss out on seeing an elite level game in their own backyard. It means you don't want kids who get to play in the curtain raisers to have that opportunity. It means you don't want the host towns to receive the economic benefits the game brings.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: What a pissweak troll you are Spot On.

Why don't you actually respond to ECT's post #100 instead of moving the goalposts every time he tears your ridiculous assertions to shreds?

Wait till I post the figures that show junior regos in the CRL have been increasing for years in complete contradiction to his baseless claims that they have been falling. If he had any credibility it would be all gone then.

Big Pete

Referee
You still dont get it you geniused merkin. They could run out a team of reserve graders and it wouldn't matter. You are the only one obsessed by this game being an Origin trial. It's about the money and profile the game brings to country football and the chance it gives country people to see a profesisonal game in their backyward during the footy season. I know you want to deprive country football of money and deprive country people of the chance to see these games - but that's just because you're a f**kwit of massive proportions.

Exactly right.

CRL needs all the support and appreciation it deserves. I believe clubs and the fans would be more supportive if it was in the pre-season as opposed to seven weeks into the competition.

Eventually if City/Country doesn't work out I'd love to see the All-Stars game become the alternative. At least that way, you wouldn't alienate supporters from outside of NSW.

typicalfan

Coach
This game was destined for the scrap heap the moment it was scheduled to be on delay after the Test on Friday nights. The problem is Channel 9 in some ways dictate how important this fixture is to people, just because it is treated like trash by them doesn't mean most players and the majority of supporters wouldn't like to see the game.

The game is partially an origin trial in other ways its a test to see how players perform in a higher intensity environment while giving back to the country. I love this fixture, so what if someone gets injured, it is part of the game just like trials, just like the Allstars. If preventing injury is the issue then why play Rugby League at all? Afterall Terry Campese would have better knees and Benji Marshall would have a better shoulder.

To me if someone stands out in this game on the weekend either Farah or Hinchcliffe I think they should put alot of pressure on Bedsy whose coach didn't want him playing.

Qld don't have a City v Country is an argument you hear as well. So what? In seasons past Qld had a small pool of players to choose from therefore the idea would be pointless and Qld have been more than competitive in that time so introducing it would also be pointless apart from bringing a game to the bush, if QLD struggled it may have become an option. NSW has a large pool of players that are all similarly talented.

I bet there are regional centres in Qld who would love a game like this in their area. It's actually one area in which NSW has it over Qld, but people choose not to see it that way.

typicalfan

Coach
I bet there are regional centres in Qld who would love a game like this in their area. It's actually one area in which NSW has it over Qld, but people choose not to see it that way.
Well a higher percentage of people live in rural QLD than rural NSW so you would think it would be common sense for QLD to do something for the regions there. QLD wouldn't do it out of fear losing one of their players to origin. Although it is going to sound awfully general Queenslanders live and die on origin football more than us Blues. We are probably more central between our club support and origin not to say QLD isn't passionate about that either. I could watch any game of football I could watch a Grand Final or Group 3 and find both enjoyable.

Spot On

Coach
:lol: What a pissweak troll you are Spot On.

Why don't you actually respond to ECT's post #100 instead of moving the goalposts every time he tears your ridiculous assertions to shreds?

Oh Timmah, you haven't responded to the question I asked of you yet. Go stick your head in the sand for a while boy.

Spot On

Coach
Exactly right.

CRL needs all the support and appreciation it deserves. I believe clubs and the fans would be more supportive if it was in the pre-season as opposed to seven weeks into the competition.

Eventually if City/Country doesn't work out I'd love to see the All-Stars game become the alternative. At least that way, you wouldn't alienate supporters from outside of NSW.

You believe the All Star game will continue to grow Pete?

Spot On

Coach
Well gents, we have certainly gone out of our way to do what the CRL hasn't done - promote the wonderful fixture that is City v Country. May all the players get through unscathed, may the gate takings be a bonanza for Terry and the crew and save league in the bush and may all the Victorians and merkins enjoy the game. I hope you have your tickets EA, just don't go around calling everyone at the ground a merkin if they don't support Country mate.

Spot On

Coach
We have tried our best to support this game EA. I mean, you and I have filled three pages up and really tried our best to create interest but the other supporters just don't wont to play. C'mon you blokes. Get in here and join us for a comprehensive analysis of the belter that is City v Country.

Hellooooooo

Helloooooooooooooooo

Timmah, you got your head out of the sand yet mate. Come back!

Latest posts