What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Mon | Rabbitohs 20-24 Roosters | ANZ

Round 1 result: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BunniesMan

Immortal
No they aren't
I'm not saying they're DCE and Foran (yet), but the Roosters halves are close to the worst halves combo in the league. Our halves aren't one of our biggest strengths (yet) but they're still a lot better than what Easts have to offer.

Galeforce

Bench
Roosters....Souths have no halves therefore are not in the premiership picture at all.

wow , how many times do you need correcting and you only wrote a handfull of words

1) Souths will have halves for the game. I am sure that the coach will pick two.
2) If souths can have 5 captains i am sure the coach can pick two halves or at least one , but more than None , as you incorrectly state.
3) The champion Roosters halves in 2012 plus Carney in 2011 , how did they finish in the premiership in 2011? That result makes youre statement about Souths chances in 2012 illogical.
4) the season has NOT started yet , which means ALL teams are currently in the premiership picture. Some teams have better chance than others.However i cannot understand how Souths are NOT in the premiership picture.
5) souths were second favourite prior to start of 2011 season according to betting agencies. What has changed in 2012?
Well let me list key differences
a)Sandow out , and King in and Reynolds available for season start. Most folks stated this time last year , that Souths halves were not strong. Sandow played some great football , however his defence remained a weakness. Reynolds appears a stronger defender and an OK distributor. Given Souths strength in the outside backs and the forward power , i think this could be a very good tradeoff for 2012.
b) Inglis fit and down to correct playing weight ( even if misses first game due to the ankle injury)
c) Sam Burgess , fit and injury free , same with Roy Asotasi
d) a more modern coach in 2012
e) Souths season will depend on reasonable injury. If you consider all premiership winners in the last decade , usually they have a reasonable injury rate and have most of their key players available for the finals.

So wake up and stop making dumb statements

typicalfan

Coach
wow , how many times do you need correcting and you only wrote a handfull of words

1) Souths will have halves for the game. I am sure that the coach will pick two.
2) If souths can have 5 captains i am sure the coach can pick two halves or at least one , but more than None , as you incorrectly state.
3) The champion Roosters halves in 2012 plus Carney in 2011 , how did they finish in the premiership in 2011? That result makes youre statement about Souths chances in 2012 illogical.
4) the season has NOT started yet , which means ALL teams are currently in the premiership picture. Some teams have better chance than others.However i cannot understand how Souths are NOT in the premiership picture.
5) souths were second favourite prior to start of 2011 season according to betting agencies. What has changed in 2012?
Well let me list key differences
a)Sandow out , and King in and Reynolds available for season start. Most folks stated this time last year , that Souths halves were not strong. Sandow played some great football , however his defence remained a weakness. Reynolds appears a stronger defender and an OK distributor. Given Souths strength in the outside backs and the forward power , i think this could be a very good tradeoff for 2012.
b) Inglis fit and down to correct playing weight ( even if misses first game due to the ankle injury)
c) Sam Burgess , fit and injury free , same with Roy Asotasi
d) a more modern coach in 2012
e) Souths season will depend on reasonable injury. If you consider all premiership winners in the last decade , usually they have a reasonable injury rate and have most of their key players available for the finals.

So wake up and stop making dumb statements
:lol: You should be a comedian

1. I am sorry if you couldn't understand what I said. By no halves I mean no good halves. The coach might pick two but they will both be average.
2. Again no good halves. Souths might be able to name 5 captains and they might be good captains...they might not be as well...but still bad halves.
3. It doesn't make my statement illogical the fact that the Roosters couldn't make the 8 with decent halves, even if one went AWOL along with a few other players, it doesn't mean Souths can win a title with bad halves. The Roosters obviously had internal problems that marred their side.
4. Souths can't win the premiership because they have no good halves therefore aren't in the premiership picture. Unless 15 other sides are stripped of points due to the salary cap or fold I cannot see them winning.
5. Your halves?...besides there was a betting agency that paid out for the Dragons winning the minor premiership last year. Your argument sucks.

b-e are irrelevant regarding your halves and point a is that Sandow was one of your best last year.

adamkungl

Immortal

Souffs are not in the premiership picture because they are souffs.
Loser club loser culture. Spoon contenders for sure.

BunniesMan

Immortal
We haven't been a spoon contender in years. We've finished in the 8 or closer to the 8 than the spoon for 4 of the last 5 seasons. And that's with amateurish coaching and a halfback who was a huge hole in defense.

We now have a modern coach coming here on the back of success, a halfback who is a great tackler. Our path to the premiership will be launched on the back of an elite defense, with multiple match winners in the team to score enough points to win.

We're going to regularly win games 18-6 and 20-10. We will finish in the top 4. Approximately 10 positions higher than your mob.

I'm going to be climbing up the walls in frustration by the time Monday rolls around. I like Monday night footy... Just not when Souths play Monday night. Mind you, if we play on Friday and get done I generally have the shits all weekend. If we get done on a Monday, I just have the shits at work. Then it's no different to normal really and at least my weekend isn't spoiled.

Valheru

Coach
Roosters are a rabble. Will be spoon contenders. Souths to win 30-4

So you are less confidant than your predication of 36-6 last year?

We haven't been a spoon contender in years. We've finished in the 8 or closer to the 8 than the spoon for 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Lol this is code for “we have only finished in the top 8 once in the last 5 seasons and once in 24 years or whatever it has been.

Roosters to win by 75

natheel

Coach
I think chooks will win comfortably

Their forwards will be too strong imo

I hope Morts has a good game

Galeforce

Bench

ha ha ha , fancy a Rooster fan talking spoon culture about Souths. Souths and Roosters , who had the last spoon? Roosters in 2009, ha ha ha , lol , ha ha ha

blaza88z

Coach
how many times have Sutton and Reynolds represented their respective state?

fkn Bunniesman, another season of stupid stupid predictions fueled by metho and regular visits to the dental clinic

no fkn idea what so ever

I think chooks will win comfortably

Their forwards will be too strong imo

I hope Morts has a good game

Taking the piss... Surely? The Roosters pack is balls. If they win it, it'll be in the halves and backs. Last year they beat us because we were a bit underdone fitness wise. Blokes like Mini, Carney and Perret teamed up to rip us a new one out of dummy half. I think they'll go with a similar plan this year. I think we're much fitter to start this year and we have some better defenders up the middle. It will be close but I think the Bunnies will sneak home late.

Last edited:

Haffa

Roosters by a lot. Too much class in the halves for the rabbits. I predict it'll be a slow start for the bunnies. Roosters will be around 8-10.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I had a geniuine LOL at nuffys talking up Anasta and Pearce. FMD people have a short memory. Where did those 2 get Easts last year? Anasta is past his use by date in the halves by half a decade. Pearce made his name by being carried by Carney in Carneys one good year. Since Carney f**ked up Pearce has been exposed as an average player.

Worst halves in the comp. I guarantee Reynolds and Sutton have a better game than Pearce and Anasta.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I guarantee Reynolds and Sutton have a better game than Pearce and Anasta.

128918243836451624.jpg