What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Origin 1 | Wed | NSW 10-18 QLD | Etihad

ORIGIN I WINNER: NSW or QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.php?newsid=22703

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Johnathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matthew Scott
9. Cameron Smith (captain)
10. Petero Civoniceva
11. Nate Myles
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange:
14. Matt Gillett
15. David Taylor
16. Ben Hannant
17. David Shillington
18. Daly Cherry-Evans
19. Dane Nielsen

The biggest rugby league match bar none is about to begin. Last years series gave me reason to believe. If we'd have put Tariq Sims in there I'd be very confident of a win. I think NSW can win, it remains to be seen if they do.

Blue heart

Ahhh glory to Origin. It's that time of year again. The time when you threaten your boss to hang yourself from the roof if they dare roster you to work that night.

Lol @ working at McDonald's

Big Pete

Referee
3 years ago NSW travelled to Melbourne with a fresh side filled with question marks that was believed to be the future.

Names such as Farah, Jennings & Creagh were given opportunities to impress but in the end the Maroons proved too strong piling on three tries in a short amount of times to blow the young Blues brigade out of the water.

These players return to that scene 3 years older with more experience along with a fresh batch of potential superstars in Carney, T-Rex & Tamou. Will they fold like their predecessors or will they record their names with the elites of our game?

Qld go into this series looking to continue their history making dominance of the series. There are plenty of questions to be asked of them as well but they have answers in the Storm trio, GI & JT.

If the Blues can shut them out of the game, they win, if not it's just another page in the run for the mighty Maroons.

This is going to be a great series and without a Lockyer to send off it's going to be very close. I expect Qld to take game 1 in a close one.

Timmah

Staff member
Honestly, I feel the only thing that stood in the way of a NSW series win last year was all the emotion of Locky's Suncorp farewell. The Blues have it in them... this will be close.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Honestly, I feel the only thing that stood in the way of a NSW series win last year was all the emotion of Locky's Suncorp farewell. The Blues have it in them... this will be close.

People say how the Blues clocked off after they took the lead in game one last year but that's just one example of that. We've just lacked that killer instinct (B. Moz dropping the ball that would have sealed I think Game III in 10,' leading 18-6 at half-time on hayne's debut spring to mind).

This game will tell us a lot about where the Blues are at mentally. They would have learnt a lot last year but we've yet to consistently win the big moments in 'live' games and we certainly haven't managed it away from Sydney. We've named a great side, we have the class out wide to go 1-0 up.

If we're tough enough.

BunniesMan

Immortal
IMO Cecchin is the best (aka the least bad) ref running around atm. On the other hand, don't rate Cummins.

Timmah

Staff member
Have to agree with Bunniesman, tragically. Cecchin and Perenara are probably the two best in the comp at the moment, Cummins is a bizarre choice though.

skeepe

Immortal
Cummins and Cecchin are going good this year, well deserved.

Timmah are you joking about Perenara? He's the worst referee I've ever seen.

chrisD

Coach
Carney has to be the one the Blues go to in the last 20/15 minutes. It can't be Pearce, Farah or Bird, Carney has to have the ball in hand for all the big decisions in the crunch. If he does, we'll win.

Timmah

Staff member
Cummins and Cecchin are going good this year, well deserved.

Timmah are you joking about Perenara? He's the worst referee I've ever seen.

You'll forgive me if I completely disregard whatever you think about referees.

matrightyeh

Juniors
queensland has this very easy
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif

Mr Saab

Referee
I give Phil Gould 10 mins before he rattles something like

"Qld are looking tired"

Every game, every year...same old same old.

QLD by 14

Rod

Bench
I give Phil Gould 10 mins before he rattles something like

"Qld are looking tired"

Every game, every year...same old same old.

QLD by 14

:lol: Gould is your biggest cheerleader.

Even during the Anzac test he couldn't shut up about Queensland.