What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | AAMI CvC | Sun | Country 22-24 City | Mudgee

AAMI Country v City Origin result: COU v CIT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well gents, we have certainly gone out of our way to do what the CRL hasn't done - promote the wonderful fixture that is City v Country. May all the players get through unscathed, may the gate takings be a bonanza for Terry and the crew and save league in the bush and may all the Victorians and merkins enjoy the game. I hope you have your tickets EA, just don't go around calling everyone at the ground a merkin if they don't support Country mate.
You haven never ever gone out of your way to do anything positive for rugby league. The fact that you pull yourself off over Auskick shows precisely the kind of no-mark you are. According to you no one has any interest in this game so there won't be anyone at the ground. You're such an ignorant, deluded genius you'd probably claim any crowd there on Sunday was just there for the Auskick session being held after the game.

Don't worry Jock Colley has already spoken to John Grant about the future of CvC and it is 90% likely the game will remain. Spot On and his Auskick circle jerk society will be devo.

typicalfan

Coach
You haven never ever gone out of your way to do anything positive for rugby league. The fact that you pull yourself off over Auskick shows precisely the kind of no-mark you are. According to you no one has any interest in this game so there won't be anyone at the ground. You're such an ignorant, deluded genius you'd probably claim any crowd there on Sunday was just there for the Auskick session being held after the game.
They play AFL in Mudgee do they, my word they do a good job remaining hidden.

I heard a rumour that more people in Mudgee have heard of Ken Sutcliffe than AFL could it be true?

According to mongs like Spot On (his name should really be Couldn't Be More Wrong) Auskick is so popular people are falling over themselevs to "play" it. Meanwhile CRL junior numbers are on the slide, says this genius. I don't know about Mudgee but if it's anything like the rest of the Western Plains and Northern Inland there will be almost no VFL there and junior RL numbers will be very solid.

typicalfan

Coach
In it's current format? Probably not, but if they mix it up a couple of years it'll stand.

Essentially, the game will hit two birds with one stone.
I agree with you, especially while this game helps the indigenous community so much. The way this game promotes off field issues will mean this game should go on even if it ends up slightly different. It probably does more off the field than on it.

matrightyeh

Juniors
country easy
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

aqua_duck

Coach
Because we know what McManus can do

Gordon with better players around him could be anything

Sorry but Gordon has played about 4 games in the last 18 months.
McManus got owned by Inglis in his only match but really if you were to put a line through every NSW player that gets owned by G.I in origin then NSW would struggle to pick a team.

Everyone is bagging McManus but Wolfman and Turner were raped even worse by G.I, I'm talking prison style, no lube kind of rapage yet not many are bagging them out

McManus' form suggests he should be in line for an Origin spot. If he plays well tomorrow he will probably get it. Gordon was good before he suffered a knee injury and had a reconstruction. I can't see how he could be considered until he shows he can get back to that form at least. From what I've seen I think that injury has already taken the extra pace that made him so good.

StGeorgeBull

Juniors
Cheering for City. Expecting country bumpkins to win.city players are playing to get noticed for further selection.Country players are playing for that as well as actual pride in what theyre representing. bumpkins make a big deal about where they are from. Sydneysiders don't because we know we're from the best part of NSW.

Even if you only look at the Labor Party boundaries of NSW (Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong) Sydney still isn't the best part of "NSW".... unless drive-by-shootings are considered a good thing these days.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Oh Timmah, you haven't responded to the question I asked of you yet. Go stick your head in the sand for a while boy.

Which question?

Everything you've posted in this thread is highly questionable... ;-)

MSIH

Bench
Cheering for City. Expecting country bumpkins to win.city players are playing to get noticed for further selection.Country players are playing for that as well as actual pride in what theyre representing. bumpkins make a big deal about where they are from. Sydneysiders don't because we know we're from the best part of NSW.

What have you had for dinner the last week? I bet it didn't come from the "best part of NSW".

Sydneysiders don't care about City v Country because nothing can compare to the Mardi Gras.

thorson1987

Coach
Anyone calling for this game to get scrapped needs their head checked.

Yes City don't seem to care that much about it anymore but this game means alot to the country boys.

The one thing that stuffed this game around was having it on the same night as a test match.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Really looking forward to today. So many good battles - the frontrow, centres and halves in particular. And so many players to keep an eye on. The most interesting ones for me will be Douglas, Carney, Hayne, TLL, Merrin, Sims, Lawrence, Pearce, Mannah and Woods.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I don't agree with the assertion that City care less about this game, but that's just me.

gronkathon

First Grade
What have you had for dinner the last week? I bet it didn't come from the "best part of NSW".

Well everything except the potatos and I think carrots came from my local area around Luddenham. Part of the Sydney Basin.

I appreciate the question though