What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 14-4 Bulldogs @ ANZ

2012 TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP - WINNERS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can see the GF being the highest attended since the reconfig. Lots of Dogs bandwagoners

we are too hated to have much of a bandwagon:D, although the fact that some hate Melbourne that bit more, may just result in those individuals not caring who wins.

azza29

Juniors
Will be a tight one. Teams are one each apiece this year. Hard to know where Storm sit at the moment given the fairly ordinary Bunnies and Sea Eagles sides we met in the semis. Sneaking suspicion the Doggies will get up with the crowd behind them. Either way it may not be a fun train trip back to Central afterward :shock:

Storm by a Cronk field goal.

Garts

Bench
Yeah it's tough to pick a team to support when your team has just played the worst finals game in recent times. You've got a lot on your plate, don't worry about choosing a team.

The tears had cleared by Saturday morning. I can only hope you are in my position next Monday :D Although no team could play as bad as we did Friday.

Chardy27778

Juniors
Storm will win. Game changed huge last night when bunnies lost their half back. Storm punish you big time when u make mistakes. The bulldogs in both finals made a lot of poor decisions but got away with it. Storm wont let u get away with it.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Bulldogs will get up. They showed a lot of class yesterday night, especially in their forward pack. If they dominate anywhere, it'll be there.

Sounds strange but IMO Inu is the weak link in the Dogs backline...great player but too clever for his own good sometimes and Storm will force him to push junk passes.

Evenflow

Bench
One thing is for sure the Dogs will have to work a hell of a lot harder for their points than they did last night. They scored a few tries from either rubbish defence or dumb mistakes from the Rabbits and you'd think they won't have that same luxury against the Storm.

Storm by 10.

dogslife

Coach
If we contain Smith around the ruck, we should get up. Inu isn't the weak link in our backline, it's Wright

Big Pete

Referee
On paper, Dogs look better but they don't have the poise Melbourne do and are bound to self-destruct.

Evenflow

Bench
If we contain Smith around the ruck, we should get up

If you can do that then you'll go some way to winning the game but that's much easier said then done. I might be bias but he very rarely has a quiet game so i really think the Dogs will have their work cut out shutting him down, especially on the big stage where he seems to thrive.

Like many things though time will tell.

azza29

Juniors
On paper, Dogs look better but they don't have the poise Melbourne do and are bound to self-destruct.

Hehe... "on paper" is phrase that's been bandied around a lot in the last month.

On paper, the Bunnies' forward pack was too big for the Storm
On paper, Manly had momentum while Storm have a poor record coming off the long break

Dogs will need to play a near-perfect game to win. Melbourne's last two games have shown that they are making the most of every error and penalty.

Moffo

Referee
CAN ONLY SEE THE DOGGIES CHOCKING :lol::lol::lol:

40813.jpg

Piss off you mongrel

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Interesting match up. Storm deserve to be slight favourites. I can see Smith carving them up the middle going by what happened in the first half last night. Prefer to see the dogs win it though.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
This will probably be the first Grand Final in a few years I'll actually look forward to. Can't really split either side; should be a cracker!

MatthewA

Juniors
Can't wait for this game.

The Bulldogs have been the best team all year. The Storm have been the second best, however have flown under the radar all season IMO. They have no pressure on them, especially finishing second and not third.

Melbourne have more experience, but I see the Bulldogs having a better squad and a bigger passion to win. Our forwards are superior and our defence has been excellent. We really need to turn up and if we do, we will win.

A very successful year for the Bulldogs whether we win or not. Des has helped turn this club around and we will continue to be a top 4 team in the coming years IMO.