What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R1 | Mon | Rabbitohs 20-24 Roosters | ANZ

Round 1 result: Rabbitohs v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

Rooster showed nothing special and played very average. They have hands around the ball and try to knock the ball out every tackle, spinning the attacking player, laying all over, disregard for the 10 and general grubiness. I think the ref did everything he could to keep Roosters in the game. In the end they got the win. Bunnies were the better team.

LOL. They didn't get a penalty in the 2nd half till the 70th minute. Souths had plenty of chances and couldn't close it off. Only got themselves to blame.

Danish

Referee
Has John Sutton got something against Greg Inglis?

He just refuses to give him the ball. The one time I remember hInglis getting early ball should have resulted in Matt King scoring.

I noticed this as well.

Souths had multiple sets on our line and they literally only gave ingles the ball once the entire game (when as you mentioned he almost scored)

If I had a team with inglis and Taylor in it I'd be running every 2nd play inside the opposition 20 down their side of the field

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
What a great game to attend! It was a great atmosphere. Both Rabbitohs and Roosters fans were passionate though there was mutual respect out there. I loved every minute of it albeit I missed the U20s fixture.

It has all been said re: the game I'd imagine. Unbelievable finish capped off by one the greatest Roosters of them all in Minichiello. What a finish! Brian Smith is kidding himself if he was "confident" we were still in this game. For 75 minutes we were pedestrian at best against a South Sydney side who flat out impressed me. I left happy though uncertain about the 2012 campaign for the Roosters. I believe Souths fans were the exact opposite. That Souths Sydney will be a troublesome team for all with all their players on the field.

Inglis looks every bit the Storm version. Burgess is back in the form that saw him heaped with praise in 2010. Reynolds is a composed young halfback who has a presence about him out there on the field. He was continually barking instructions to his side, he carried himself like a veteran halfback. Merritt is due back as well. Sutton looks as fit as I've seen him as well. If they are blessed with minimal injuries, Souths have a side capable of the top eight.

As for my Roosters, the jury is out. We were infuriating at times. We played dumb, on occasion soft (e.g. the Sutton try). Mortimer I thought was a passenger when at the game though after watching the replay, he did ok all things considered.

This game should have raised alarm bells for Smith.

This is a fair summation. Though I think the Roosters will cause some trouble and be thereabouts. Add Anasta and SKD to the team and it will be a different story. Mortimer is total arse and you'll be better when he is at Newtown. Your big men will cause problems for any team.

Von

Juniors
Watched the game last night. Unfortuantely I couldn't log on here last night.

As much as I loved the win, any fair minded fan will admit Souths were the better team and Burgess far and away MOTM. Souths will win their fair share of games this year as will we.

Looking forward to SKD & Anasta coming back next week.

We were the better team for the first 30 minutes until we started dropping the ball in our own end which is a positive to take forward that they can do the job if they don't shoot themselves in the foot! I think we missed Anasta running on to the bombs as well about 3 or 4 went uncontested with zero pressure on the defender.

Good team effort which I'm happy with. Souths had the best player and we player as a group effort both in the good stuff and mistakes.

Have to cut those errors in our own half out though that's going to cost us wins if we don't.

Valheru

Coach
BAHAHAHAHAHA

The only thing i find funnier then the roosters winning that my tip coming good is the fans celebrating, though judging from that preformance, that is obviously one of the only wins they will get this year. pathetic effort from both. below nsw cup league.

I am still happy to make that bet... if you have the guts?

First half was even Easts early and Souths later on. Second half was Souths for 30 mins. You could sense Easts getting back in it with ten to go but they made dumb errors or took dumb options. Considering the attacking weapons Souths do have and the possession they have I thought Easts did well to hold them out. Souths seemed a lot more structured in there performance and you could see them playing the clock down and trying to grind the win out. When Souths learn to do that properly they will be a decent side.
Easts have two winnable home games coming up and should be striving to be 3 from 3 with confidence and with Braith back this weekend and possibly Moga it augurs well for them as well. Jury out on bith but Easts really need to lift there discipline has been bad for 3 years now.

Latest posts