What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Fri | Eels 6-18 Broncos | Parramatta

Round 1 result: Eels v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Didn't realise that Hayne was so vital for defense.

You predicted Brisbane score 24 points earlier.
Best form of defense is attack. You lose your one good attacker and it puts a lot more pressure on you when you defend. More pressure = more points.

The '40' was a bit of an exaggeration but it won't be far off. I reckon 38-6 now.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Broncs but only just. Eels to fire up at home. Not liking their backline, that is the real decider for me. Theyll be a pretty good team once Hayne comes back in and they get rid of Esi Tonga.. I don't even know how he got a start

Big Pete

Referee
Honestly wouldn't surprise me to see the Eels try an ambush and bring in either Hayne, Willie Tonga or both at the last minute and push Fui into the start line-up.

Even if they don't, I'm really weary about this match. It's Round 1, both teams are going to be rusty and all it takes is one good performance from a good player to win it. If Brisbane aren't careful, they could get absolutely blitzed by Sandow early and I really don't like the prospects of having Norman play from behind.

I predict the Broncos will win, but I'm definitely not as confident as some. Just glad the footy is back and I get to watch my team enter a new phase.

user_nat

Coach
Have to love the proof readers over at NRL.com.

In the match preview for this game..
Adding to the Broncos’ assignment is the fact they haven’t beaten Parramatta without Darren Lockyer in their ranks since June 2004.
.. and then at the end..
The Last Time They Met: The Broncos, with Corey Norman deputising for Darren Lockyer and with a host of other Origin stars rested, rolled the Eels 16-12 on a slippery Parramatta Stadium surface in Round 17 last year.

Fail.

boxhead

First Grade
Apparently Hayne is now a chance of playing - as he already was, I assume they mean a bigger chance of playing.
Kearney says the lad(s) has been running well today.
And Luke Burt will be the goal-kicker.

matrightyeh

Juniors
broncos in this easy
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif