What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Heritage R5 | Sun | Tigers 16-17* Rabbitohs | Allianz

Heritage Round result: Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wibble

Bench
well ive calmed down after that.

we just arent a smart football team. benji is greatly exposed without a quality half. up by 12 with 6 to go, only the tigers could lose that (or possibly souths) we had a scrum 10m out and instead of setting for a field goal like any any decent team would benji runs it and gets bundled into touch on the first. they havent learnt from last year and sadly never will whilst that idiot is in charge.

we certainly werent soft today, our pack was very good and everybody had a go.

currently the tigers are a team without confidence and its showing. the bounce of the ball just isnt going our way, the 50/50s are going against us and the attack just isnt flowing. when your playing with confidence these go for you. i mean when has a team EVER got 3 penalties in the last 4 minutes when the game is on the line....ever?!?

a decent team would be able to over come that and the tigers should have already had it wrapped up. however at the moment we arent a decent team and need these things to go our way.

next week galloway and farah will be back, i actually think we'll beat the broncos, dont know why i just do. i think we've given the main teams too much of a head start and sadly after round 5 our seasons already slipped away. we'll still probably make the 8 or at least be right up there, but cant see us challenging for anything.

Well, I think my team showed against your mob they can throw away games as well. It is painful to watch.

The Tigers were better in every area that they have been lacking in- forwards were strong even after Ellis went off, Marshall was great (no head knock helped), defense was much stronger, played much smarter, right up to the 73rd minute. Then they were awful. I guess it shows they can play well even with their missing players, but can play very stupidly as well. Lawrence was pretty bad- I expected more from him. Moltzen was very good, fullback with some chipping in at the line in attack suits him. Season is still early though.

Souths were flat and looked unable to score or get back into the game until right at the end, then looked unstoppable for 5 minutes. Hope Burgess is OK.

Strips are the worst parts of the game right now- I think technically, the way the game is refereed at the moment, the crucial strip ball calls against the Tigers were correct (maybe the one on the line was wrong- it did look like trying to save a try to me, but Souths had some bad calls too, like the hand on the ball "knock on" near the end), but Souths got a lot of advantages for some poor ball security. The rule is an abomination- it gave so much territory and momentum to a team that didn't earn it, I think it was obvious how bad the rule is today. They need to reinterpret the strip ball interpretation so that only blatant reefing at the ball from a player surrounded by tacklers without much momentum counts as a strip. "Stripping" the ball because your hand contacts it when everyone is on the fly and it comes loose after a less than 1 second impact on the ball is a farce of the highest order.

gronkathon

First Grade
Hard game to lose but thats football.

Crocker was very lucky to stay I thought at the time leading with a cocked elbow regardless of a player falling, the one game Moltzen looks decent and he ends up not finishing and will be out next week.

The non strip call n front of the posts in the last 10 hurt but I can live with it.

All in all alot of young guys stepped up. Matt Bell really proved himself as a forwards leader and the boys seemed to work with instead of against one another which was nice

Vic Mackey

Referee
the crocker one was bad, i know moltzen was falling but crocker lead with the elbow...not even attempting a tackle

lockyno1

Post Whore
the crocker one was bad, i know moltzen was falling but crocker lead with the elbow...not even attempting a tackle

If Williams was not sent off, no one will, Crocker will get a 1-2 week holiday for the hit though, you were better without LOLMoltzen anyway!

BranVan3000

Coach
Yeah that was pretty dodgy. I thought it was his hands that hit him at the ground but rewatching it looks like the forearm/elbow

Should probably get a week

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If that is not a send off offense then I can't understand what is?

Cocked forearm, elbow straight into the head. The officials are weak as piss, he should have been sent.

BranVan3000

Coach
Well, I think my team showed against your mob they can throw away games as well. It is painful to watch.

The Tigers were better in every area that they have been lacking in- forwards were strong even after Ellis went off, Marshall was great (no head knock helped), defense was much stronger, played much smarter, right up to the 73rd minute. Then they were awful. I guess it shows they can play well even with their missing players, but can play very stupidly as well. Lawrence was pretty bad- I expected more from him. Moltzen was very good, fullback with some chipping in at the line in attack suits him. Season is still early though.

Souths were flat and looked unable to score or get back into the game until right at the end, then looked unstoppable for 5 minutes. Hope Burgess is OK.

Strips are the worst parts of the game right now- I think technically, the way the game is refereed at the moment, the crucial strip ball calls against the Tigers were correct (maybe the one on the line was wrong- it did look like trying to save a try to me, but Souths had some bad calls too, like the hand on the ball "knock on" near the end), but Souths got a lot of advantages for some poor ball security. The rule is an abomination- it gave so much territory and momentum to a team that didn't earn it, I think it was obvious how bad the rule is today. They need to reinterpret the strip ball interpretation so that only blatant reefing at the ball from a player surrounded by tacklers without much momentum counts as a strip. "Stripping" the ball because your hand contacts it when everyone is on the fly and it comes loose after a less than 1 second impact on the ball is a farce of the highest order.
They really need to revise the rules around ambiguous ball losses in the ruck. IMO, if the lost ball is ambiguous (the ref is unsure if it was raked or dropped) then the refs should let the game continue and the side who comes up with the ball should be reduced to the last tackle - even if the attacking side was on the first tackle. Very obvious rakes or obvious dropped balls would result in the same rules as now.

I think this would increase ball security from the attacking team, because losing it is a bad result either way - and it would reduce attempts at raking from the attacking team because at best they'll get one attacking opportunity from it.

gronkathon

First Grade
The strip call against Lote was horrendous.

You have a guy carring the ball in one hand obviously to increase offload options. Lote tackles him from behind and contacts the ball. That is the definition of poor ball security.

But considering that giant genius gets away with pushing markers out of the way and pulling tacklers off to get a quick PTB it comes as no suprise

skeepe

Immortal
If that is not a send off offense then I can't understand what is?

Cocked forearm, elbow straight into the head. The officials are weak as piss, he should have been sent.

There was a similar incident in the Titans vs Raiders game earlier this year. McCrone kicked, and after the ball was gone Ashley Harrison hit him flush in the head with a raised elbow. It was penalised, but from memory he didn't get cited by the match review committee.

It seems you have to do a lot worse to get suspended these days.

Latest posts