What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Origin 3 | Wed 4 Jul | QLD 21-20 NSW | Suncorp

ORIGIN III WINNER: QLD or NSW

• Total voters

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
"I will review it with the coaching staff and have a look at some of the decisions that were made during the night and hopefully get a fair hearing with Mr Harrigan and Mr Raper at some stage down the track."

Exactly the quote I was referring to, f**kwit.

"A fair hearing"?

What sort of fair hearing does he mean? One where the refs bosses tell him everything they want to hear?

All your bleating will be worthless at 10pm on Wednesday when NSW hold up the shield at Suncorp Stadium.

Big Pete

Referee
So you don't think golden point is a good system then?

:lol: The qld uproar would have caused an earthquake if what happened in the 02 series happened to the Maroons, ditto with the "try" scored by GI in game one

The introduction of golden point was one of the game's biggest overreactions and no, I'm not a fan of it.

I'll leave you to dwindle with your hypothetical arguments.

adamkungl

Immortal
The introduction of golden point was one of the game's biggest overreactions and no, I'm not a fan of it.

Are you for real?

The fact that a series could be won on a draw was utterly ridiculous. QLD bias at its very finest.

edit: That said, I'd go with 10 mins extra time before golden point. What's the current rule, GP after 80?

Big Pete

Referee
I'm as real as it gets.

I didn't say anything about extra time in relation to Origin. Just the unnecessary addition of golden point across the competition stemming from the result of one game in which NSW (rightfully) didn't win.

I'm not a fan of golden point in it's current form and I believe plenty of supporters feel the same way about this, even if they support NSW or New Zealand.

adamkungl

Immortal
It's an Origin thread, I would have thought it would be quite reasonable to assume you were talking about the rules regarding a drawn series, rather than the entirely irrelevant issue of club golden point.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade

"A fair hearing"?

What sort of fair hearing does he mean? One where the refs bosses tell him everything they want to hear?

All your bleating will be worthless at 10pm on Wednesday when NSW hold up the shield at Suncorp Stadium.

LOL. You should've just quit while you were behind.

You're comparing the NSWRL hiring an analyst to come up with Cam Smith elbowing Uate in the head, despite Uate launching himself at Smith head first, to Mal being quoted in the paper saying he won't blame the refs, QLD weren't good enough to win it, but would like sit down with the ref's boss ala Stick after game one, and the best you can pull out is "fair hearing"? Not to mention that he didn't even end up requesting the "fair hearing".

You dumb f**k.

You could've just nutted up and admitted your comparison was ridiculous and left it at that, but you had to go full genius didn't you?

:lol:

Big Pete

Referee
I specifically wrote the game's biggest overreaction to encompass all the forms it's present in. If I was talking exclusively about Origin, I would have said so.

I just hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head on Wednesday & Queensland are celebrating a record #7 for Bulla. :cool:

adamkungl

Immortal
I'll be blatantly honest. If NSW don't win on Wed night I probably will be in the foetal position in the dark corner of some pub, crying for the next month. I can't take it anymore :lol:

Hutty1986

Immortal

But in what universe was it an "overreaction"? Qld celebrating like theyd won the series in 02 was pretty ridiculous, something had to be done. Its not the fking bledisloe.

Edit: And my club sides GP record is 1-342

Mr Fourex

Bench

"A fair hearing"?

:lol: :lol: .......first you try and use a dead rubber to prove a point and now this ??

Give up dickhead

go back to officiating in the NRL meme thread.

paxtonpale

Juniors
Lol, all this speculation of Slater playing third origin though Queensland all ready knew that Inglis was to play at FB, they were keeping it away from the media...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I didn't say anything about extra time in relation to Origin. Just the unnecessary addition of golden point across the competition stemming from the result of one game in which NSW (rightfully) didn't win.

You are aware there were TWO drawn series within a four year period which led to the decision, right?

Irrespective of who you claim to be "responsible" for GP making its way into Origin, the fact is that there are few people who think a drawn series going to the previous series result is actually a fair way of doing things.

Grapple

Bench
Either team by 6 and under. I want NSW to win but to beat QLD at Suncorp for game 3 and Petero Civinocincinati farewell will be tough.