What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Origin 1 | Wed | NSW 10-18 QLD | Etihad

ORIGIN I WINNER: NSW or QLD

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tommax25

Bench
WTF is he warning Scott for?

I know I'm a bit late but I thought that was silly too. I know it was for throwing the ball at Bird, but why wasn't bird reprimanded for a blatant, petulant shove on Scott? In the NSW papers today all I read was that Scott instigated it by throwing the ball. No, Bird instigated it by shoving Scott to the ground after the whistle had gone.

I know I'm a bit late but I thought that was silly too. I know it was for throwing the ball at Bird, but why wasn't bird reprimanded for a blatant, petulant shove on Scott? In the NSW papers today all I read was that Scott instigated it by throwing the ball. No, Bird instigated it by shoving Scott to the ground after the whistle had gone.

No. Scott instigated it by his use of the head on Farah. That is what Bird reacted to.

It's not the first time a Queenslander has done that. Thurston tried the same shit last year and gave Beau Scott a bit of a sly headbutt.

Rod

Bench
If there was a penalty every time there was a shove like Bird's there would have been penalty every second play-the-ball.

Tommax25

Bench
No. Scott instigated it by his use of the head on Farah. That is what Bird reacted to.

It's not the first time a Queenslander has done that. Thurston tried the same shit last year and gave Beau Scott a bit of a sly headbutt.

No, Bird needs to leave that to the referee, not escalate a situation. If every player arced up and shoved people to the turf after every single incident there would be brawls every single game. Bird is at fault for not having any self control.

Eelogical

Referee
No, Bird needs to leave that to the referee, not escalate a situation. If every player arced up and shoved people to the turf after every single incident there would be brawls every single game. Bird is at fault for not having any self control.

True dat. Bird showed ill discipline and therefore was suckered in by the oldest trick in the book. Bird-brained for sure. I doubt this possible scenario wasn't rammed home by Stuart in the camp beforehand. One error is all it takes and in this case the error was bad judgement.